Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Rita's a badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Nina finding out about 'Chris' was a bit awkward but better it happens now than be left for later. I guess 'El' is now 100% on board with the gently caress-up-Charioce plan, but I suspect the sticking point would be that the gods don't much like demons either.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Unusually ugly episode this time. Hopefully, it was just because it didn't really need to be as pretty as usual, and they decided to give the staff a bit of a break.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
given previous posts in this thread i can imagine people still being surprised chris was the king

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nina's actually near sighted

our heroes visit an optician after escaping the dungeon. can they file nina's prescription before it's too late???

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Unusually ugly episode this time. Hopefully, it was just because it didn't really need to be as pretty as usual, and they decided to give the staff a bit of a break.

It's unfair to call it ugly just because it isn't as incredibly fantastic as usual.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

It's unfair to call it ugly just because it isn't as incredibly fantastic as usual.

Nah, there was some genuinely bad stuff. The faces were wonky rather too often for their own good, there were a lot of still frames (including a few 'we swear we'll animate this when the DVDs roll around' shots of walls), and that shot of troops running over the bridge was some Berserk-tier jank. Like I said, good thing we didn't need much of this episode to look good.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Is this gonna get a new opening now that pretty much everything in the current one has already happened?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Jackard posted:

Is this gonna get a new opening now that pretty much everything in the current one has already happened?

yeah it has a new op/ed announced. fortunately the new ed is gonna be performed by daoko again

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
~The strongest party has formed.~

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't realize this was 24 episodes.

I guess the king's brilliant plan is going to blow up in everyone's faces and he joins the party for the second half.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I'm glad the main cast is finally together. I've been looking forward to this for weeks now.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
So uh, are all the other prisoners dead now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is that.....A giant artificial Bahamut egg that was just unleashed?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

If Charioce's genius plan is to build an artificial bahamut then that is a genius idea that can't possibly go wrong.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Grouchio posted:

Is that.....A giant artificial Bahamut egg that was just unleashed?

Nah: Nina is Bahamut reborn, from a clean slate. A virgin soul, if you will.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

StarMinstrel posted:

Nah: Nina is Bahamut reborn, from a clean slate. A virgin soul, if you will.

Alternatively, Nina is able to transform into a dragon only because she has a virgin soul.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This is 24 episodes? Really? Awesome.

Such good production values in this series. Why couldn't Mappa do Berserk? ;_;

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ccs posted:

This is 24 episodes? Really? Awesome.

Such good production values in this series. Why couldn't Mappa do Berserk? ;_;
Berserk can only be failed. It is known.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I watch this anime and all I can think about is Kaiser's artificial hand. I wonder, "How do they make a hand that is so well articulated and functional in this medieval society with their limited technology?"

I might forget about magic, but I hyper-focus on that incredible hand. It's metal, and fake, but Kaiser is no less able to function with it than his flesh-and-blood hand.

Isn't it his left hand but they call the physical hand that Rita uses as a minion "Righty" or something like that?

Then, this episode happens and I wonder will Righty go back to being Kaiser's actual hand now that he's exploded his fake one? But then I think what a waste that would be overall for Rita and everyone involved.

Nothing else the Angles, Demons, or Humans can do will compare to the miracle of Kaiser's fake hand (or Righty, for that matter). I know we're in for something big in the next episode, and Nina is pretty awesome too, but both the fake hand and Righty pretty much steal the show in my book.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The physical comedy/slapstick in this show is fantastic. I can't think of any other anime that does it quite so well.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dan7el posted:

Isn't it his left hand but they call the physical hand that Rita uses as a minion "Righty" or something like that?

She calls it "Rocky" to my knowledge

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

It is Rocky, and every time Rocky shows up is great

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Even if Rita doesn't get to be with Kaiser, she at least gets one of his hands.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
my biggest question about the show is what the gently caress is the hairy guy in the ED. ED shows nina, hamza, rockey or whatever the hand is called and a little hairy guy. who is he!

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jun 25, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

sentient hairball after shaving Favaro

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Charioce's gigantic egg of doom will open to reveal that thing.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Homura and Sickle posted:

my biggest question about the show is what the gently caress is the hairy guy in the ED. ED shows nina, hamza, rockey or whatever the hand is called and a little hairy guy. who is he!

Didn't she have a stuffed animal in the carriage?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Jackard posted:

sentient hairball after shaving Favaro

Not unprecedented

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Great, a mine car level.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

yay explosions.

(Also hahaha the ending bit)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Literally his true inner thoughts.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
that episode was so loving good and rita's mary poppins poo poo never gets old

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Giant robot laser hand, suggestions for revision 2.0:

-Decrease brightness of targeting system
-An awning or roof over operations room
-Maybe get someone other than the king to shoot it?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

BEAMS WENT BOOM! - King Charioce XVII

Why did the King help Nina become a dragon to save her friends if he wanted them apprehended?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Grouchio posted:

BEAMS WENT BOOM! - King Charioce XVII

Why did the King help Nina become a dragon to save her friends if he wanted them apprehended?

he wasn't fully sure of the link between nina and the dragon or how it worked and wanted to find out

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

He actually does have feelings for her.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, Charioce is an increasingly confused dude.

It was nice to see an articulation of just how powerful Dragon-Nina actually is this episode - not invincible, but more dangerous than any other combatant currently on the field. I assume that we're moving towards more actual, proper dragon fight scenes as she gains more control over her powers, rather than it staying as an incredibly unreliable 'I win' button.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Holy poo poo that was an amazing episode. The direction was absolutely fantastic. One of my favorites of any show lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It was also a nice and relaxing episode as well. I know the show does facial expressions pretty well, but I was surprised at the subtlety of a couple of them. Next up: the land of the gods. I'm looking forward to it.

• Locked thread