Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Golden Girls was top notch, although Bea Arthur was the most unlikable straight man I've ever seen in a sitcom

Didn't all the other girls hate her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
But he was about to tell her she's the strongest psychic he's ever seen!

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

Didn't all the other girls hate her?

Man it's like you never even heard the theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GrEhLUF_k

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Rich psychiatrist with a radio show.

Yeah, throughout the show it's suggested that Frasier has made a ridiculous amount of money from some savvy investments, and he obviously has some money in the bank to be able to afford Daphne's salary and his wine budget (which his accountant mentions in a later episode, maybe season 10), particularly when he spends like half a year out of work..

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Man it's like you never even heard the theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GrEhLUF_k

I mean irl

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Frasier made bank working in private practice in Boston and he parleyed that into some high risk high yield investments which, even after a costly divorce, he was able to live comfortably off, combined with his various income streams from being a locally famous radio psychiatrist in Seattle, up till whenever the plot of the show needed him to need money.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Lillith wasn't exactly destitute either

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
And she was hot as gently caress, I can't stress this enough

Wish I had an ice queen

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
Marathoned Cheers during my time off, now on Season 6 of Frasier. Cheers era Lillith though, good god :swoon:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
So glad to see I'm not the only one who thought Bebe Neuwirth was fine like wine :hfive:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

Wish I had an ice queen

roz is the only woman for me

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Marathoned Cheers during my time off, now on Season 6 of Frasier. Cheers era Lillith though, good god :swoon:

Yeah she's absolutely retardedly hot.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

ElGroucho posted:

Wish I had an ice queen

:same:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Lillith wasn't exactly destitute either

That's also true.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

I mean irl

Oh. Yeah I think so. Who wouldn't though?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
lillith is mean, you all have broke brains

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

maskenfreiheit posted:

lillith is mean, you all have broke brains

its like you didnt have a distant and hostile mother or something

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Ive always said dont dip your quill in company ink but gently caress if I had Roz as an employee I'd be banging that poo poo hard

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Ive always said dont dip your quill in company ink but gently caress if I had Roz as an employee I'd be banging that poo poo hard

she's keeping seattle weird, one man 20 years her junior at a time

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
frasier trying to dictate decorating to the family whose house's paint he stirred is gold

Nestorix
Aug 3, 2006

exotic particles

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/06/10-comedy-to-drama-adaptations-we-want-to-see.html

This is golden: "Dr. Frasier Crane (Michael Fassbender) is a reserved, borderline anti-social Psychiatrist who hosts a morning radio show. The use of this media allows him to pretend to be an effective professional without actually talking to anyone face-to-face, as he faux-eases listeners’ deep-seated neuroses through inefficient five-minute conversations."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ive never heard anything bad about Bea Arthur and the Golden Girls is amazing.

I'm gonna put up Roseanne for "Tier 1 90's Sitcom". It's the most realistic portrayal of lower-middle class families because the kids are lovely twerps who all live at home with their boyfriends and the house looks like warm cluttered poo poo but the writing is snappy and the characters are all earthy and funny and grumpy.

It's got this weird warm palette and the only other show I can think of that shared it is maybe Family Matters.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 26, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm gonna put up Roseanne for "Tier 1 90's Sitcom". It's the most realistic portrayal of lower-middle class families because the kids are lovely twerps who all live at home with their boyfriends and the house looks like warm
cluttered poo poo but the writing is snappy and the characters are all earthy and funny and grumpy.

It's got this weird warm palette and the only other show I can think of that shared it is maybe Family Matters.

early Roseanne is top-notch but the show took a nosedive once they brought in Second Becky because she just couldn't get the out-and-out snottiness right that the character required

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it broke my heart to see Becky end up as trailer trash she had so much potential

Darlene was always destined to be a failure tho

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I don't know, I developed a deep and intense loathing for Becky after that poo poo she said to Dan just before she ran off and married Mark, and I never got over it. Becky was more unlikeable than Beverly, for God's sakes.

I think it's because I watched it all as an adult, but watching the Connors deal with the apparent death-spiral into poverty was waaaaaaay too relateable.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm gonna put up Roseanne for "Tier 1 90's Sitcom". It's the most realistic portrayal of lower-middle class families because the kids are lovely twerps who all live at home with their boyfriends and the house looks like warm cluttered poo poo but the writing is snappy and the characters are all earthy and funny and grumpy.

Early season Family Matters was great, but once it became the Eurkel show it sucked. They time traveled and like went to space and poo poo.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I liked home improvement

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Home Improvement was p mediocre but Tool Time owns

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Yeah, Tool rules

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, Tool rules

I dont think so tim

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

I dont think so tim

I knew you were wrong, but I had no idea how wrong you were until now

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Too bad Tim Allen's a conservative shithead. I like him as an actor enough (I may just be thinking of Galaxy Quest).

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Should've called it Fool Time.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

Too bad Tim Allen's a conservative shithead. I like him as an actor enough (I may just be thinking of Galaxy Quest).

He's very personable and funny.

And a convicted coke dealer. Probably a coincidence.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
He also sold out all his drug homies for a lesser sentence

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
tim allen was good in jingle all the way

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~

maskenfreiheit posted:

frasier trying to dictate decorating to the family whose house's paint he stirred is gold

This episode is awesome because the wife is shows up in Breaking Bad as the "I ain't no skank" *squish* methhead.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

mojo1701a posted:

Should've called it Fool Time.

Conservative shithead who got busted trying buy a massive amount of coke. And got off cause he ratted on all his compatriots.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Marenghi posted:

Conservative shithead who got busted trying buy a massive amount of coke. And got off cause he ratted on all his compatriots.

how did he not get a pair of concrete shoes after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

how did he not get a pair of concrete shoes after that?

It was the 70s