Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

While I have kind of quit MPs I will post about it as soon as I see one.

Why did you quit MPs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ugh my Red Alert is annoying me. His chest piece won't click with the peg that's at his waist.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

pubic works project posted:

Ugh my Red Alert is annoying me. His chest piece won't click with the peg that's at his waist.

Knockoff MP?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

DoctorWhat posted:

Knockoff MP?

Yeah :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You need to file down the peg a little along one of the long sides(not the top), then it'll fit.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

You need to file down the peg a little along one of the long sides(not the top), then it'll fit.

What's the best way to file down something like this? Exacto-knife?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

That's how I did mine.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Buy cheap modeling files off amazon.

Really nice to have for Hasbro stuff too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If he's anything like KO Sideswipe (he is exactly like KO Sideswipe) you're better off embiggening the slot on the underside of his chest/bumper than trying to file the tab down IMHO.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

LoL, I think I have a few times but no problem

http://www.ebay.com/usr/bababobo00712?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

http://www.ebay.com/usr/hzj401?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

http://www.ebay.com/usr/netclow?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

I have ordered a good dozen times from each of these guys without a single issue. The others I used have since stopped using Ebay. Also CURSES, I could have gotten the MMC Hot Rod for like $80. drat it!
Thanks, although in retrospect I don't know why I asked since I've already burned through all my Transformers play money this month. Hopefully there'll be another sale in a few weeks, seems like there is.

Also,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Hasbro...tYAAOSwLzdWRqZS
:stare:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I was going to pull the trigger on that but $30 shipping is a bit much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

It's how I did mine but you can slip and slice off too much if you're not careful. A file would be better if you've got one on hand, but if not, an exacto knife works

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

It's how I did mine but you can slip and slice off too much if you're not careful. A file would be better if you've got one on hand, but if not, an exacto knife works

Cool. I found a file set on amazon for cheap and I'll get an exacto too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

These were all totally gonna happen guys, we swear!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Uh, they were pretty up front about those being based on concepts and mockups that weren't approved yet.

I mean the Hot Shot is his Universe head jacked onto a Titanmaster.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh cool! Action Masters!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Wow these KOs pop up fast!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WJ clearly has an insider at the factories to pass them the CAD files. I want to check out the real toy in person before I throw down on the KO.

Also saw the film and jesus CHRIST.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

It's easier to use an x-acto knife than it is to use an emory board.

Well, there's my two cents!

Golden Lambor has this problem too.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Okay I actually would be down with Energon Megatron Sky Shadow but the rest are all blurgh as usual

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

SpazmasterX posted:

Okay I actually would be down with Energon Megatron Sky Shadow but the rest are all blurgh as usual

DISAGREE

I mean FunPub was pretty awful but I frikkin need this Jetfire

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really like Badcube Sunsurge. He's so poseable, he explodes and comes back together to transform, he's got a good assortment of accessories. I like the car mode, the fake chest doesn't bother me one bit. The only things I don't like are his missiles don't attach to his gun any more, and he's got more than a few cracks in joints. Which I've bitched about before.

Tonight I found two more of those after transforming him for the first time in a few months. Nothing that'll spread and cause more cracks, but they're there and they disturb my poo poo.

So I don't feel so bad about having put in a preorder on the real one anymore.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

The company that told a handicapped person they needed to stand in line is only 'pretty awful'?

That's pretty cool though. This was the line you wanted someone like FunPub around for, the gimmick oozes potential repaints. That being said, we don't know if Hascon will have exclusives, do we?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I am not fully aware of everything that company has ever done, you know. I said that because I'm aware they have extremely bad business practices and poor behavior and I didn't want to sound like I was ignoring that because of a toy I wanted.

HasCon says it'll have an exclusive toy but it'll probably be in the same vein as stuff they sell at SDCC. They age of exclusives built around obscure characters seems to be over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why did you quit MPs?

Nothing has really grabbed me in a while, MP Megatron isn't on my must-buy list and the 3P stuff has been far more appealing. I'm moving more in a IDW-style direction now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

DISAGREE

Yep I was just poking fun at funpub and their new awful con but that Jetfire concept is incredible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So they're just gonna throw some sloppy paint on a bunch of bots each year and call them "unreleased exclusives?"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Well, this one was just unrealized ideas for what they'd do for the next year's convention with a few customs being given away as part of a raffle. There's no talk about them doing another one.

edit - apparently they said at the con they wouldn't be doing this sort of thing again.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 25, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yki2nEC7jD4

And he has a waist swivel!!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHo was it that told me I was an rear end in a top hat for saying all child actors were bad without seeing TF5 first?

Cuz uh, you owe me an apology bro.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Why would you repaint an Optimus Prime into a slightly different Optimus Prime? Granted this one does look better because of the added paint apps, but it still feels like a waste of an exclusive repaint slot.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

they were going for actionmaster Prime. It's a pretty dumb idea.

Rhyno posted:

WHo was it that told me I was an rear end in a top hat for saying all child actors were bad without seeing TF5 first?

I thought Isabela Moner was one of the people who did a great job, personally.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's ACTION MASTER OPTIMUS PRIME

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TCracker and the other guy who got it early were having some problems tabbing the thing together in altmode, but drat it's so impressive.

Speaking of Prime I got my Leader OP outta storage to transform him again and he's still so, so good. And that's considering he's what I presume is the shittiest version -the battle-damage Hooks version- but goddamn it's such a great toy. I didn't remember his waist hinges being so frighteningly tight during transformation however, maybe it got like this with time?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Are you referring to the Rey clone, or the Stranger Things misfit group of kids in the movie? Either way, I agree.

I also agree that child actors are generally terrible with very, very few exceptions. Lyanna Mormont in Game of Thrones is probably the standout exception there.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blackheart posted:

TCracker and the other guy who got it early were having some problems tabbing the thing together in altmode, but drat it's so impressive.

Speaking of Prime I got my Leader OP outta storage to transform him again and he's still so, so good. And that's considering he's what I presume is the shittiest version -the battle-damage Hooks version- but goddamn it's such a great toy. I didn't remember his waist hinges being so frighteningly tight during transformation however, maybe it got like this with time?

I love how the MP is such an iteration on the ROTF Leader. I love seeing iterative and revolutionary design trends. Like, there's a lot of the ROTF leader, but there's also some Battle Blades in terms of how the torso forms up, and even shades of the DOTM voyager in how the backpack compresses.

The way the MP uses the real headlights is wild.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 25, 2017

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I gotta say as much as I admire what they did with the Battle Blades voyager, I've fallen out of love with it as time went by. It's oddly proportioned as a robot and the transformation is way more of a hassle than even the Leader, plus I once forgot that you were supposed to flip his backpack open for some steps and trying to brute force it I ended up with a nasty scratch on his roof and I'm still mad at it after years :negative: . It is a marvelously engineered toy however.

Dang look at these pictures TCracker snapped up:

Beautifulness

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Just ordered MPM Bumblebee via The Chosen Prime because BOYP HOWDUY. I haven't bought a Movie Bee since Battle Blades literally 7 years ago so I think I'm due.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Are you referring to the Rey clone, or the Stranger Things misfit group of kids in the movie? Either way, I agree.

I also agree that child actors are generally terrible with very, very few exceptions. Lyanna Mormont in Game of Thrones is probably the standout exception there.

Both.

IM GONNA HOTWIRE THIS BITCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Both.

IM GONNA HOTWIRE THIS BITCH.

I love that the elite task force to fight Transformers didn't notice her sneaking aboard the helicopter. I literally smacked my head in anger.

I'm not spoiling any discussion about this movie, no one should go see it.