Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

chuck has a lot of words about needing a progressive policy and bubblegum and sunshine but did not give a single concrete policy here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Subjunctivitis posted:

Uhh, Bernie is actually the guy who crashed a lame party saying, "This party sucks with your chip crumbs, watered-down lemonade, and monopoly. I have tequila, stuff to BBQ, and a fresh new mixtape to throw on the stereo - Let's get turnt!" And then the miserable attendees were all, "No. Go away. That sounds dumb."
As my 100th post I'll have to say this a party where they said all the cool kids would show up, and the first cool kid to show up and stay was Bernie who started changing it so when other cool kids showed up they'd stay because he knows how to make a cool party.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Chuck's the guy who recognizes Bernie is the guy who brings the cool kids they said would show up and ruins his friendship with the host because he wants to make the party the tits pajamas because he's worried about the homecoming game's pregame show.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Cuck Schumer has it wrong you're supposed to blame RUSSIA

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

i want to make an ironstache thread but it's probably a bit too early for that yet

he'll have to linger here in the suck zone until the time comes
If the title doesn't reference a mustache ride i'll be sorely disappointed.

The Zuck thread is a good thing though IMO.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Uncle Wemus posted:

this guy again

inb4 bad dems end up voting for it anyway

Jesus he stole joy Reid's stupid analogy and somehow made it even more stupid

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Yinlock posted:

take my suck energy ironstache

ironstache gets the dinner...bacon? whats a quintessential american food?

if i had disposable income i'd donate to stache

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
Democrats: "Don't Stop Believing"
Leftists: "We Built This City"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8IoFvAbaMU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

This dude owns.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1b8AhIsSYQ

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Seriously, "We Built This City" should have been the Bernie Campaign song.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao his go to booze is some ultra-premium vodka that's $40 a bottle

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

chuck has a lot of words about needing a progressive policy and bubblegum and sunshine but did not give a single concrete policy here

This seems general bad dem trick, they talk about how much they believe progressive policies but don't pass any actual legislation.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

seriously. everyone knows that The Berndog prefers homemade maple mead.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

trendy dipshit brand thats entirely indistinguishable from a $20 handle lmao

wait til the boys in the home bar & drinking thread hear about this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/879086983145979905

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Vox Nihili posted:

who are we talking about here

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

etalian posted:

This seems general bad dem trick, they talk about how much they believe progressive policies but don't pass any actual legislation.
right now they are even worse than that. it's like they refuse to articulate any loving policy position. see: ossoff, tom perez, etc.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

that sir James dipshit whose spending $40 per bottle when he could get a handle of the infinitely superior Tito's for :10bux: less

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

the ciroc guy with the anti-bernie tweets

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

the ciroc guy with the anti-bernie tweets

to be fair, further review indicates that Ciroc costs $24 at my local store, so it's not actually that bad

still, relatively pricey french vodka is a pretty funny choice when youre trying to look like the down to earth person

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Buying Ciroc instead of Tito's Vodka, very shameful.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
love to tour Iowa with my hired photographer

https://twitter.com/zzzzaaaacccchhh/status/878636045251866624

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

to be fair, further review indicates that Ciroc costs $24 at my local store, so it's not actually that bad

still, relatively pricey french vodka is a pretty funny choice when youre trying to look like the down to earth person

are you sure that's not the 375ml bottle/bevmo

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Subjunctivitis posted:

Democrats: "Don't Stop Believing"
Leftists: "We Built This City"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

comedyblissoption posted:

right now they are even worse than that. it's like they refuse to articulate any loving policy position. see: ossoff, tom perez, etc.

It was hilarious seeing Ossoff's repulbican lite campaign getting cucked.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LatorN4P9aA

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

are you sure that's not the 375ml bottle/bevmo

750 ml @ total wine

TW owns, tbf

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
I'd elect that alien president over the standard candidates we get.

At least the alien has empathy.
Or at least bothers to emulate it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that sir James dipshit whose spending $40 per bottle when he could get a handle of the infinitely superior Tito's for :10bux: less

i don't normally like vodka but tito's is pretty good

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Democrats: "Landslide"

Leftists: "Edge of Seventeen"

Subjunctivitis has issued a correction as of 23:19 on Jun 25, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the reason centrists dislike setting out policy positions is because they don't want to preclude themselves from getting that sweet lobbyist cash

the entire goal is getting into politics to turbocharge your lifetime earnings potential and personal influence over society

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/879000737765871618

🤔

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Subjunctivitis posted:

So what the gently caress is PP about? Do they just want to keep their special place as the only major national source for semi-public-funded healthcare? If they get behind single-payer or NHS, and it loses, that they will definitely lose funding from either party? Maybe PP is filled with bad actors, because one would think that siding with the nurses unions would be a very good thing for them instead of capitulating so quickly.

I, for one, would like to see some pieces of these bills that they think would be so bad.

there are a few things in play here: the CO single-payer initiative was held the same time as the presidential election, and CO elected dems + "progressive" groups circled the wagon against the initiative; PP throws itself in with bad dems all the time, hence its endorsement of clinton in the primaries; bad dems love themselves some agenda-setting when it serves their needs; and like someone pointed out, with a full-out single-payer system PP would lose its relevance, especially when it comes to the vast majority of its services (hint: not abortions).

granted, the CO initiative never polled well and lost by a landslide, but to what extent that was due to elected pols of both parties (and "progressive" groups) and the local media opposing it, the insurance industry waging a multi-million-dollar ad campaign against it, or the particulars of this legislation is hard to determine.

but it makes me insane when I see lanyards dismiss federal single-payer or legislation like CA's by saying "if people wanted single-payer then the CO initiative wouldn't have failed" or "Vermont tried it and it failed" (no, the dem governor killed it after running for reelection on it, but it was never "tried").

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Jun 25, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

I'd elect that alien president over the standard candidates we get.

At least the alien has empathy.
Or at least bothers to emulate it.

Oblivion Character look-a-like for president!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Woah I've already found footage of Zuckerberg debate prep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVJsTc_HMU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

there are a few things in play here: the CO single-payer initiative was held the same time as the presidential election, and CO elected dems + "progressive" groups circled the wagon against the initiative; PP throws itself in with bad dems all the time, hence its endorsement of clinton in the primaries; bad dems love themselves some agenda-setting when it serves their needs; and like someone pointed out, with a full-out single-payer system PP would lose its relevance, especially when it comes to the vast majority of its services (hint: not abortions).

granted, the CO initiative never polled well and lost by a landslide, but to what extent that was due to elected pols of both parties (and "progressive" groups) and the local media opposing it, the insurance industry waging a multi-million-dollar ad campaign against it, or the particulars of this legislation is hard to determine.

but it makes me insane when I see lanyards dismiss federal single-payer or legislation like CA's by saying "if people wanted single-payer then the CO initiative wouldn't have failed" or "Vermont tried it and it failed" (no, the dem governor killed it after running for reelection on it, but it was never "tried").

It's almost like like there is big money opposition behind making sure things like higher wages or single payer fail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right posted:

extremely hot take: if medicare for all happens and womens health care is covered, then PP loses a shitload of money

uh i just realized, maybe this is why PP, despite having a 100% record for both bernie and hillary, endorsed hillary so brazenly :stare:

i really hope thats not true, bc everyone deserves free access to birth control and contraceptives no matter what

the people that make salaries in PP would be endangered by single payer.

• Locked thread