Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Ball sack peninsula? Where dis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Northern Georgopol is an often overlooked treasuretrove as long as you know where the cars spawn and get out early.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Picked up the game a few days ago and been having a blast!

Managed to get in the top 10 twice so far. It's pretty exciting when you get that far.

Are the circles determined before the match starts or are they based on where people land?

And what's with the artillery fire I keep seeing.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Ball sack peninsula? Where dis?

Directly north of the military base

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Digital Jedi posted:

Picked up the game a few days ago and been having a blast!

Managed to get in the top 10 twice so far. It's pretty exciting when you get that far.

Are the circles determined before the match starts or are they based on where people land?

And what's with the artillery fire I keep seeing.
I don't think circles are based on where people land, they're just randomly distributed about. Artillery fire is the red zone dropping bombs randomly(?), the bombs are generally kind of harmless unless you get unlucky though.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Redundant posted:

I don't think circles are based on where people land, they're just randomly distributed about. Artillery fire is the red zone dropping bombs randomly(?), the bombs are generally kind of harmless unless you get unlucky though.

I really don't understand the gameplay value of red zones. It's not lethal enough to really change how you play, so it's basically just a lottery to randomly frustrate you. They either need to be much more dangerous or just removed.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

sum posted:

I really don't understand the gameplay value of red zones. It's not lethal enough to really change how you play, so it's basically just a lottery to randomly frustrate you. They either need to be much more dangerous or just removed.

They tell you where players are likely to be.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Agoat posted:

They tell you where players are likely to be.
Wait... they land where there's high concentrations of players? gently caress.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Red zones are a good time to run and reposition without the person hiding in a building like a punk you're trying to kill hearing you

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Red zones are a good time to run and reposition without the person hiding in a building like a punk you're trying to kill hearing you

Red zone is the best time to dislodge someone from a house they're camping.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Pouring one out for the homies who hit shift to run away and tab to close inventory and end up being killed by the steam overlay

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

PantsBandit posted:

Pouring one out for the homies who hit shift to run away and tab to close inventory and end up being killed by the steam overlay

My new keyboard has a toggle button that disables shift+tab and the windows key and alt+tab etc and it's the best thing.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

PantsBandit posted:

same, but with my fellow nvidia owners who hit alt to look around and then z to prone and pop up the nvidia overlay

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

sum posted:

They were substantially more dangerous, but the explosions kept clipping through buildings to kill people. They toned it down while they fix that, but I assume they'll up the damage once they've got it sorted out.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone else run into a bug where they can't use heal items with low health?

I just lost a chicken dinner because I had almost no health, but three health packs. Couldn't use them though, and I ended up being shot once and dying.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

I rebound this to ctrl + shift + tab because far too many games have you hitting shift + tab at the same time.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Cinara posted:

I rebound this to ctrl + shift + tab because far too many games have you hitting shift + tab at the same time.

I rebound it to one of my mouse buttons. I use it so often and I don't need to go looking for it or worry about hitting anything else.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

I rebound it to one of my mouse buttons. I use it so often and I don't need to go looking for it or worry about hitting anything else.

what in the world

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Here is the bug. That is a bug, right? Not sure what I could be doing to cause it not to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYuMUymCosg

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

what in the world

I meant that I rebound inventory to one of my extra mouse buttons. I have one bound to health packs and the other to my inventory.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hamelekim posted:

Here is the bug. That is a bug, right? Not sure what I could be doing to cause it not to work.

Fire one more bullet when that happens.

Or drop your gun to the ground and pick it back up.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Hamelekim posted:

I think I saw somebody say they had to switch weapons and take a shot to get the bug to unglitch, but don't quote me on that.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Athanatos posted:

Fire one more bullet when that happens.

Or drop your gun to the ground and pick it back up.

Ah, that's good to know. I will try that next time.

Probably would have lost that battle anyway, but having zero health didn't help.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

sum posted:

It's not lethal enough to really change how you play, so it's basically just a lottery to randomly frustrate you. They either need to be much more dangerous or just removed.

And 2 games later after my post I just died from one. Best luck

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Digital Jedi posted:

And 2 games later after my post I just died from one. Best luck

I was having a good round and driving a buggy and there was one right in front of me and I went "gently caress it, what are the chances of getting hit? I've never been killed by one of these!" and drove straight through the middle of it. Direct hit, car explodes, I die. I laughed a lot.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Is there an explanation of the HUD anywhere? I kind of understand the blue bar is the time until shock hits the white line but what is the flashing red tired looking guy to the right of that? I presume he is supposed to look healthy.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
its your distance relative to the edge of the circle

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Hamelekim posted:

Ah, that's good to know. I will try that next time.

Probably would have lost that battle anyway, but having zero health didn't help.

Those are both the wrong way to resolve it. Hit x to put your gun away and you can med. No noise and no inventory loving. They mentioned fixing it soon.

Also, push 8 for med kits. don't open your drat inventory to heal.

9 for bandages, 0 for boosts.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Had a bunch of fun af squad games with goons from discord on the Asian servers. Final game I was on an 8 kill murder spree marathon run across most of the map. Our group was taking out a couple squads per game consistently, that was super fun.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Goddam is the jank in this game unbearable.

Dropped into military base, and was the only one there. Got a bunch of great loot, but of course the first circle forms around the north-western quarter of the island. Managed to find a UAZ, and floored it in that direction. See a guy on a sidecar-bike, and decide to ram him. He stops, and I ram his rear end at full speed. Die, fucker! ... But wait, my car has become lodged on top of the bike. He takes no damage, dismounts the bike, and unloads on me as I try to figure out what the hell just happened.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

literally this big posted:

Goddam is the jank in this game unbearable.

Dropped into military base, and was the only one there. Got a bunch of great loot, but of course the first circle forms around the north-western quarter of the island. Managed to find a UAZ, and floored it in that direction. See a guy on a sidecar-bike, and decide to ram him. He stops, and I ram his rear end at full speed. Die, fucker! ... But wait, my car has become lodged on top of the bike. He takes no damage, dismounts the bike, and unloads on me as I try to figure out what the hell just happened.

This is a special feature called "reverse realism vehicle space physics" and most of us hope it never goes away.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

TheFonz posted:

Those are both the wrong way to resolve it. Hit x to put your gun away and you can med. No noise and no inventory loving. They mentioned fixing it soon.

Also, push 8 for med kits. don't open your drat inventory to heal.

9 for bandages, 0 for boosts.

I can move if I use inventory but I can't if I use the shortcuts. Taking my hand off the movement keys seems like a bad idea in the middle of a fight.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Change the med hotkeys.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Studio posted:

Change the med hotkeys.

I prefer going into my inventory.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yeah it really doesn't take much longer to go into your inventory to heal

even insane tryhards will do it over taking their hand off wasd/mouse

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

I prefer going into my inventory.

It's more general advice, if someone recommends "use the med buttons 7-0" then yeah, that's pretty far for your hands. I have bandages on G though which is super useful. I'll pop them if I'm hiding behind cover and have been hit. I can interrupt if I need to, but if I don't then I get a small heal. My only problem with healing hotkeys is that Painkillers and Energy Drinks are bound to the same button which is dumb as heck.

When you can plan and heal inventory is fine (like if you're running in the lightning and need to time it well). If not I highly prefer hotkeys.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScaryZealousTruffleRickroll

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
put a second keyboard on the floor and use your feet to heal

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Hamelekim posted:

I can move if I use inventory but I can't if I use the shortcuts. Taking my hand off the movement keys seems like a bad idea in the middle of a fight.

I don't take my hands off the movement keys to do this. Just pivot and use my thumb. I really disagree with opening inventory in a fight. All visual is covered with the overlay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
which one of you was this https://clips.twitch.tv/CoweringStylishStaplePraiseIt

• Locked thread