Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dustin

they already did this same strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Snails is such a damned strange Dick Tracy villain. I like it. chomp munch

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 27, 1995)

Garfield Classic (June 27, 1985)

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Dustin

they already did this same strip

Um, isn't being a caddy to a professional golfer basically like being a golf coach, like a job that you would still be pretty drat proud of?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I really enjoy Arlo and Janis, my only problem with it is that they always end dialog with exclamation points! I don't know why, but it gets kind of tiring to read! I wish they did it a bit less!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2001 Spiderman

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Sounds like quite the party:

"Welcome to the official website for Up Helly Aa, which takes place in Lerwick, Shetland, on the last Tuesday in January every year. Up Helly Aa Day involves a series of marches and visitations, culminating in a torch-lit procession and the burning of a galley.

The following Wednesday is a public holiday in Lerwick to allow for recovery."

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

See, it's funny because it's relatable. Who among us would not describe the situation in this manner rather than saying, "I'm on a blind date"?

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Edit: Hojo Masako sounded pretty cool, so I looked her up.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 24, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So yeah Evanses you can't build a situation where oh boy the horny new young marriage's days of lazy uninterrupted loving will be interrupted by the little niece because we all know they will just dump the unwanted child on Luann

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
B.C.

Baldo

The obsession with drawing lil' Baldo almost seems like it's hinting at a reboot or spinoff at this point.

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis big reveal

Baby Blues

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

And He Did. (September, 1916)

Outbursts of Everett True (December, 1916)

Doings of the Duffs. (October, 1918, click for big)

The Gay Thirties (September, 1935, click for big))

They'll Do It Every Time (September, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (February, 1941)

Archie (February, 1956, click for big)

Tweedy (August, 1956, click for big)

Feiffer (1973, click for big)

Andy Capp (November, 1971, click for big)

Wee Pals (January, 1972, click for big)

Dick Tracy (September, 2001, click for big)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Slammy posted:

...so until the next month's banquet then

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

What the gently caress is this poo poo? Goddam Brooke always finds new and exciting ways to be awful. It's like his superpower.

Slammy posted:

Poor guy wasn't hurting anyone, and Everett just decides to publicly humiliate him.

Slammy posted:

Holy :lol:

F Minus

"Unless it has pineapple, cause gently caress that."

Mary Worth in Cliffhanger

Rex Morgan MD

Didn't they have this argument like a couple weeks ago? Get on with it.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Mandrake

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Whenever Gilchrist draws adult women in full profile they look really bored to me. I think it's meant to be sultry.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh hey I forgot to post yesterday's comics.

The Classic Dinette Set can't change time.

Working Daze is the wettest of wet farts.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix knows it audience.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's me. I'm the moron.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

"No." The end.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's a pretty boss move to drive your convertible top down at night so you can fit your hat.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Mother From Another Country

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

The characters in old Foob look like lumpy potato people even at the best of times, but the babies are the absolute worst.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

ukonvasara posted:

The characters in old Foob look like lumpy potato people even at the best of times, but the babies are the absolute worst.

I mean, it's not inaccurate.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set get political.

Working Daze should have died out ages ago.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is an art form.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Classic Dinette Set get political.

Look like someone is salty about more than obese midwesterners for once.

Reply All

Zits

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 25-26, 1930)

Peanuts (June 26-27, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Hey, remember Darin's son? The one that we've only seen three times since he was born? He's already a toddler! Wow, kids grow up so fast when the author completely shuffles them off the stage!

I'm so glad that we didn't get to see him try to be a parent! I'd rather spend a year watching these two schlubs sitting around in an apartment on the other side of the country indulging a richly detailed fantasy life that Jessica hasn't been allowed to have!

Fred Fairgood is probably dead by now! Hope somebody called Darin for the funeral!

Crankshaft

Isn't this supposed to take place in Ohio? Have they been doing drought conservation there?

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (January 12-13, 1931)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I don't know of any drought days around here in Ohio but I don't know if it's different up Cleveland way. I would think no?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Johnny Walker posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo? Goddam Brooke always finds new and exciting ways to be awful. It's like his superpower.

Aw, give good ol' Honorable Master a break. He probably sprained his wrist working on Pibgorn.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 28, 1995)

Garfield Classic (June 28, 1985)

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

What an rear end. The people who actually work there are getting yelled at over this.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Zippy

Ripley's

Tracy tonight!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Since this thread has been rediscovering Jules Feiffer, this strip feels like a good excuse to revisit Jules Feiffer's The Great Comic Book Heroes.

Feiffer (in 1965, so keep that in mind when you reach a certain word) posted:

"I couldn’t stand boy companions. If the theory behind Robin the Boy Wonder, Roy the Superboy, The Sandman's Sandy, The Shield's Rusty, The Human Torch's Toro, The Green Arrow's Speedy was to give young readers a character with whom to identify if failed dismally in my case. The super grownups were the ones I identified with. They were versions of me in the future. There was still time to prepare. But Robin the Boy Wonder was my own age. One need only look at him to see he could fight better, swing from a rope better, play ball better, eat better, and live better—for while I lived in the east Bronx, Robin lived in a mansion, and while I was trying, somehow, to please my mother—and getting it all wrong—Robin was rescuing Batman and getting the gold medals…

"He was obviously an 'A' student, the center of every circle, the one picked for greatness in the crowd—God, how I hated him. You can imagine how pleased I was when, years later, I heard he was a fag… "

Of course, the more pressing issue with this strip is that Sluggo reads those books and says to himself, "I wanna be the sidekick!" Get this boy some therapy.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 25, 2017

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Dream of the Rarebit Fiend Midsummer Day Dreams (click for huge)

And He Did. (September, 1916)

The Gay Thirties (October, 1935, click for big))

I know this strip is heavy on harpy wives, but I like this one for some reason. It may be the look on the husband's face.

They'll Do It Every Time (September, 1940, click for big)

Mopsy (February, 1941)

Archie (February, 1956, click for big)

Tweedy (August, 1956, click for big)

Feiffer (1974, click for big)

Andy Capp (November, 1971, click for big)

Dick Tracy (September, 2001, click for big)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

"I have been vanquished! The prize is yours!"

Rex Morgan MD

Jungle Jim

OK so SomeMathGuy dropped his comics, and I think I'l try picking some of them up for a while, specifically, Mark Trail, Phantom, and Pooch Cafe. I also think I'll stop posting Secret Agent X-9, because I don't care and it seems no one else does so much either. Rex Morgan and 3-G are also on the bubble for me. They just haven't proved to be particularly entertaining lately. Mark Trail may not last long either, but it has sometimes been entertainingly bad so I'm giving it a go.

Anyways, here's a big catch-up post of Pooch Cafe, and I'll do the others in later posts tonight and/or tomorrow so I'm not posting a huge wall of comics

Pooch Cafe

No, they had a tv show on Nickelodeon in the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

EasyEW posted:

Since this thread has been rediscovering Jules Feiffer, this strip feels like a good excuse to revisit Jules Feiffer's The Great Comic Book Heroes.

Of course, the more pressing issue with this strip is that Sluggo reads those books and says to himself, "I wanna be the sidekick!" Get this boy some therapy.

Well, my understanding of the whole sidekick-thing from the golden age of comics is that most of them were created as young white boys just so they were easily relatable to the general reader. Could be wrong on that though.

• Locked thread