Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What other twitch channels would there be to use your Amazon Prime free subscription on? Why not use it on WrestleCircus and give them some money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

TV Zombie posted:

What other twitch channels would there be to use your Amazon Prime free subscription on? Why not use it on WrestleCircus and give them some money?
I give it to comically underpaid all-time-best UFC champion Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson, but you have a good point

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TV Zombie posted:

Mega 64 is a good one. But yes give some to Wrestle Circus as well.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
This ladder match is going to be nuts.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I subbed to Wrestle Circus :). Also, Adam Cole is in the chat?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Call Me Charlie posted:

Pro wrestling is niche and Twitch is a niche platform. The first match is starting and there's 2500 people watching. That's an amazing number for a first time live broadcast. If it got to the point where they could reliably pull in 2000-3000 people with each live event, that'd be a runaway success. But even if 50% of that audience turned into subscribers, that's only $4500 a month.

4500 a month would be insane for most indies if you consider its in addition to gate

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nowhere near 10% of the audience is going to become subscribers, much less 50%

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yo this match rules.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

This match is :stare:

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Couldn't any promotion run on twitch? I thought it was like a youtube model where anyone could put their stuff up.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Any wrestling promotion can run twitch.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Wow they are actually on the front page I guess that must be what they were talking about.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

deadkiller615 posted:

Wow they are actually on the front page I guess that must be what they were talking about.

There have been a lot of Twitch staff watching the stream. I remember them having a heavy presence and pushing VGCW when that first started.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

deadkiller615 posted:

Couldn't any promotion run on twitch? I thought it was like a youtube model where anyone could put their stuff up.

Anybody can stream on Twitch but only a small percentage get partnered. Partnered streamers get a subscription button.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im mad at how long this show is

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BARE rear end ON TWITCH

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I don't know if it's because I only really know of WC because of Jervis, but all the dicks and pussies and swearing and Johnny Mundo's rear end in a top hat have been kind of off putting.

And yeah, this show feels like it's been going on for decades.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
They could have cut this Luchasauras vs John Morrison match. It's a lot of nothing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

with the promo beforehand these two got like 25 minutes of my life

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
End this loving match Jesus Christ.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
That should have been a 5 minute comedy match.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wmotyc

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Even though Reddragon vs Lucha Bros sounds rad as hell. There are still more matches???!!!?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
wrestlecircus was great because i got a free beer when i was talking to trent outside and a fan peer pressured him into chugging a cold one with him. motn

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wrestlecircus is fun but Jesus loving Christ the shows need to be shorter. We bailed with 3 matches left to go because it was already 4 hours in. No show ever needs to be 5.5 hours long.

Lucha/Morrison also went way too long and Sydal/Wentz was not necessary at all. Could have cut those for sure, as much as I love seeing Morrison and hearing him poo poo on Texas.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

According to the Wrestlecircus people the show went way longer than it was supposed to due to Lucha Bros flight delays.

Whether that's true or something they made up to cover for how the biggest criticism was Too Long, who knows, but we'll see what happens with their next live show.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I have my problems with WC but I can understand flight delays(if you were there in person I'm sure it blew having to piss 2 blocks away), I used my free sub on them because it seemed like the easiest way to get another promotion's shows for free, since I can't stand to watch people play video games.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
WrestleCircus is cool but my god do they overbook shows. How can they make money with the cost of all those flights?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It still would've been too long if not for flight delays or whatever. They always book way too many matches. We've been to the last three shows and they get to be excruciating.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They don't. That's why they begged for money to get a new venue, claiming they'd "outgrown" their old one. It's money marks who have discovered they'd rather make money than break even or lose money, unfortunately they're also weirdo white guys who think they have to DIsRuPt tHe pRoCeSs so that's why they fall back on things like crowdsourcing, Patreon, and Twitch's subscriber/donation-friendly systems(formerly YouTube views).

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

and Wrestlecircus is overbooked because they're basically the promotion version of "get your poo poo in", except instead of wrestlers doing moves it's promoters/bookers building fantasy cards

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

i saw maskless pentagon running out of a cab into the side entrance like, halfway through the show, so they weren't super late.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

how do you know it was him HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mob posted:

and Wrestlecircus is overbooked because they're basically the promotion version of "get your poo poo in", except instead of wrestlers doing moves it's promoters/bookers building fantasy cards

That's what I figured as well. Every card is billed as like an indie super card. Maybe book two shows a month if you want to have all of those matches? Or maybe just chill your assess and try to limit your shows to 3-3.5 hours.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Mob posted:

They don't. That's why they begged for money to get a new venue, claiming they'd "outgrown" their old one. It's money marks who have discovered they'd rather make money than break even or lose money, unfortunately they're also weirdo white guys who think they have to DIsRuPt tHe pRoCeSs so that's why they fall back on things like crowdsourcing, Patreon, and Twitch's subscriber/donation-friendly systems(formerly YouTube views).

Didn't they also not book talent's flights for their last show until like, a few days before the event?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I think so, and they made a title and gave it to/named it after reddit to ensure tons of goodwill.

I'll never accuse these guys of not being carny enough for the wrestling business

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

tech's greatest secret is how carny it is

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Mob posted:

how do you know it was him HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

at first i thought, "that's just a regular traveler running into the back with a bunch of bags running into the wrestler's entrance," but then i looked down and saw my arm had been broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Mob posted:

I have my problems with WC but I can understand flight delays(if you were there in person I'm sure it blew having to piss 2 blocks away), I used my free sub on them because it seemed like the easiest way to get another promotion's shows for free, since I can't stand to watch people play video games.

A little off-topic but there's some decent 'non-people playing video games' things on Twitch. Somebody mentioned Mega64 and they broadcast their podcast live, former goon Kevin Pereira brought back Attack Of The Show Attack and there's some cool travel streams where people wander around various parts of Asia (EXBC, awkwards_travel, Andy Milonakis)