Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Libertine posted:

The LMA hate is fair because he was about as effective as 2017 Richard Jefferson in the playoffs.

He had a great regular season though. I think it's unfair to judge him based off that one playoff series. Though to be honest, was he like that the whole playoffs? I saw him go off against the Rockets but thats the few games I watched him in during the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/presidual/status/878435961444511744

:(

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

EvanTH posted:

he's gonna eat that pole and end up on the Knicks. Yes, it's the return of Fatty Mills.

If he's not careful that pole could poke his eye out and he'd end up Fetty Mills.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wow. One day later and now he looks like a six year old drew Phil Jackson

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Should the Cavs try to sign Vince Carter? And Other Questions To Make Me Blow My Brains Out

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'd be cool with VC signing with any team that might get him a ring before he retires in ten years.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
don't get me wrong, I love VC, but a 40 year old vince carter is not a difference maker

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Has anyone entirely changed their playstyle as successfully as Carter?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

kingcobweb posted:

Jason Kidd became a decent spot-up 3 point shooter which 10 years before would've probably been crazy?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
he'd fit in for sure, but the question needs to be "which freakin star that was born in the 90s are we adding?"

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Bulls subreddit has raised over $5k for a Fire GarPax billboard

https://np.reddit.com/r/chicagobulls/comments/6j1qgw/ill_take_the_initiative_for_the_billboard/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I mean I've spent money on dumber things.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Brolander posted:

don't get me wrong, I love VC, but a 40 year old vince carter is not a difference maker

I would be okay with him riding the bench all the way to a ring. I just want to see him get one.

All my favorite stars as a kid are pretty much gone and Vince is one of the last ones left (can't actually think of anyone else off the top of my head).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

PG isn't signing an extension with anyone, even the Warriors if the trade was there, it simply costs him too much money to do so. He might give a verbal assurance that doesn't mean anything. But he extended with the Pacers when their team was pretty good, and I feel like he would with someone like Boston or Houston if they won a bunch of games and went deep into the playoffs. Especially if the Lakers are a middling team or worse next season.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Vince needs to sign with GSW and cruise to an easy ring, he's deserved it. Unlike some other wing players...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

Vince needs to sign with GSW and cruise to an easy ring, he's deserved it. Unlike some other wing players...

It would be one of the few things that would get me to root for GSW.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

Antonio McDyess went from rim destroyer to finesse baseline jumper expert

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
So people who look ahead and know about basketball prospects

Who should I be looking at in next years draft to hype up and pin my future hopes as a Bulls fan on?

Only Luca Doncic and Michael Porter?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

kingcobweb posted:

Anthony Davis went from low usage defensive big to ball dominant post up scorer in like one and a half years.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Come on Lonzo, wear a loving shirt correctly.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Atleast he still looks like something a sixth grader drew

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

Who should I be looking at in next years draft to hype up and pin my future hopes as a Bulls fan on?

Luca Doncic is so slick, he's like a really tall hunchbacked Steve Nash when it comes to finishing by throwing up underhanded backwards scoops while running away from the rim. DeAndre Ayton is supposed to be good, Jarred Vanderbilt is very unique, Hamadou Diallo could be something, there are a bunch of other bigs, it's really a draft that's stacked with huge, long, athletic guys. The Bulls have none of those, so any top 7ish pick will give them a chance at one, depending on how things shake out in college

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

I'll get back to you after Iowa State is done taking transfers

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Please don't leave /vc/...I love you

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Metapod posted:

I'll get back to you after Iowa State is done taking transfers

I said future hopes not sobering reality :suicide:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Doncic is really cool but that posture and movement is worrying. I fear for the Slovenian son of whichever poster adopts him

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/878735578082164736

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

That's just savage :drat:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That seems like a pretty low volume of tweets actually

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lol

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Hahah dang

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

only losers think games played is a marker of success. If anything it just means they got more miles on that engine.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dexo posted:

I have previously heard high level praise for Ayton and (to a lesser extent) Bamba.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lol allegedly boston could've had jimmy b for just the #3 pick. If true Ainge is a certified dipshit, unless he already has deals in place to get Hayward and PG.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Anthony Davis went from low usage defensive big to ball dominant post up scorer in like one and a half years.

He and Monty worked well together.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Noctone posted:

lol allegedly boston could've had jimmy b for just the #3 pick. If true Ainge is a certified dipshit, unless he already has deals in place to get Hayward and PG.

I agree completely but listening to the Windhorst/Lowe podcast they float the idea that Ainge actually doesn't want Butler at all and might be much lower on him than the rest of the sentient population not named GarPax.

This is insane. Butler is so loving good.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Butler is easily the best of those three guys and a better fit with either than they are with each other, and a better fit with IT. I just think Ainge isn't interested in going all in right now and prefers the job security of being perpetually pretty good until the league leader looks less top heavy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Harrison Barnes talking about Dirk.
"Honestly, I've just been trying to work as hard as I can and spend as much time as I can with him in the gym. I remember one day at practice we're standing on the sidelines on the gym and said, 'Oh man, Dirk, you're about to get to 20 years. That's impressive. Do you think I can get to 20 years?' He's like, 'No way man. You need major skill to get to 20 years.'

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2017/06/13/harrison-barnes-shines-light-relationship-dirk-nowitzki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Now that the subject is broached, how good is Jimmy Butler?
Is he a top ten player? Could he be the second best player on a championship team? Is he the second best two way wing after Kawhi?

Imagining the Celtics actually made a trade for him, what would have been a fair deal for both sides?

• Locked thread