Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

MH's biggest fault they ever did: Not including a Steam achievement for logging in.

My god, I would have loved to see the cheev pop up in the lower right, congratulating me for completing a monumental task.

It would have also given me a good laugh.

It bothers me knowing I will never get those last two steam achievements for 10 kills with 50 heroes in pvp and 100 mr sinister clones in x-defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm paralysed with indecision over which hero to unlock.

Is Blade any good? I love Wesley Snipes.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

nopantsjack posted:

I'm paralysed with indecision over which hero to unlock.

Is Blade any good? I love Wesley Snipes.

Right now blade is good because of his signature move, with the right gear (and honestly even with only ok gear) it does INSANE single target burst, as in, oneshot cosmic boss burst. Hes not great at clearing trash mobs though so there is that. Also some people dont like his thirst mechanic much but in the right hands hes a monster. When (eventually) his Sig gets nerfed he will still likely be pretty good.

EDIT: VVVVVV Colour me corrected.

Kea fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 26, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kea posted:

Right now blade is good because of his signature move, with the right gear (and honestly even with only ok gear) it does INSANE single target burst, as in, oneshot cosmic boss burst. Hes not great at clearing trash mobs though so there is that. Also some people dont like his thirst mechanic much but in the right hands hes a monster. When (eventually) his Sig gets nerfed he will still likely be pretty good.

No, he's great at clearing trash. Just swing your chain around and everything dies.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
GW2 has a linear leveling curve, no grind*, and some of the best pretty princessing in an MMO. It also has no elves or dwarves, giant hulking feral cat people (vs sexy elf cattes in ff14). Also, the magnificent armor dye system. And you can gift stuff to people and whale to your heart's content.

FF14 is probably more traditional in terms of mmo content, ie the better version of WoW.

As someone who appreciates art direction in video games, core gw2 is just mind blowing.

*excluding stupid xpac 1 content all new players should ignore.

Erdricks fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 26, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Subscription model GROSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Commenting when you haven't even seen the bulges and vagines though.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Going to try out Secret World: Legends.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Also, this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TCwX11PVw

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

hey nerds add me on steam thanks and god bless http://steamcommunity.com/id/ramadu/

also we should have a discord of some sort to keep in touch

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There is the mh discord channel, but it has mandatory ptt and ptt is more effort than I can muster.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Erdricks posted:

There is the mh discord channel, but it has mandatory ptt and ptt is more effort than I can muster.

Calling that server a MH discord is probably misleading these days, since like maybe one person on there plays it

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

Calling that server a MH discord is probably misleading these days, since like maybe one person on there plays it

Is that one person you?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

ptt is the inferior format for listening into people's tte sessions

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Grinning Goblin posted:

ptt is the inferior format for listening into people's tte sessions

What's the preferred format, NSA wiretap?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

mukbang

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Erdricks posted:

Is that one person you?

lol no, i died years ago

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sometimes I think about logging in, but after the last big change I only ever re-kajiggered about 4 toons so I'd have to sit and do all the equipment for like 50 more, and then there's a small but non-zero chance that someday they're going to release ~omega items~ so I'll just have to gear everyone again anyways.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

What's the preferred format, NSA wiretap?

lol who keeps their microwave next to their computer

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
MH is a good game just look at the proof.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

MH is a good game just look at the proof.

Love that Puzzle Quest from eons ago still gets love and advertisements but nope, not MH. This game is the deformed Cinderella of Marvel Gaming. Advertise your game!

And then there is superior phone game Future Fight, the game of a champion.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
You fools

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

they only included games in active development

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Rufio posted:

You fools

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
P accurate imho

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
I found future fight really boring, more or less standard mobile fair. Not bad as such just... i have no desire to continue playing it,

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Future fight just reminds me of those idle games like cookie clicker. You don't play the game so much as you press buttons occasionally, and the better you're doing, the less you need to press the buttons.

It's like the game itself disincentives you from playing it.

Garvey
Jul 19, 2010
How does this compare to the Ultimate Alliance games? I loved those, would I enjoy this?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Mr. Whale posted:

Future fight just reminds me of those idle games like cookie clicker. You don't play the game so much as you press buttons occasionally, and the better you're doing, the less you need to press the buttons.

It's like the game itself disincentives you from playing it.

Literally none of the endgame content (yes, FF has endgame content, and significantly more than the game in this thread) allows auto-play, but sure it's cookie clicker 2.0.

Garvey posted:

How does this compare to the Ultimate Alliance games? I loved those, would I enjoy this?

It compares poorly, but you'd probably enjoy it for a while anyway. That's the exact mindset that got most of us trapped in this hole.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Garvey posted:

You'll enjoy it a lot. It'll hold your attention I'd think.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

Literally none of the endgame content (yes, FF has endgame content, and significantly more than the game in this thread) allows auto-play, but sure it's cookie clicker 2.0.

Thats fine and its cool you enjoy it but I dont much fancy playing through most of a game just to get to some nebulous end game content that is better, especially in a F2P game that may take weeks to get there and will try its very hardest to take my money the entire time (I admit MH does this too to a degree (looking ta you stashtabs))

Garvey posted:

If you like ARPGs you will probably enjoy it with the following caveats. End game content is not huge (same as many arpgs, endgame is just "gear better") It is very much an F2P game in that spending money can significantly increase your pleasure. Every character shares their inventory and you only get one STASH tab to begin with, this is an absolute nightmare storage wise. There are over 60 heroes each with their own gimmicks and some being very different in how they play, most of them feeling different but of course being a F2P game you must pay or play a lot to unlock these characters. If you consider playing the 28th is the very last day of the current anniversary event and I highly suggest playing now if you can get away with it because you should be able to pick up some extra Eternity Splinters. This is all PC advise of course, the Console version works slightly different.

Kea fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 27, 2017

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I prefer games where I don't have to click at all

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

This is a bad thing because playing it is poo poo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Let's be real. All the games are poo poo though. That's why we can't even find a new game to migrate to! Everything is bad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Saint Freak posted:

Sometimes I think about logging in, but after the last big change I only ever re-kajiggered about 4 toons so I'd have to sit and do all the equipment for like 50 more, and then there's a small but non-zero chance that someday they're going to release ~omega items~ so I'll just have to gear everyone again anyways.
I hit birthday cosmic 60 with Black Widow since I had to prestige her to finish off her Holo-sim achievement and I'd already gotten her to red during a long-ago Avengers tie-in where all the Avengers got ridiculous bonus xp, but since then I haven't felt like logging in at all because there's nothing new to do and the servers are going to shutter anytime soon because the PC game is unprofitable and they pinned all their hopes on developing a different console game that looks like it's going to be as successful as Marvel Heroes was on the PC except this time they won't have investment capital or another successful game to fund reworking it until it's good.

Which is a shame, because I really liked this game.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

RIP FF

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/324773/important-notice-regarding-the-fantastic-four-and-silver-surfer/p1?new=1

quote:

Starting on July 1, 2017, the following Heroes will no longer be available to purchase with Gs: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Thing, Human Torch, and Silver Surfer. You will have until Wednesday (6/28) at 2:00PM PDT to purchase those heroes with Eternity Splinters. This change will also affect all costumes for those characters as well as Future Foundation costumes for other characters. See below for the full list. Please note that this upcoming change will not affect Doctor Doom, who will remain as a playable Villain and maintain his role in the game’s story campaign.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
:lol:, I didn't think Marvel would actually force them to stop selling the FF heroes in the PC version as well.

e; also rip Spider-man Bagman

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

We've gone from circling the drain to flush gentlemen.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

stan lee must be spinning in his grave

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Brother Entropy posted:

stan lee must be spinning in his grave
To be honest I fully expect Stan Lee to outlive Marvel Heroes at this point.