Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Ekster posted:

uhh why is an osteopathic physician allowed to prescribe opioids?

DOs nowadays are basically MDs who learn some quacky massage therapy bullshit that they immediately drop unless they're specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehab.

More establish(ed-balls) on the East Coast than West.

MadJackal has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Jun 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

juche avocado posted:

if i like smokey wines, smoked cheeses/meats, and good whisky, will i probably like peated whiskey? googling around and it sounds kickin rad

Well how do you feel about smokey Highland Scotch? The big Islay Scotches people are talking about are extreme versions of that.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I might be (am probably) horribly wrong but I think Zuck could be a strangely effective candidate.

+ By running to the left of the Dems on things like Universal Basic Income w/o being a spooky Marxist.

+ By controlling the most sophisticated propaganda and data-mining machine in world history.

+ His creepy optimism and earnestness might be an appealing relief for people after the brutalization of the Trump era.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I might be (am probably) horribly wrong but I think Zuck could be a strangely effective candidate.

+ By running to the left of the Dems on things like Universal Basic Income w/o being a spooky Marxist.

+ By controlling the most sophisticated propaganda and data-mining machine in world history.

+ His creepy optimism and earnestness might be an appealing relief for people after the brutalization of the Trump era.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

bezos is probably the only other famous person alive today who treats his subordinates worse than putin and trump and :laffo: if he primaries tromp

at this point it would be perfectly legal if he won and kept the washington post

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MysteriousStranger posted:

I don't know what that means. But you all are freaking out over poo poo that is not going happen and thinking that electing people from the party over highly paid social climbers is going to fix things for people. It's highly comedic.

Trump is not Hitler, Democrats won't save the working class. You should still vote. But the solutions to the problems we face are not in electoral politics. How much spare time do you donate outside of work and make post? How much of your income do you donate? How involved in your locality are you? Because that's the fix, screaming that "Trump is Hitler, but these upper class sociopaths from the same zip codes that destroyed the country will save us because social justice" is lunacy.

I vote every election and on every issue. From parks to libraries to public schools. I usually vote to raise my taxes. I'm a member of the VFW, ACLU, and NRA. I donate 20 hours a month to the DC public schools system as part of a vets for troubled kids in problem areas program, kids that don't have a dad.

I just don't buy the bullshit you are sold because I interact with the people you expect to change poo poo on a daily basis. Here's the truth, there are two clubs, 99% of us ain't in one, 80% of us ain't in the other. Go make a difference outside of that, but keep voting. Just realize you're voting for "hung or shot" unless you did something other than voting.

*is Russian hacker posting in FSB funded lan cafe*

*puts out cigarette in matroska doll filled with butts*

*fires up Joe Cowboy 2fa 6%er MAGA account*

"Hello comrade american why you are gettink angry about election is both party same"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh also zuck is directly responsible for letting trump happen by destroying what little curation team existed to keep control of FAKE NEWS right-wing propaganda

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Somebody said that Trump talks like a married middleaged businessman who's hiding the fact that he got fired from his wife a week before he kills himself, and now that's all I can think about.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

triple sulk posted:

oh also zuck is directly responsible for letting trump happen by destroying what little curation team existed to keep control of FAKE NEWS right-wing propaganda

if i was optimistic, the terror machine that spawned trump could definitely destroy him if its full force was used against him

but optimism is dead like jeb

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

i did not enjoy reading this post

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Somebody said that Trump talks like a married middleaged businessman who's hiding the fact that he got fired from his wife a week before he kills himself, and now that's all I can think about.
Like William H. Macy in Fargo.

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

triple sulk posted:

i mean zuck also paid that other billionaire boy who funded trump disinformation campaigns

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i dont like the fucker much at all. but if he actualy takes some lefty posistions and goes through with them and can beat trump, then gently caress it, hope he wins, we are hosed either way.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

My Gimmick Name posted:

if i was optimistic, the terror machine that spawned trump could definitely destroy him if its full force was used against him

but optimism is dead like jeb
the person replacing trump would be an avatar of skynet though

and who knows that will bring :unsmigghh:

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

triple sulk posted:

he's an opportunist with absolutely no emotions who has access to the personal information (personal info, photos, browsing history) of 1/6th of the world's population

i do not have evidence one way or another about whether or not he has emotions or is particularly opportunistic. the privacy rights issue is of questionable importance in the absence of doing something worse than selling to advertisers (which is pretty bad tbh)+ the government has the ability to collect all of that information about me as well anyway.

if zuckerberg ran on a platform that reflects the values he expressed in his recent speech at harvard then i struggle to give much of a poo poo about these sins. its not like he ever literally had slaves working in his home

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
basically, dont give young boys money, especially billions of it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

passionate dongs posted:

i mean zuck also paid that other billionaire boy who funded trump disinformation campaigns

oh yeah that too

gently caress palmer luckey

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/Bodegacats_/status/874082799522902016

Zuck 2024.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i did not enjoy reading this post
Just ask yourself what the most cyberpunk option is and pick that one as you'll probably have about as good of a chance (if not better) at calling it as the fake news media on making predictions.

And that option is Zuck!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

passionate dongs posted:

that guy didn't stay at least

ballmer cuckey

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

lol at ppl actin like they wouldnt vote 4 zuck

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

oh yeah that too

gently caress palmer luckey

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Turdfuzz posted:

i will vote for trump over zuck

i am not joking

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

hes more progressive than hillary thats the real reason u hate him ADMIT IT

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I can't believe how excited I am about the Zuck! campaign!

I've gone FULL CUCK for Mark Zuck!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Seeing a Firetruck Simulator 2000

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Because we dont already have an inept autistic billionaire baby boy president, cuck my zuck!

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I'd cuck for Zuck!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Turdfuzz posted:

hes more progressive than hillary thats the real reason u hate him ADMIT IT

MaxxBot posted:

look at these posts ^

these are good posts

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i would rather suffer four more years of pissbaby senile president than vote for a dude who has access to more personal info than the nsa and doesn't give a single actual gently caress about regular people

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Turdfuzz posted:

do we really though

zuck is probably the True Chaos candidate bringing in a new age where nothing will ever matter worldwide instead of just the united states

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Can't cuck the Zuck.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't really care who's in power if they're able to accomplish good things but I really doubt a technocratic android can do that.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MaxxBot posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i cant even type right im so anti-zuck

gently caress!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Horseshoe theory posted:

Can't cuck the Zuck.

To cuck the Zuck you would need to bed a homely asian chick

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011