Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
The really shocking thing is that they're so shameless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I think you'll find that's actually the least shocking part.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
"Couples lavish lifestyle subsidized by debt riddled children"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472?lang=en

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

etalian posted:

Also $220 a month on coffee

How in gods name do you do that? Even if I assume my awesome coffee machine will die after only one year (it won't) so I have to divide the purchase price by 12 to get price per month, I still can't spend half of that, and I take three to five coffees per day. When I was using a pourover, it was closer to $20/month, and I don't buy any poo poo coffee.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Thank you for ur service

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

PT6A posted:

How in gods name do you do that? Even if I assume my awesome coffee machine will die after only one year (it won't) so I have to divide the purchase price by 12 to get price per month, I still can't spend half of that, and I take three to five coffees per day. When I was using a pourover, it was closer to $20/month, and I don't buy any poo poo coffee.

Starbucks. $220/mo is $10 every week day, which is like 2-3 coffees depending on what you get.

poo poo's hosed. I buy two months of coffee at costco for $15.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
i drink a bulk folger's can every two months because i don't give a poo poo what you think of my taste in coffee

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

namaste faggots posted:

i drink a bulk folger's can every two months because i don't give a poo poo what you think of my taste in coffee

kirkland signature

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Instead of micromanaging a piddly 200/mo expense so that you have 300/mo more in retirement, focus on the stuff that matters like doing things that will help you make an extra 10-15k/mo, sheesh.

(And also focus on not getting divorced, I know someone who just had wrapped up one that ran 200k in legal fees, to say nothing of the asset split and support. Ouch!)

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

James Baud posted:

Instead of micromanaging a piddly 200/mo expense so that you have 300/mo more in retirement, focus on the stuff that matters like doing things that will help you make an extra 10-15k/mo, sheesh.

???????????????????????????????????????????

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

namaste faggots posted:

have you heard of something called landmark forum, friend?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

namaste faggots posted:

Bro do you even drop ship?

Evis
Feb 28, 2007
Flying Spaghetti Monster

That $10/day in coffee might be the only happiness you get in this soul crushing existence.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
do u guys want ot be my amway friends

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

ductonius posted:

kirkland signature

Try the MJB next time. My wife and I like it better than the kirkland stuff and IIRC it's the same price at Costco.

Also LMAO they spend more on daycare and rent than I take home. Being a parent is for suckers and so is living in Vancouver.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Get a better loving job dude Jesus.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

EvilJoven posted:

Try the MJB next time. My wife and I like it better than the kirkland stuff and IIRC it's the same price at Costco.

Also LMAO they spend more on daycare and rent than I take home. Being a parent is for suckers and so is living in Vancouver.

Have you considered investing in bitcoin mining and being an internet farming pioneer? Kids are great you don't know what you're missing out on as I type this when one woke up to visit me in the night while posting on SA.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Mr amd call options to the rescue

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

HookShot posted:

Get a better loving job dude Jesus.

- said the out of touch privileged individual to the person already making well above the median annual income for a full time worker in this country.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
You should get in friend, sold my AMD shares Friday for 20%. My name is pretty fitting now I suppose.

ATVI <60, AMD any dip next week, maybe MU for Friday.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I'm up 20k for this month and I'm just like, lol just keep trump in power for the next 8 years I don't even give a gently caress any more

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
When Kennedy retires America is going full handmaidens tale

Haha get hosed America long as my portfolio keeps going up you could bring back black slavery and I wouldn't bat an eyelid

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I vertically farm artisanal bit coins. Sustainable, organic and chique

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Whenever trump tweets VUN or SPY go up. But he can't be specific, has to be vague or say things like tax cuts.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Risky Bisquick posted:

ATVI <60, AMD any dip next week, maybe MU for Friday.

Neeeerrrrrddd (stocks).

Anecdataly, seems there's been a bit of a boom lately in all the computer janitors and brogrammers I know getting in on all the hot tech stocks of the day and talking up their gains. The way things have been going lately, everyone's a winner pretty much no matter what they do, hard not to make money.

Dunno if its bubbly or just people hitting the point in their careers (all around 30) where they start having enough extra money to start playing around a bit.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kinda bubbly, IMO.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
anyone getting into investing, loving now, has missed the boat

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

namaste faggots posted:

Are you no longer putting more money into the market?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

namaste faggots posted:

There isn't a bad time really

The Butcher posted:

Neeeerrrrrddd (stocks).

Anecdataly, seems there's been a bit of a boom lately in all the computer janitors and brogrammers I know getting in on all the hot tech stocks of the day and talking up their gains. The way things have been going lately, everyone's a winner pretty much no matter what they do, hard not to make money.

Dunno if its bubbly or just people hitting the point in their careers (all around 30) where they start having enough extra money to start playing around a bit.

QQQ is riding a high, but not everyone is making cash. Lots of people dumping 5-6 figures into all time high tech stocks and left holding the bag on a pullback like June 9th.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Butcher posted:

Very nearly the entire north american market has been "can't lose" since Trump won the election. People get cocky when they never have more than a single down day in a row (okay, two days once) and no down weeks.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
sperglord investing is the best comedy

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

The Butcher posted:

Neeeerrrrrddd (stocks).

Anecdataly, seems there’s been a bit of a boom lately in all the computer janitors and brogrammers I know getting in on all the hot tech stocks of the day and talking up their gains. The way things have been going lately, everyone’s a winner pretty much no matter what they do, hard not to make money.

something something shoeshine boys Great Depression

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's really depressing talking to "urban planners" or people with a keen interest in the subject but absolutely zero understanding of economics or finance. The solution to vancouver is more supply. The problem with vancouver and every problem in the entire world is nimby's fighting density. With enough density all problems are solved. Gentrification isn't a problem, it's once again solved by more supply. There's no economic problems in Vancouver because prices are high, it's simply supply and demand. We could be living in a post-scarcity utopia if those drat politicians and racist nimbys (poor ethnic communities are just racist against rich white people) just allowed the density that the market is demanding.

You try to talk about local incomes, or actual population increases, or market speculation, or our insane levels of debt, and it's all just waved away because ultimately it's only about supply and demand.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
BASIC ECON 101

LOL

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
thats a really dumb post bro

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

RBC posted:

thats a really dumb post bro

Yah we just need to increase it to 100k unoccupied homes instead of the current 30-40k

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Baronjutter posted:

It's really depressing talking to "urban planners" or people with a keen interest in the subject but absolutely zero understanding of economics or finance. The solution to vancouver is more supply. The problem with vancouver and every problem in the entire world is nimby's fighting density. With enough density all problems are solved. Gentrification isn't a problem, it's once again solved by more supply. There's no economic problems in Vancouver because prices are high, it's simply supply and demand. We could be living in a post-scarcity utopia if those drat politicians and racist nimbys (poor ethnic communities are just racist against rich white people) just allowed the density that the market is demanding.

You try to talk about local incomes, or actual population increases, or market speculation, or our insane levels of debt, and it's all just waved away because ultimately it's only about supply and demand.

I mean, that and hosed up taxes
in california it's prop 13
in canada it's just straight up tax evasion

if you set a drat nice property tax (big... thick... throbbing... veined... maybe progressive) and applied the gently caress out of it, the price problems would implode anyhow

the racism was there in the 70's but the hosed up housing market wasn't
it was just hosed up in other ways

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

The Butcher posted:

Neeeerrrrrddd (stocks).

I believe you'll find that the only financial instrument true techbros discuss is cryptocurrency..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

blah_blah posted:

I believe you'll find that the only financial instrument true techbros discuss is cryptocurrency..

In my extended circles those boys have been talking bitcoin and poo poo for like 3+ years now.

They are just figuring out the stock market like last few months, which is pretty interesting to hear.

I give advice when asked (especially of the "sooo... you've got MOST of your money in index funds and not just AMD right?" variety) and am happy to help people who want it with anything from basic budgeting and up, but for the most part I just listen and nod.