Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Cinematographer posted this on Instagram, but it's like as cryptic as you could possibly get.

I've seen several cast/crew/critics say that tonight's episode is some variation of a "big" one, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I hope Coop doesn't die.

They told him to wake up and he didn't.

They told him to squeeze Joe Rogan's hand off and he didn't.

:ohdear:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't know if that's different but they go up exactly at 9PM EST on the stand alone Showtime app.

It's the same for Amazon, they go up 9pm sharp.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

taser rates posted:

It's the same for Amazon, they go up 9pm sharp.

If anyone doesnt have Showtime I'd suggest heading to the 4chan television thread where they might hand out advice on alternatives to help you watch it live

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
I had some thoughts on the electricity and the Garmonbozia

• The black lodge residents use electricity as a tool in their interactions in the real world
  • The black lodge residents feed off suffering and pain
  • The pain inside the body is relayed through electrical signals throughout the nervous system
  • TMAP turned into a nervous system tree man thing

I'm not sure how this fits together

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I had some thoughts on the electricity and the Garmonbozia

• The black lodge residents use electricity as a tool in their interactions in the real world
  • The black lodge residents feed off suffering and pain
  • The pain inside the body is relayed through electrical signals throughout the nervous system
  • TMAP turned into a nervous system tree man thing

I'm not sure how this fits together

Saw this related theory on the subreddit earlier. I'm into it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6hdyo8/s3e6_the_arms_true_form/

quote:

Pretty sure the Arm in Twin Peaks is "one and the same" with the utility pole in FWWM / Season 3.

Why? In FWWM, the camera pans over the utility pole, and we hear the whooping sound the Arm makes. In Season 3, we see the exact same utility pole at the intersection where the kid gets run over . It even has the exact same serial number. When the kid dies, we hear electric noises, and see his soul / garmonbozia rise up past the power lines.

We see this exact same utility pole again, and hear electric noises, in the reflection of Richard's windscreen, even though he's clearly driving in a wooded area with no power lines in sight. This is the same utility pole in THREE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLACES. This can't be some sort of oversight, this is intentional.

The "evolution" of the Arm appears as a literal electrified tree. A utility pole can be thought of as an electric tree. I'm pretty sure that this power pole is the "corporeal" form of either the Arm or his doppelganger, enabling him to watch the real world inconspicuously. We've seen this before - BOB is said to possess owls, as well as Leland. Just like the Arm / MIKE possesses Philip Gerard in the series, he might be using a power pole as an alternative, less conspicuous form.

This explains how we can see the exact same utility pole in 3 places. It's teleporting. Because a utility pole is a piece of background scenery, not too many people would notice if it disappeared or got replaced with a different one - they'd assume the electric company changed it. Also notice how the pole seems to be harvesting the kid / mother's garmonbozia in episode 6 - it's able to position itself for optimum feeding. In FWWM Chet Desmond disappears after looking at the pole - almost like the Arm realizes that Chet will be at this specific place, so teleports the pole to the trailer park, and puts the ring under the trailer as a trap. (explains the "let's rock" written on a car - more proof that the Arm was behind it).

I'm almost certain that the Arm's physical appearance in Season 3 isn't just a change of look - it represents his duality with the power pole.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Cinematographer posted this on Instagram, but it's like as cryptic as you could possibly get.

30 minute backwards brooming scene in the red room, this time with a push broom. gently caress yeah

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

edit: whoops

I am really excited about tonight, and that above post about The Arm is very very accurate and I can't believe I didn't notice the symbolism of the "electric tree" being one oof the many poles that keep up power lines.

I often think about power lines, incidentally, and their ubiquity to the point that we don't even notice that most of us live in landscapes littered with all these big wires and cords connecting everyone and everything via electricity and internet and phones and there is this constant buildup of stuff that's always right in front of us all the time that we purposely ignore.

kaworu fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 26, 2017

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

I swear he looks like a nervous system

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

I don't wanna be a buzzkill y'all, but there's a 2 week break after tonight's episode :(

There's no new episode on 7/2, which coincidentally is my birthday :smithicide:

So enjoy the new one tonight!

call for help

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The sweeping scene is good, I'm not sure why everybody thinks it's just a troll. It's a callback to the cigarette butts littering the floor in the bar in FWWM.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

its gonna start soon pls set ur posts to silent

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

The sweeping scene is good, I'm not sure why everybody thinks it's just a troll. It's a callback to the cigarette butts littering the floor in the bar in FWWM.

I made sure to tune in 15 minutes early just to watch the scene again.

No joke

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IT'S UP :supaburn:

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I swear he looks like a nervous system

a bit; the "brain" bit definitely sells the nervous system image

But, for me at least, it also looks a lot like the sycamores at Glastonbury Grove

Lanz fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 26, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Time for my first live episode. :toot:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

RIP Ray

e: Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that :stare:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

oh poo poo!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

what

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

lol at this guy looking slightly annoyed/confused at all the ghost dumpster men.

Lanz
May 30, 2013
Welp time for Ghost Hobo Rituals

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is that prison hobo burying him?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
hahah what in god's name

Lanz
May 30, 2013
Are they pulling a Ghost Hobo Egg out of him?

EDIT:
WAS THAT BOB'S FACE IN THE GHOST HOBO EGG?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

this is goofy but also amazing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kawalimus posted:

hahah what in god's name
Seriously, this is real strange lol

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This better mean we get Agent Cooper back this episode. :mad:

Lanz
May 30, 2013
So what have we learned folks?

DON'T

SHOOT

DOPPELGÄNGERS

Lanz
May 30, 2013
And now NIN

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
JESUS gently caress NIN?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HOLY gently caress :psyboom:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

what a weird fucken show

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The rest of this is credits while THE Nine Inch Nails plays a 40 min song.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Trent wearing sunglasses inside the roadhouse, oh my god hahahahahahaha

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
this is the best nin track in like 10 years

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Wait, Phillip Jeffries ordered Ray to kill DoppelKoop?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

this is the best nin track in like 10 years
The whole EP owns and we're getting 2 more EPs from them this year :dance:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

wa27 posted:

The rest of this is credits while THE Nine Inch Nails plays a 40 min song.
I don't even like NIN that much but this would be perfect.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I am totally OK with this turning into a David Lynch directed NIN music video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
I think the announcer was the guy who sang the "Sycamore Trees" song.