Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

them dishonestly opposing singlepayer like this at least makes it obvious they care about being a part of the dem establishment more than they care about access to healthcare for women.

reminds me of that line from American President (apologies for sorkinism) "I was more concerned about keeping my job than doing my job".
gently caress keeping your job, having one job for life sucks anyway. finish your duty well enough that nobody ever has to do it again, and you can try a new job and experience personal growth before you die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

he was, but in a genius move to appeal to romney voters buried it on his website and never talked about it or any other issue

he also "stood up for" PP on his website.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Planned Parenthood reminds me of Susan G. Komen, in that they really don't want what they say they want. But at least PP helps people. Susan G. Komen abandoned any pretense of being a charity years ago.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Lessail posted:

"being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion"

I love (i.e. hate) the: "I'm pro-life, but I don't think anyone should say if a woman gets and abortion or not."

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Democrats: "...and some Hindus won't eat beef because cows are sacred animals to them. Also, the sky is blue, 2+2=4, and so on."

Leftist (waiter): "Pardon, but I asked if you'd like a soup or salad before your lobster risotto."

the leftist waiter is me :sigh:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Shear Modulus posted:

the reason why planned parenthood endorsed hillary is that going against hillary would have gotten you put on the enemies spreadsheet

Hillary is a second rate Nixon. The Suburban Strategy loving sucked.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

here we...here we...here we loving go!

https://twitter.com/SenKamalaHarris/status/878658287809564672

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The Suburban Strategy

lmao

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

"also we're invading pakistan"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

What's the Suburban strategy?

Maybe putting yard signs outside a Applebees?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Subjunctivitis posted:

Democrats: "...and some Hindus won't eat beef because cows are sacred animals to them. Also, the sky is blue, 2+2=4, and so on."

Leftist (waiter): "Pardon, but I asked if you'd like a soup or salad before your lobster risotto."

the leftist waiter is me :sigh:

the guardians galaxy guy was a waiter too, keep your head up :)

i have four more days til i'm free of working at a grocery store =D

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Imagine what little bad dems can accomplish with their CA supermajority?

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007

etalian posted:

Imagine what little bad dems can accomplish with their CA supermajority?

I think they can achieve 0, if they try really hard. But they're the Dems, and someone's gonna gently caress up and do something.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

this guy again

inb4 bad dems end up voting for it anyway

What the gently caress is Ciroc?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Crowsbeak posted:

Fancy vodka that gives you hangovers.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:eyepop:

Holy poo poo

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

$40 vodka lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

$40 vodka lol

if you buy it someone in Warsaw gets even more depressed.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Grognan posted:

Fancy vodka that gives you hangovers.

All loving Vodka gives you hangovers. ALso someone who goes fancy on Vodka is a loving cuck. Vodka is Vodka.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

overpriced vodka morons buy

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

overpriced vodka morons buy

I have a rule of never pay more then thirty dollars for alcohol.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/RoseAnnDeMoro/status/879012378108510208

from that article, apparently rendon sees singlepayer as a 2018 ballot issue

gently caress him and gently caress that. he has the votes for singlepayer now and instead he wants to dangle it in front of voters so he can get more votes. then he'll block it again anyway

i loving hate the democrats so much right now

this whole "strategy" is so bizarre

if legislators give me stuff that's good for me, I will vote for them again. if they continue to do good stuff then they have a loyal voter in me for a long-rear end time, and I imagine I am hardly unique in this respect

I am less likely to vote for legislators who don't give me stuff that's good for me // legislators who only PROMISE that good stuff is coming. obama PROMISED change and improvement and that got us jack poo poo.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

All loving Vodka gives you hangovers. ALso someone who goes fancy on Vodka is a loving cuck. Vodka is Vodka.

Vodka is the vanilla ice cream of spirits. boooo-ringggg

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
ZUCK!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
The Democrats make me proud to not be a Democrat.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/879007699530260480

:bisonyes:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

anime was right posted:

sun-blazing take: support single payer but also making PP a government institution with additional funding

wowzers

in the meantime there is a donation thread that can provide said additional funding and is looking to be matched :toot:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
That's a HA HA YES.

"He can't possibly win" they say. "My vacuum cleaner could beat him" they say.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wow, for once that cowardly, racist hobbit is right.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

A single payer referendum in the midterm would cause high turn out. But aren't the Dems pretty safe in CA?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

A single payer referendum in the midterm would cause high turn out. But aren't the Dems pretty safe in CA?

they want more seats so they can more effectively block single payer

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I cant wait for Zuck to win the dem primary and then lose to Trump.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

I have a rule of never pay more then thirty dollars for alcohol.

Confession: I spend too much money on whiskey

not vodka tho, vodka just reminds me of being 18 and drinking awful screwdrivers made with lovely $8 vodka because I didn't know better and couldn't get better if I did

it has never stopped tasting like literal garbage to me

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

this whole "strategy" is so bizarre

if legislators give me stuff that's good for me, I will vote for them again. if they continue to do good stuff then they have a loyal voter in me for a long-rear end time, and I imagine I am hardly unique in this respect

I am less likely to vote for legislators who don't give me stuff that's good for me // legislators who only PROMISE that good stuff is coming. obama PROMISED change and improvement and that got us jack poo poo.

CA's jungle primary means CA bad dems never having to say they're sorry.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zuck looks and sounds like a Thermian from Galaxy Quest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68PKNjftFeg

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I've been surprisingly pleased with ro khanna post-election. He became a good dem after getting elected with bad-dem rhetoric; usually it's the other way around.

He's been retweeting bernie's statement slamming rendon, and his own tweets are pretty decent.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm not convinced that single payer would pass as a ballot initiative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I too judge people based on their tweets

https://twitter.com/Strange_Animals/status/876148701017681921

I judge these animals adorable

i'm sure there's a political point in there somewhere but I don't care :3:

• Locked thread