Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Jackie legitimately seemed stunned to find out his job wouldn't be held for him in perpetuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I would be shocked if local morning zoo folks made more than $35k/year. Fun fact, here in Seattle one of the rock stations has friggin Danny Bonaduce as part of their morning zoo. I have a hard time believing that he is getting paid a tenth of what he was making before he got kicked off of Adam Carolla's "Howard replacement" show.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lol remember Jack FM? That was a winner. I wonder how many sales execs cursed Stern for going to satellite.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

haljordan posted:

Lol remember Jack FM? That was a winner. I wonder how many sales execs cursed Stern for going to satellite.

JACK FM is still around. No terrestrial station could afford to employ Howard these days anyway.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JB50 posted:

JACK FM is still around. No terrestrial station could afford to employ Howard these days anyway.

We have the (ugh) Free Beer and Hot Wings show here. It's like if mayonnaise had a radio job.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Crotch Bat posted:

Howard did a lot of murky stuff to Alison, let's be clear. He kissed, groped, and got dry humped by women on his show and women at strip clubs. Did he have an affair though? I tend to think not only because we never heard about it ever. Nobody's ever stepped forward to say otherwise and while maybe there's a chance he bought the silence there's no way some random bimbo would have been able to keep her mouth shut about it to her friends who would in turn blab it and someone would have picked up the story.

Yeah I agree. I don't agree with the Beth theories either (that they started dating while he was still married and before he got separated). It seems like the sort of thing that an angry ex-coworker (John, Artie, the HTV crew) would have brought up by now. If not them, then his daughter who did an angry interview that bashed Howard in the newspapers would have brought it up.

I think smarter money is on the relationship ending because Allison found an emotional friend.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Those OJ songs are incredibly racist. wow...

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Yeah I agree. I don't agree with the Beth theories either (that they started dating while he was still married and before he got separated). It seems like the sort of thing that an angry ex-coworker (John, Artie, the HTV crew) would have brought up by now. If not them, then his daughter who did an angry interview that bashed Howard in the newspapers would have brought it up.

I think smarter money is on the relationship ending because Allison found an emotional friend.

Howard and Beth cant even keep the date they met straight. Theres no doubt they were seeing each other while he was still married.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
A few months ago, I sent an email to Richard Christy, I've emailed him before and he has always gotten back to me, though its usually taken several weeks. It was about an idea I had for a tradio prank call. It actually came to me in a dream, so I wasn't sure if it was one that they had done already and I was just "remembering" it through my dream or if it hadn't been done.
The basic premise is this: Sal or Richard call Tradio trying to sell some "breeding sheep". Without going in to details, it is implied that while the call is going on, it is subtle, but obvious that the caller is boning the sheep.

Richard ended up getting back to me a week or so ago, saying they'd try that one out. I guess they hadn't done it already as I'd thought. I'm sure they get tons of suggestions from fans, and I don't know the legalities of using an idea that a fan has submitted, but I'm hoping to hear it on the show at some point.

Fingers crossed.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

JB50 posted:

Howard and Beth cant even keep the date they met straight. Theres no doubt they were seeing each other while he was still married.

Yes, they saw each other while he was still married. Howard and Alison separated in 1999 and the divorce didn't happen for nearly 2 years later during which he also banged Robin Givens, Angie Everhart, and others. He absolutely slept with Beth and other women while he was still married, there can be zero debate about that fact. Beth wasn't the cause of the separation/divorce, though.

The dates stuff is, I don't know, people focus on that stuff when it doesn't matter. Some people remember dates well and others don't, it's not a test of a relationship or the test of a liar. Robin and Mr. X had dated for what, like 7-10 years, and they couldn't agree on their first date. Don't look at it like a couple who can't keep their lie (that would harm nobody and would be pointless to keep up 15+ years after divorce) together. I would bet you money you could take 100 random couples, asked them the date they met, where their first date was, and where they had sex for the first time and maybe 20% answer all three correctly. People forget poo poo all the time, it's not indicative of a grand conspiracy.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 25, 2017

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
People forget dates and the details of first meetings all the time. I'm only in my early thirties and I forget things like that all time, so I can imagine its even worse for Howard. If there was some conspiracy that Howard and Beth were keeping to, then you would think that they would have stuck to it more closely.

I deffo think there was a cracking of the whip at some point when it came to Beth. Robin used to criticize her all the time (like when she read that FHM interview) and Sal used to do it when he called into the show (like when he showed up to the tasteless costume contest as "Beth the Gold Digger" while wearing a dress and carrying a shovel). Howard definitely laid down the law at some point, as it became a total love fest whenever Beth's name was mentioned, with only Sal defying him.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Howard can't remember dates because he seriously can't do math without counting on his fingers like a four year old. Just the other day Howard was trying to figure out how long it had been since the Foo Fighters had done an acoustic version of one of their songs. It happened in 1998 and Howard thought that was 21 years ago until a caller corrected him.

The language center of his brain is overdeveloped and the math center is practically nonexistent.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Former Human posted:

Howard can't remember dates because he seriously can't do math without counting on his fingers like a four year old. Just the other day Howard was trying to figure out how long it had been since the Foo Fighters had done an acoustic version of one of their songs. It happened in 1998 and Howard thought that was 21 years ago until a caller corrected him.

The language center of his brain is overdeveloped and the math center is practically nonexistent.

I remember when Louis CK was trying to tell him about something that happened 20 years ago, in 93, and Howard kept mistaking it for 2003, which at the time was only 10 years ago.

Former Human posted:

Quick, Howard; what's 9 times 7?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Former Human posted:

How early in the morning was it when he was trying, that's important to consider.

Robin reading the FHM piece is easily her best work.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Yes, they saw each other while he was still married. Howard and Alison separated in 1999 and the divorce didn't happen for nearly 2 years later during which he also banged Robin Givens, Angie Everhart, and others. He absolutely slept with Beth and other women while he was still married, there can be zero debate about that fact. Beth wasn't the cause of the separation/divorce, though.

The dates stuff is, I don't know, people focus on that stuff when it doesn't matter. Some people remember dates well and others don't, it's not a test of a relationship or the test of a liar. Robin and Mr. X had dated for what, like 7-10 years, and they couldn't agree on their first date. Don't look at it like a couple who can't keep their lie (that would harm nobody and would be pointless to keep up 15+ years after divorce) together. I would bet you money you could take 100 random couples, asked them the date they met, where their first date was, and where they had sex for the first time and maybe 20% answer all three correctly. People forget poo poo all the time, it's not indicative of a grand conspiracy.

While your posts makes sense, John Popper's book talks about how Beth came up to him and said she's Howard's secret girlfriend when he was on Letterman one day way before he was divorced. I'm not a conspiracy theorist when it comes to that, but it seems like lying about an event like that could definitely lead to some sort of litigation or something.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Lol if that story is true, Beth is a stone cold dumb dumb.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

haljordan posted:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I think we are confusing "date of separation" with "date of divorce". Separation comes first, the whole point of separation is to free you up to have sex with other people while you are waiting for the divorce to go through. Howard and Alison were never working on their marriage during this period, only finalizing the divorce.

"I'm secretly Howard's girlfriend" could just mean "Howard told me to keep quiet until everything is final."

haljordan posted:

Eh, I feel like she did OK in school, but she has no self awareness and very little common sense.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Squashy Nipples posted:

Eh, I feel like she did OK in school, but she has no self awareness and very little common sense.

Beth the Actress.

Ninja edit: High-pitch Beth?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Speaking of Beth, someone on Reddit posted this video of her showing off her high school, but unfortunately we don't get to see the creepy principal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CknXS3WHRP4

My high school was such a shithole compared to this place.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, that dude just glossed over a sexual confrontation with Beth? What the hell were they doing? Displaying their plumage like horny peacocks?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Evil Agita posted:

Speaking of Beth, someone on Reddit posted this video of her showing off her high school, but unfortunately we don't get to see the creepy principal.

Im the kid wearing the Metallica t-shirt.

Mullets, mullets everywhere.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

Looks a lot like where I went to high school... I graduated in 1991, I think Beth is like 1 year older then me.

JB50 posted:

Im the kid wearing the Metallica t-shirt.

Mullets, mullets everywhere.

It's not just the hairdos, THE OUTFITS!

I'm getting flashbacks.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I graduated in '92. I was living in Kentucky so mullets and Metallica t-shirts were standard issue.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

... the divorce didn't happen for nearly 2 years later during which he also banged Robin Givens, Angie Everhart, and others...

I know there are a few rumors that those were fake relationships as Givens and Everhart were Buckwald clients, and that Howard was with Beth all along.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Bad news: I'm shutting down scriptcover.com
Good news: I've already moved all the content to transmodiar.com

Update your links accordingly!

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I remember when Louis CK was trying to tell him about something that happened 20 years ago, in 93, and Howard kept mistaking it for 2003, which at the time was only 10 years ago.

I graduated in 1990 and I sometimes forget and think it was 2000. I'm terrible at math so no huge surprise there, but in a Facebook group thread of my graduating class it turned out a bunch of us do the same thing. Random story, I know. Just made me think of it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Smeep posted:

I graduated in 1990 and I sometimes forget and think it was 2000. I'm terrible at math so no huge surprise there, but in a Facebook group thread of my graduating class it turned out a bunch of us do the same thing. Random story, I know. Just made me think of it.

I work with a group of guys that are 27-35 years in age (I'm 43) and I constantly forget the age gap. The other day we were talking about Pulp Fiction and I said that I went opening weekend to see it in the theater. My co-worker said he tried too but they kept kicking him out. I said, "Where you laughing really loud or something?" and he was like, "no I was only 13 and it was R rated.".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I've been saying poo poo was "about 10 years ago" for a long time now, but a lot of times, whatever it is that I'm referring to was more like 15+.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Heard an older clip where they berated Gary into crying because Mary rules with an iron fist and makes Gary watch the kids on the weekend. Gary in the 80s was living on West 73rd and Amsterdam, right next to Broadway and a block from Central Park. No wonder he was a cokehead poon hound back then.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I work with a group of guys that are 27-35 years in age (I'm 43) and I constantly forget the age gap. The other day we were talking about Pulp Fiction and I said that I went opening weekend to see it in the theater. My co-worker said he tried too but they kept kicking him out. I said, "Where you laughing really loud or something?" and he was like, "no I was only 13 and it was R rated.".

I work with a bunch of people in their 20s and mentioned a CD club one day and they all just gave me blank stares it was horrible.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I work with a bunch of people in their 20s and mentioned a CD club one day and they all just gave me blank stares it was horrible.

I was talking to someone my age while some interns were around and we started talking about writing checks and balancing a checkbook and it was so funny to see them just not be able to add to the conversation. Most people under 30 today have maybe written a handful of checks in their lives, some maybe a little more/less but nothing like when we grew up and the checkbook actually went places with you and you actually went through entire books or you couldn't just sign up for automatic deduction or pay a bill online 30 seconds before it was due but you had to actually time it in the mail to get there before due date so you weren't assessed a late fee.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 27, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://streamable.com/vmgzw

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Going back thru Sirius years, I forgot how early on Artie starts loving up. His contributions drop dramatically after the first month, and by early March he's already calling in "sick". Loser.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

kylej posted:

Going back thru Sirius years, I forgot how early on Artie starts loving up. His contributions drop dramatically after the first month, and by early March he's already calling in "sick". Loser.

It was so obvious to anyone whos ever been around a hard drug user. The people making excuses for him on the show were just pathetic. As a result of that Dr. Drew and Brad Garrett were some of the best appearances for calling out Arties bullshit, they saw right through it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

This amazing drawing is also great show trivia. See if you can name them all and specifically where they're from!

Back row: Gary Puppet, Gary in drag from Miss America book, Sal in Gary mask, Gary playing the trumpet to Robin's Guatemala music, They Call Me Baba Booey book cover.

Middle row: Gary kissing Howard's rear end after losing a sports bet, the "I want you back" tape, Baba Looey, Gary getting his caps live on the air

Front row: Gary in a knight's helm from the Channel 9 show, the Gary pitch, Fred's painting of Gary, Sybian mask Gary.

The monkey pic and shrimp aren't specific to anything.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 28, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brad Garrett called his bs? I don't remember we that

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

Brad Garrett called his bs? I don't remember we that

He made fun of Beth too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgcvhRIzAlc&t=3148s

I think it was a later interview where he calls out Artie. During the Sirius/XM show.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 28, 2017

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Yeah he for sure called out Artie on the Sirius show. I remember being so annoyed how everyone kept making excuses for him (sugar crash, arties new diet making him ill, etc) and when Brad called him out it was cathartic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Naw, it's just too much Hawaiian Punch.