Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why doesn't Universe 7 get a nickname?

The Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So why the hell is a guy from Yardrat in Universe 2 anyways?

Are they going to try and say Goku somehow ended up in Universe 2 after Namek exploded back in the day?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Doesn't the U10 guy's name translate to "useless/hopeless team"? I imagine them and U3 get knocked out pretty quickly just because of their lack of screen time. Also U9 is a shithole and we already got to see them fight so they'll be eliminated pretty fast.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Raxivace posted:

Are they going to try and say Goku somehow ended up in Universe 2 after Namek exploded back in the day?

No universe 2 just also has a Yardrat just like Universe 6 also has Saiyans and Frost Demons.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought only paired universes had mirrored planets though?

Like wasn't the rule that only U6 and U7 have an Earth, had a Sadala etc.?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

IncendiaC posted:

Doesn't the U10 guy's name translate to "useless/hopeless team"? I imagine them and U3 get knocked out pretty quickly just because of their lack of screen time. Also U9 is a shithole and we already got to see them fight so they'll be eliminated pretty fast.

Yeah both universes being showed after U7 made me think they are gonna be gone soon. Also in that chart apparently we already met one of the unseen dudes from U4, anyone know who is Damon?

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
they need to make a game for this arc.

80 players, 8 teams, basically a large arena pubg style game but with martial arts and ki stuff instead of guns. the characters are all so varied you could have so many different playstyles.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raxivace posted:

Yardrats are teleporters. Likely some of them ported to Universe 7 at some point. Goku can use their ablility to teleport to the Afterlife, they being able to cross universes with it does not seem like a stretch.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No universe 2 just also has a Yardrat just like Universe 6 also has Saiyans and Frost Demons.

Thats not how it works, only the mirrored universes share worlds.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

It did get an actual Nickname in the thing that described them. "Our Universe"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Universe 9 are extremely Dragon Quest mooks.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Idc. I'm going to start from the beginning.

Or at least I think. I already saw the two theatrical films. Should I still watch the first few episodes of Super?

Skip everything except Episode 15. Episode 15 is extremely important.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

khwarezm posted:

Reading around youtube and reddit a looooooot of people want to see Caulifla get jobbed and humiliated immediately because of her trash talk in this episode.

She's just getting into battle mode :(

LOL most of DBZ fans are loving misogynists. :shrug:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Caidin posted:

Threat level... is that supposed to be like odds to win or something? Also universe 10 is just some huge loving weirdos, they're gonna be great.

The biggest dude called for a protein drink break while being introduced to Gowasu.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Yardrat guy actually is so powerful he is able to instant transmission across universes

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My dream scenario for the tournament is Piccolo going "actually I learned this decades ago from King Kai" and busting out the Kaioken. Don't let me down Super.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Poor Yamcha.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yamcha will save us all when the Zenos accidentally see the footage of the U6-U7 secret match, and turn out to be devastating baseball fans who DEMAND universal roster teams and collectible cards for weekly games.

Yamcha is about to be famous across all of time and space.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Skip everything except Episode 15. Episode 15 is extremely important.

Where do I start (after finishing Episode 15)?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I believe after episode 28.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is it literally the films but just episodefied like Futurama's initial return?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Nah but the plot is basically the same. Like, I think it's a situation where if you saw one, the other won't have much for you.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Like the films, but longer and animated like a 2003 flash video

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The RoF arc has a decent amount of content unique to it. I think it's better than the movie version overall.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Raxivace posted:

The RoF arc has a decent amount of content unique to it. I think it's better than the movie version overall.

It has Ginyu, end of.

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.
Where do people get the o in RoF?
Shouldn't it just be RF?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Probably a weird relationship to how the Japanese title is "Fukkatsu no F" that makes people think it has an "of" in it

Veotax
May 16, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

They're stretched out to an incredible degree. The SSJ3 Goku vs Beerus fight that was like two minutes in the movie is a whole, terribly animated episode.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thats not how it works, only the mirrored universes share worlds.

They seem to have just changed their minds on that though since the Yardrat isn't Universe 6's member. I'm going to guess the planets can be sprinkled across any amount of universes so they can pull more saiyans out their rear end.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I know the two starting arcs are pretty lovely on the whole but they have lots of good character moments and in the current dub the dialogue is actually much better than I thought it would be, you can tell the actors and writers are having a lot of fun and it feels much more natural compared to Z.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

BizarroAzrael posted:

It has Ginyu, end of.

And that redeemed it of being BoG tier trash. And they didn't embarrass Piccolo by making him struggle against someone equal to Zarbon.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

The Fighting Mongooses.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't believe that after one hundred years the tournament finally starts.

I'm rooting for the beergut birdman.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

a cartoon duck posted:

I can't believe that after one hundred years the tournament finally starts.

I'm rooting for the beergut birdman.

It has been a trying mating season for beergut birdman.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Negrostrike posted:

LOL most of DBZ fans are loving misogynists. :shrug:

Same goes for anime fans, video game fanatics etc.

Generally the internet is a really women-hostile space and the struggle to lessen that has actually just gotten harder over time.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Jiren hype is real

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hit is going to job to jiren

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Augus posted:

The Jiren hype is real

It's seems weird that, for once, they actually made the strong new opponent swole. Typically it's musclebound mooks like Nappa & the real elite fighter is tiny Vegeta.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Jiren is going to beat the everloving poo poo out of Goku

also it seems like one universe's strategy is to just recruit extremely tiny fighters nobody can see that just hide until the end.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

HitTheTargets posted:

It's seems weird that, for once, they actually made the strong new opponent swole. Typically it's musclebound mooks like Nappa & the real elite fighter is tiny Vegeta.

His powerup transformation will involve him shrinking until he's literally a Gray.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Man Toei has their work cut out for them making this fight approach anywhere near the level of hype it has going in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What I would like to see from this tournament:

1. A filler episode after a cliffhanger where Goku and Jiren stare down. In this filler, Yamcha must single-handedly repel an alien invasion on Earth.

2. A filler episode after a cliffhanger where Freeza and Frost are pointing death beam fingers at Vegeta. In this filler, Goten and Trunks stop poachers.

3. A filler episode after a cliffhanger where the head angel dude turns on the rest of the fighters and starts erasing Gods of Destruction. In this filler, Mr. Satan has to deal with Mr. Buu's loud snoring keeping him up at night.

• Locked thread