Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bueno Papi posted:

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/model-estimates/distribution-affordable-care-act-taxes-dec-2016/t16-0310-repeal-38-percent-net

Incomes between 200k-500k would see savings in the hundreds. It doesn't really get going until .1% earners, 165k in savings.

Oh poo poo I thought the 200-500k bracket got a fifty not hundreds. Big woop.

My points the trumpers like it because it fucks over poor people. Poor people are bad for whatever reason. Especially poor, sickly kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Jobs jobs jobs!

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Mustached Demon posted:

My points the trumpers like it because it fucks over poor people. Poor people are bad for whatever reason. Especially poor, sickly kids.

After every single piece of similar legislation or governmental action, a sizable chunk of them have this "OH poo poo THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT ME" moment ... and still vote red the next time around. You're the target of this legislation, people.

tetrapyloctomy fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 25, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

tetrapyloctomy posted:

After every single piece of similar legislation or governmental action, a sizable chunk of them have this "OH poo poo THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT ME" moment ... and still vote red the next time around. You're[ the target of this legislation, people.

Yeah but that brown/poorer person will suffer more so that's ok.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah but that brown/poorer person will suffer more so that's ok.

Seriously, though, I just want to smash things when I see my colleagues support this garbage. We make good money but not enough to really benefit hugely from the tax breaks they're talking about, and every day we see people utterly crushed by poverty. Every single goddamned day. I'm a big fan of keeping whatever part of my paycheck I can, mind you, and yet it is just so loving transparently clear to me that taking just a little bit of my income away has no appreciable effect on my quality of life but can make a huge difference in someone else's. But apparently that's just goddamned theft to the other docs who never took a handout from the government in their lives (went to public school, got federal financial aid for college and medical school, worked as resident physician whose salary was dependent on Medicaid dollars ...).

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Seriously, though, I just want to smash things when I see my colleagues support this garbage. We make good money but not enough to really benefit hugely from the tax breaks they're talking about, and every day we see people utterly crushed by poverty. Every single goddamned day. I'm a big fan of keeping whatever part of my paycheck I can, mind you, and yet it is just so loving transparently clear to me that taking just a little bit of my income away has no appreciable effect on my quality of life but can make a huge difference in someone else's. But apparently that's just goddamned theft to the other docs who never took a handout from the government in their lives (went to public school, got federal financial aid for college and medical school, worked as resident physician whose salary was dependent on Medicaid dollars ...).

Those few extra bucks which go to food or health care so someone can buy something else. It's like tax dollars spent on generic welfare create jobs or something.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Slow news week

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Slow news week

I'm jonesing while I wait for whatever's coming monday.

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Wasn't trying to be a pedant. Just that the majority of the tax cuts are going to hedge funders. Which incidentally are all in blue states. A tax break for CA, NY, and CT.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Majorian posted:

I don't think this is true. Their breakout ability is huge, but their stockpile is almost certainly where estimates put it.:confused:

Yeah, except we don't know for sure, and it's a "Schrodinger's Nuke" situation regardless. Believe they have 200-400 warheads, or more/less. The only way to find out for sure is to count the bombs, missiles, and MIRVs during their deployment, because it certainly wouldn't be beneath China to hide warheads. Still doesn't change the fact that they're definitely looking into building more warheads in the next 20-30 years.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 25, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When ARE we going to find out about Trump's supposed tapes anyway? I'd hope to karmic forces that Trump gets kicked out of office before September.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Grouchio posted:

When ARE we going to find out about Trump's supposed tapes anyway? I'd hope to karmic forces that Trump gets kicked out of office before September.

Trump admitted they didn't exist a few days ago

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That you needed a website/database to keep up with the President's lies is pretty much all future generations will need to know.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ziv Zulander posted:

Trump admitted they didn't exist a few days ago

He CLAIMED they didn't exist.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

He CLAIMED they didn't exist.

He claimed he didn't create them, I thought not that they patently did not exist.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
This particular lie is folding in on itself so much it will gravitationally pull in other lies.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Captain Monkey posted:

He claimed he didn't create them, I thought not that they patently did not exist.

Either way, we shouldn't assume anything is true just cause he said it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Either way, we shouldn't assume anything is true just cause he said it.

Literally nobody in this thread except smoke sumthin believes anything out of trump's mouth dude, I assure you.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Grouchio posted:

He claims he didn't create them, but that leaks and/or unmasking may somehow conjure tapes out of the ether.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bueno Papi posted:

Wasn't trying to be a pedant. Just that the majority of the tax cuts are going to hedge funders. Which incidentally are all in blue states. A tax break for CA, NY, and CT.

This would make an interesting study. Do a score of how much the AHCA will cost an official state like, say, Alabama, vs how much it will give the state in taxes, and staple this information to their Senators' God damned forehead.

I'd bet, as your conjecture, most solid red States get their loving asses kicked by this.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/878927023913271296

hahahaha what

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I invented that word

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So...so you're not supporting the bill then?

Or are you supporting a bill that you have personally dubbed, "mean"?

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

Doesn't matter, he just had to support the Senate bill.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tetrapyloctomy posted:

After every single piece of similar legislation or governmental action, a sizable chunk of them have this "OH poo poo THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT ME" moment ... and still vote red the next time around. You're the target of this legislation, people.

It's a few and far between moment when a Republican is greeted with the reality that their ideology is not prosperity/fairness for every one, but a moral stance that hilariously rich people deserve to exist while the other 99% of us, comparatively, have nothing.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Captain Monkey posted:

He claimed that he didn't create them or have them. He then went on to claim that, while president, he didn't know if someone ELSE was recording his conversations without his knowledge.

What this means is, someone else created them and is keeping them (or recently got rid of them) when it was determined that the contents of the tapes made him look super loving bad.

Those tapes absolutely existed and we'll absolutely never get to hear them.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
I'm hoping the third Trump thread for the 2018 races is just called Reverting to the Mean.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Chilichimp posted:

It's a few and far between moment when a Republican is greeted with the reality that their ideology is not prosperity/fairness for every one, but a moral stance that hilariously rich people deserve to exist while the other 99.99% of us, comparatively, have nothing.

I thought this comment needed more precision.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There Bias Two posted:

Might be assuming the interview will be dubbed

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I love watching puling millennials flip out over the idea of going to war. You hysterical babies, lol. China can't do jack poo poo to the USA. Grow the gently caress up.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Rust Martialis posted:

I love watching puling millennials flip out over the idea of going to war. You hysterical babies, lol. China can't do jack poo poo to the USA. Grow the gently caress up.

I agree, you children need to realize that war is no big deal. We should invade more countries.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Rust Martialis posted:

A lot of millennials have been to war and it didn't go well for them or the country.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So I heard Jane Sanders inflated the promised donations to secure some loans for her hippy college and her husband made a phone call to help her out, now the Trump DOJ is going to make an example of her just because it rings too close to home for the president and he loves to project.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Trumpcare: reversion to the MEAN

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I checked back three pages and I'm very disappointed nobody posted this yet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878946025662296064

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

OctaMurk posted:

I agree, you children need to realize that war is no big deal. We should invade more countries.

Nah just the screeching about the USA being destroyed by China is moronic. All the "we're all gonna diiiiiiiiiie" compared to how we grew up in the Cold War makes you all look like idiots.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Trump also believes Bernie would've won :thunk:

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

Eox posted:

Has anyone tracked Trump's sleep schedule via his tweets?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Eox posted:

By the Law of Trumpian Projection, we have an admission that Trump is not sane. Wrap it up everyone, no need for handwringing about diagnosis anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Rust Martialis posted:

Nah just the screeching about the USA being destroyed by China is moronic. All the "we're all gonna diiiiiiiiiie" compared to how we grew up in the Cold War makes you all look like idiots.

This attitude is exactly why nuclear war is more likely than ever. Our guard is down, so to speak.

Edit:

Sir Tonk posted:

Trump also believes Bernie would've won :thunk:
Mods please probate Trump for primary chat.

• Locked thread