Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
It is just a matter of time until the netlists take over. The key to 8th is how quickly and decisively GW reacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
God drat I missed painting Xenos models after so long in 30k land! This jet is about 50% done but I loving painting it. Also got a game in with a mate and was a blast, all hail our 8th edition overlords!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

JBP posted:

Hams are back in style baybeeeee!

Ham is back on the menu, boys.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Killer_Bees! posted:

God drat I missed painting Xenos models after so long in 30k land! This jet is about 50% done but I loving painting it. Also got a game in with a mate and was a blast, all hail our 8th edition overlords!

That looks incredible.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Is there a guide anywhere as to the rough equivalence of power level and points, and what the more common power levels are for matches (like the old 1000/1500/1850/2000 etc)?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TKIY posted:

It is just a matter of time until the netlists take over. The key to 8th is how quickly and decisively GW reacts.

Forgeworld already seems to have some broken things, so hopefully they react quickly.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I almost expect to see tournaments not accepting FW units at this point. It's looking pretty bad.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Endman posted:

I had a good time painting this guy today:

Now I just need to wait for the wash on his base to dry and I can drybrush it and glue on some grass. :)

e: here's another angle:

'sup, Deathwatch bro?

This looks real nice. Love the job you've done with the armor highlights.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Forgeworld already seems to have some broken things, so hopefully they react quickly.

From what I've heard they're extremely under staffed at the moment so I wouldn't expect it.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Pendent posted:

I almost expect to see tournaments not accepting FW units at this point. It's looking pretty bad.

Yeah. As much as I like some of my FW units, the rules team for FW just has no idea what the hell they're doing and I think tournaments would be better off not allowing them.

Got a 1500 point tournament today. In an hour. I better get my stuff ready.

Bringing
Tyrant - Wings - Deathspitters - Rending Claws
Broodlord
15 genestealers
22 fleshborer gaunts
20 devourer gaunts
5 Warriors with talons and boneswords
Exocrine
2 Trygons

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Are these of any use to anyone? I'm in the UK. Please let me know if they are worthless and I'll throw them away instead.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Has anyone on the east coast of the US that has a White Dwarf sub gotten their issue yet? I recently subscribed and they told me June would be my first issue, but it hasn't arrived yet.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Master Twig posted:

Yeah. As much as I like some of my FW units, the rules team for FW just has no idea what the hell they're doing and I think tournaments would be better off not allowing them.

Got a 1500 point tournament today. In an hour. I better get my stuff ready.

Bringing
Tyrant - Wings - Deathspitters - Rending Claws
Broodlord
15 genestealers
22 fleshborer gaunts
20 devourer gaunts
5 Warriors with talons and boneswords
Exocrine
2 Trygons

Are the stealers and devilgaunts being deployed via trygon tunnel? This looks similar to what I play, so keep us posted on how it went for you!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Floppychop posted:

Think it'll cause any problems if I base my Ork nobs on 32s? They just feel way too big for 25s.

I do this with mine and no one has even noticed, let alone complained.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Using bigger bases than you're supposed to should be universally accepted anyway, since having a bigger base is basically an objective downgrade.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Why exactly does Forge World have a separate rules team when it's a subsidiary of Games Workshop and can just use the Real Guys

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Sanford posted:

Are these of any use to anyone? I'm in the UK. Please let me know if they are worthless and I'll throw them away instead.

Those tend to sell pretty well over eBay (not so much trade forums IME, though).

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Sanford posted:

What are the white ones in the top center? They look like they could be ork transfers but it's really hard to tell.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
A dumb first company list I came up with. Lots of firepower and very mobile but pretty fragile and lacking in long-range shooting. It's a very aggressive list.

+++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [110 PL, 2000pts] +++

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [53 PL, 929pts] ++

+ HQ +

Captain [5 PL, 97pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Relic blade, Storm bolter

+ Elites +

Company Veterans [9 PL, 128pts]
. . Space Marine Veteran: Chainsword, Combi-plasma, Frag & Krak grenades
. . Veteran Sergreant: Chainsword, Combi-melta, Frag & Krak grenades

Company Veterans [9 PL, 157pts]
. . Space Marine Veteran: Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Grav-gun
. . Space Marine Veteran: Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Meltagun
. . Space Marine Veteran: Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Plasma gun
. . Space Marine Veteran: Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Plasma gun
. . Veteran Sergreant: Chainsword, Combi-melta, Frag & Krak grenades

Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 165pts]: Combi-bolter, Dreadnought combat weapon, Kheres pattern assault cannon

Sternguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 234pts]
. . Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Special issue boltgun
. . Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Special issue boltgun
. . Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma, Frag & Krak grenades
. . Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Combi-plasma, Frag & Krak grenades
. . Space Marine Veteran w/Heavy Weapon: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Plasma gun
. . Space Marine Veteran w/Heavy Weapon: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Plasma gun
. . Veteran Sergeant: Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Special issue boltgun

+ Dedicated Transport +

Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: 2x Storm bolter

Rhino [4 PL, 74pts]: 2x Storm bolter

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [57 PL, 1071pts] ++

+ HQ +

Chaplain [5 PL, 74pts]: Crozius arcanum, Frag & Krak grenades, Storm bolter

+ Elites +

Apothecary [3 PL, 55pts]: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades

Cataphractii Terminator Squad [13 PL, 238pts]
. . Cataphractii Sergeant: Combi-bolter, Grenade harness, Power sword
. . Cataphractii Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-bolter
. . Cataphractii Terminator: Lightning Claw (Pair)
. . Cataphractii Terminator: Lightning Claw (Pair)
. . Cataphractii Terminator: Chainfist, Combi-bolter

Terminator Squad [13 PL, 243pts]
. . Terminator: Power fist, Storm bolter
. . Terminator Sergeant: Power sword, Storm bolter
. . Terminator w/Heavy Weapon: Assault cannon, Power fist

Vanguard Veteran Squad [8 PL, 154pts]: Jump Pack, Melta bombs
. . Space Marine Veteran: Bolt Pistol & Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades
. . Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Power sword
. . Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Frag & Krak grenades, Power axe
. . Space Marine Veteran: Frag & Krak grenades, Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. . Veteran Sergeant: Frag & Krak grenades, Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 307pts]: Twin assault cannon, Two Hurricane Bolters, Two Stormstrike Missile Launchers, Typhoon missile launcher

Created with BattleScribe

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 24, 2017

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Using bigger bases than you're supposed to should be universally accepted anyway, since having a bigger base is basically an objective downgrade.

It can be both. Anything with an AoE ability would benefit from a slightly larger base.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Been looking for examples of Primaris conversions as I plan my new school / old school Crimson Fists. First MKVI head I have seen on one. Was worried about the gorget but I think it turned out well. Thoughts on this one?

I imagine the Inceptors will be the hardest to pull off.

http://www.adpublishing.de/html/primaris.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
The side shots look like a hilarious bird with a closed and opened mouth

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Played another 1K game last night with Necrons vs Orks. Felt a lot more tactical now that we're leveraging falling back. I still reckon alternating activations in each phase would make the game stronger, but I'm still liking it more.

We also dropped any empty beer cans on the table at the end of every game turn, scattering 4D6" from the centre and inflicting D3 mortal wounds wherever they landed, thereafter becoming LoS blocking terrain. I strongly recommend this practice.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Been looking for examples of Primaris conversions as I plan my new school / old school Crimson Fists. First MKVI head I have seen on one. Was worried about the gorget but I think it turned out well. Thoughts on this one?

I imagine the Inceptors will be the hardest to pull off.

http://www.adpublishing.de/html/primaris.html

drat I wish I'd done this with my Raven Guard now

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

goose willis posted:

The side shots look like a hilarious bird with a closed and opened mouth

Proper beakie then!

I think I have a couple MKVI helmets laying about but going to need more. What is the best way to get a pile of those? Not many sources with a decent number that I have seen.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
normal marines look like tiny little idiots compared to their big bros

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Cross-posting my pink Ham-bois.

Just a few quick photos of the 4 chosen I've finished for my new Emperors Children army. Sorry for the poo poo quality photos, currently waiting on new phone. These pictures don't do the pink justice. It's supposed to be Vallejo Game Color - Squid Pink

The shading is pretty heavy handed, and this is my first go at models this detailed, but I think they came out alright. :shobon:

Still trying to get the process down, and watching a ton of videos. Gonna invest in an airbrush sometime soon and a few new detail brushes so highlights don't end up being so big and messy.

Wanted to go more :sparkles: Emperor's Children. While i was painting a few of these at my FLGS, a few people commented they liked them, but could never bring themselves to field a pink army, thus giving me more confidence that this was the correct decision. Going to do the bases with flowers as well. (Thanks whomever posted the flower links earlier!) Also, here is my terminator sorcerer with a female human head.

Where is her head from?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Looks good. Would you benefit from Vox casters to ensure you can get orders to the right units when needed? And perhaps at least one Commissar to keep those squads in the game?

Edit: somehow missed your Commissar there. Whoops.

Plan is to have one company commander hang out with the psyker and commissar amongst the three units of guard. It shouldn't be too hard to make sure they all stay in coherency and within 6" of the buff characters. The second commander will be in a chimera with the plasma vets and a vox. The meltavets have vox too and are basically the only unit likely to need vox.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

PantsOptional posted:

What are the white ones in the top center? They look like they could be ork transfers but it's really hard to tell.

Cadian stuff. Mainly numbers and skulls. If no-one wants them by tomorrow I'll bin them. I don't want anything for them.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PantsOptional posted:

Is there a guide anywhere as to the rough equivalence of power level and points, and what the more common power levels are for matches (like the old 1000/1500/1850/2000 etc)?

50 is about 1000, 75 for 1500, 100 for 2000 and so on. So about 20 times the PL is your point value. Not entirely but close enough in most cases.

Most matches so far are either 50 or 100 that I've seen, with 75 being a good middle ground that people aren't quite keen on using yet. Your first match in 8th should probably be 50 if only because it might take you a bit to learn the rules if you have to keep checking what each new unit has in terms of stats.

Edit: Well, looks like Kroot Hounds and Vespid are all out on the US GW site. Guessing the new points costs are affecting what models are being sold.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 24, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Had an interesting chat with GW customer service. Put an order in for some 8th release stuff and since I rarely order from their website I threw in some online only stuff, Legion of the Damned and Seth Gabriel. I get the order yesterday with no Seth, I call them up and they say he was out of stock but they wanted to send the rest out and follow up with Seth when he's back in. All well and good but there was no communication about it, Seth was on the dispatch invoice with no mention that he shouldn't have been in the box and then this morning I get notification of a brand new order of just Seth.

I've got tons of good encounters with GW but this just seems kind of shady, like they're not even allowed to admit fault anymore.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Had an interesting chat with GW customer service. Put an order in for some 8th release stuff and since I rarely order from their website I threw in some online only stuff, Legion of the Damned and Seth Gabriel. I get the order yesterday with no Seth, I call them up and they say he was out of stock but they wanted to send the rest out and follow up with Seth when he's back in. All well and good but there was no communication about it, Seth was on the dispatch invoice with no mention that he shouldn't have been in the box and then this morning I get notification of a brand new order of just Seth.

I've got tons of good encounters with GW but this just seems kind of shady, like they're not even allowed to admit fault anymore.

I don't know, a few months back my local GW staffer had massive issues with shipping and ordering things, which we'd chalked up to him and his friends/coworkers being way overworked, since they started getting orders wrong, stuff didn't appear when ordered and there was a lot less communication going on.

Turns out the fault lay with the regional supplier who for some reason had completely dropped the ball for quite a while and things returned to normal a few months into 2017, presumably after re-negotiations or some kind of overhaul of staff. Haven't had an issue since and always felt like the local rep did their best to get me what I wanted as soon as they could. Heck even 8th edition which was expected to be an issue what with how much stuff was being ordered went off more or less without a hitch aside from running out of stock and a mix-up between two similar orders that was resolved the same day.

Yours might be a local issue or regional supplier as it was with me. Don't think GW really gives their staff any instructions beyond how to push as many models as possible for dumb reasons.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Went today to pick up my imperium index 1, apparently I bought the store's last copy and they said it'll be a month or more until they can get more in.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The more I think about it the more annoyed I am that bigmarines can't use normal marine transports. I would totally pick up another Stormraven right now except that it will be useless for what will likely be the vast majority of the new Space Marine releases. Maybe we'll get lucky and GW will come to their senses when the codex hits...

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

The more I think about it the more annoyed I am that bigmarines can't use normal marine transports. I would totally pick up another Stormraven right now except that it will be useless for what will likely be the vast majority of the new Space Marine releases. Maybe we'll get lucky and GW will come to their senses when the codex hits...
I like it because it lets normal marines keep a niche.

The biglys can get their own rides. :colbert: I could understand land raiders and maybe stormravens, but keep them out of my rhinos. Besides, they're getting their own dumb hovertank and are supposedly getting a flying transport too.

Ratzinkaiser
Feb 14, 2008

Books transportalize us to a realm of imagination and adventure

Pendent posted:

The more I think about it the more annoyed I am that bigmarines can't use normal marine transports.

They just can stand the smell of obsolescence their predecessors left behind in them.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Safety Factor posted:

I like it because it lets normal marines keep a niche.

The biglys can get their own rides. :colbert: I could understand land raiders and maybe stormravens, but keep them out of my rhinos. Besides, they're getting their own dumb hovertank and are supposedly getting a flying transport too.

I personally love that the Mastodon is too small to hold Biglys.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I've broke ground on painting the Purple BIglys.

It looks even better than I hoped.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Pendent posted:

I'm looking at the rules for the Stormbird now and it doesn't say anything either way about transporting bigmarines, which is actually pretty funny.

You're totally right though- both the Stormbird and Thunderhawk are way too expensive for most people to buy, and GW is apparently going to release another flyer that "makes the Thunderhawk look like a toy." How insane is the price for this thing going to be?

I bet 10 spacebux it will literally be a small limited edition statue, making it look like a toy next to the actual Thunderhawk. :v:

Edit:

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Where is her head from?

I believe it was this mini from Reaper.

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Every time I read the word T'au I hear my inner voice saying Tau, but with an annoying case of hiccups.

I really wish people would stop excessively using apostrophes to make words sound alien.