Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
In all seriousness I think Kaulifaa and Cabba are going to get their poo poo kicked in by Freeza in his fourth form. Then Kale gets mad and turns hulk and holds her own against him, then Freeza turns Golden and starts smacking her around but she keeps powering up, though maybe she ends up running out of power or calming down again. But for a second her actual power is catching up with Freeza, foreshadowing.

I do want to see Freeza beat up a Pride Trooper though. And Frost will see how strong Freeza is and actually be scared. Notice how it was Freeza who initiated the idea that they should work together, and Frost was like "Thats a good idea". Freeza is the leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

TFRazorsaw posted:

Vegeta trash talking and acting arrogant turned him into one of the most popular anime characters of all time.

I wonder what's different here.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I mean Vegeta is also gets owned repeatedly in incredibly humiliating ways

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Universe 2s team was interesting. They seem to have three Sailor Scouts, and from the looks of it they also recruited Queen Beryl or some other type of Negaverse villain from sailor moon. The lady on the far right:

Looks exactly like a sailor moon villain:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Out of all the teams, U3 is the one that looks the least interesting to me. Just a bunch of robots, nothing to write home about. Hope they have interesting powers though.

U10's team looks even more cannon fodder than U9.

The big guy from U2 looks a lot like General Rildo's first form.

No alt Universe Namekian though :(

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

Out of all the teams, U3 is the one that looks the least interesting to me. Just a bunch of robots, nothing to write home about. Hope they have interesting powers though.

U10's team looks even more cannon fodder than U9.

The big guy from U2 looks a lot like General Rildo's first form.

No alt Universe Namekian though :(

Universe 6 still has two characters left to show off, so there's still slight hope for a Alt Namekian I guess

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

New episode is hype as gently caress. I am rooting for Orc universe because holy poo poo, that guy looks straight out of WoW. I'm loving all of these crazy designs and am going to be bummed if the losing universes are not asspulled out of permanent erasure.

I think that the U7 interactions before they departed aren't getting enough love. Not only was the Vegeta and Frieza interaction hilarious, but it was cool seeing him be reminded of Trunks and Bulla and the last shot of him looking down at Bulma. It feels like he has more at stake than anyone else. Beneath that tough guy act, he really loves his family :3:

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rutibex posted:

Universe 2s team was interesting. They seem to have three Sailor Scouts, and from the looks of it they also recruited Queen Beryl or some other type of Negaverse villain from sailor moon. The lady on the far right:

Big guy and old guy are giving me serious GT vibes, specifically Myuu and Rilldo. Wonder if that was intentional.

On another note its nice to see that they've started to put in a significant amount of female fighters among all of the universes. Finally, Dragonball gets with the times.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I love that Goku went to say hi to the Pride Troopers and accidentally spoke like a cliche villain. It's just slipping out at this point; he can't stop it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

khwarezm posted:

Reading around youtube and reddit a looooooot of people want to see Caulifla get jobbed and humiliated immediately because of her trash talk in this episode.

Caulifla poo poo talking Goku and getting incredibly psyched to punch people is like the best thing she's done so far tho

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Caulifla is such a bitch! Not like my submissive perfect waifu Kale
:goonsay:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

People hate her because of the Super Sayian thing.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Her thing is no more dumb than Goten/kid Trunks/Gotenks, yet you very rarely see people complain about that, so I'm gonna assume it might just be something else.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
When Vegeta was refusing to take Frieza's hand and Beerus had to intervene just to keep them from fighting, he reminded me of an angry teacher dealing with a lovely school trip.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I feel sorry for the Kaulifaa fans when she goes up against Freeza. Its gonna be repeat of when Videl fought Spopoppvoovitch. :ohdear:

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I bet "So do you like ruling through power too?" is Freeza's go to pick up line.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

HitTheTargets posted:

I love that Goku went to say hi to the Pride Troopers and accidentally spoke like a cliche villain. It's just slipping out at this point; he can't stop it.

So that's what else slipped between Goku and Freeza...

Oh man this episode was nice. Finally seeing all the fighters together, with the crazy designs and even getting the Gods of Destruction fighting a bit. The interactions were on point. But this was the best part:

Champa you little poo poo. :allears:

Spiritus Nox posted:

Caulifla poo poo talking Goku and getting incredibly psyched to punch people is like the best thing she's done so far tho

She's like Goku but less dumb and more of a punk, it's great.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Blue Star posted:

I feel sorry for the Kaulifaa fans when she goes up against Freeza. Its gonna be repeat of when Videl fought Spopoppvoovitch. :ohdear:

Caulifla is gonna clown on Freeza and all of Universe 7 and be the best Saiyan ever. Can't wait until she hits Super Saiyan Mauve.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I liked the part where Champa couldn't restrain himself.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Oh also the Pride Troopers had colored explosions when they posed. :neckbeard:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

How long has Funimation had a dubbed super intro?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

StrifeHira posted:

She's like Goku but less dumb and more of a punk, it's great.

I would assume her gimmick is that she is Goku for U6 except she didn't hit her head.

And Kale is inverse Broly by virtue of falling in love with Caulifla

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A useful chart showing off all the characters and their teams.

And some guesses at their threat level.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 25, 2017

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kazy posted:

How long has Funimation had a dubbed super intro?

They've been using it for a few weeks now on Toonami, but it's been around since almost when the series started when the singer released an album of it and the Japanese version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTWhmnv2puE

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
With the way Super has gone the most likely ending is Frieza being the big bad, Kale fighting him, and then everything dies.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's actually not a guess, there was a magazine page that got posted which showed them.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Threat level... is that supposed to be like odds to win or something? Also universe 10 is just some huge loving weirdos, they're gonna be great.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I'm rooting for universe 3 because it's the universe where robo from chrono trigger is a god of destruction.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Universe 3 is the gooniest universe

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I appreciate that Universe 4 seems to be the Dragon Quest universe

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Does the Dragonball Super dub have the same music as the Japanese one?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

punk rebel ecks posted:

Does the Dragonball Super dub have the same music as the Japanese one?

Yes.

Also You just missed one of the English dubbed episodes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Macksy posted:

I'm rooting for universe 3 because it's the universe where robo from chrono trigger is a god of destruction.

Guess when FATE deleted him, I guess it just made him into a god instead. I'm fine with this.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

lol at everyone who was so positive that flying was allowed for everything other than the out of bounds area

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yes.

Also You just missed one of the English dubbed episodes.

Idc. I'm going to start from the beginning.

Or at least I think. I already saw the two theatrical films. Should I still watch the first few episodes of Super?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Parrotman's hosed if he can't fly

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Honestly no. The movie adaptations are some slow paced poo poo.

The SoL episodes remain great though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Squallege posted:

Parrotman's hosed if he can't fly

Whis specifically states that people who can fly under their own power naturally can still do so.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

Whis specifically states that people who can fly under their own power naturally can still do so.

As he flies away.

I love Whis.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

lol at everyone who was so positive that flying was allowed for everything other than the out of bounds area

Considering earlier they made a point that Roshi still can't fly, it makes sense and seemed obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why doesn't Universe 7 get a nickname?

• Locked thread