Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fastened Portal Bart
Dec 16, 2004
Tally ho!
I'll admit I had some nerves due to it being the end of the game and all, but I think the other guy had them worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhWJdFwiq-E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Silly question that can go in a lot of other FPS threads, or even TGR, but here goes.

How the hell do I aim with a scope in this game? I know this has "leading" the enemy and bullet drop, but every other shooter I have played has been "put dot on enemy, fire bullet and it hits". I have never really played a tactical shooter before this, so I don't understand some of the extra precision needed to shoot at a distance. Thanks for answering my dumb dumb question.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Capsaicin posted:

Silly question that can go in a lot of other FPS threads, or even TGR, but here goes.

How the hell do I aim with a scope in this game? I know this has "leading" the enemy and bullet drop, but every other shooter I have played has been "put dot on enemy, fire bullet and it hits". I have never really played a tactical shooter before this, so I don't understand some of the extra precision needed to shoot at a distance. Thanks for answering my dumb dumb question.

Pretty much you'll always aim between the crosshair and the first hash, as the first hash is like 900m. Leading shots is almost entirely trial and error.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
if that guy stood still and you had an 8x on that kar, you only needed to aim very slightly high. that doesn't seem like it's much more than 150-200m away

e: in other words, if you shot and he was actually standing still, you would've hit him in the spine for sure

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You can also change the zero distance to use the center aim point, and holding down the mouse button after firing will keep you looking down the sights to see where you bullet hits.

Does this game have accurate mildots (is the 8x even a mildot scope)? That guy would be about 300 meters if so right?

edit: wait in that scope the width of the hashes is supposed to width of a person shoulders right?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Duckaerobics posted:

You can also change the zero distance to use the center aim point, and holding down the mouse button after firing will keep you looking down the sights to see where you bullet hits.

Does this game have accurate mildots (is the 8x even a mildot scope)? That guy would be about 300 meters if so right?

edit: wait in that scope the width of the hashes is supposed to width of a person shoulders right?

Concering your edit: that's how it's supposed to work afaik, but the bullet drop definitely isn't that severe in pubg

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Parallel Playa posted:

if that guy stood still and you had an 8x on that kar, you only needed to aim very slightly high. that doesn't seem like it's much more than 150-200m away

e: in other words, if you shot and he was actually standing still, you would've hit him in the spine for sure

That was just a picture I found off of GIS. What exactly do the hashes mean? How do you go about telling how far away someone is?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
The lines on the 8x are pretty much pointless (due to render distance limitations). The 4x has actually useable reference points though.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
As Vulgarandstupid said, it mostly comes down to experience. Other than that, your best bet is to make a rough estimation using the grids on the map. If your target is near a landmark you can identify on the map, you can mark it and count the grids from your position to theirs. Each of the smaller grids in 100x100m, the bigger ones are 1x1km.

e: ^^^^ yeah, you definitely shouldn't use the lines on the 8x like you would in other games (such arma 2 dayz etc)

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 26, 2017

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Duckaerobics posted:

You can also change the zero distance to use the center aim point

How? I didn't see anything in the controls that looked like it would do that.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
page up/down

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just had the best game so far. Managed to get a Scar and just hold out for the first 2 circles without needing to move. Finally had to move out and found a little shack to stay in. Killed one guy and he provided me with an x8 scope which then helped me rack up 5 more kills. Got to the final three and screwed up. I couldn't help but move when zoomed in and it kept throwing me for a loop when it zooms you out and in.

Such fun.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I think it only unzooms if you sprint though?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
http://plays.tv/video/59502844361fcf3d68/why-i-suck-at-pubg-

EDIT: Not me dingbats.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 26, 2017

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Captain Beans posted:

I think it only unzooms if you sprint though?

I was prone most of the time.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Digital Jedi posted:

I was prone most of the time.

Were you on a tree or hard surface?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

TheFonz posted:

Were you on a tree or hard surface?

Just on the ground in weeds like any random spot.

I've never managed to get a scope before so it was new to me.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://clips.twitch.tv/EntertainingBadWoodpeckerPRChase

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

I didn't know you could play with a console controller?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

The good thing is you both suck so don't worry too much about it

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The joys of playing in a fresh region with low MMR.

Edit: Not me, a friend of mine. I can't pull these numbers anywhere.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 1, 2017

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Say you hit the ground fast and grab a gun quickly too, can you shoot down players still parachuting?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

Say you hit the ground fast and grab a gun quickly too, can you shoot down players still parachuting?

Yes

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

lmao, the magic that is low mmr games

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Flaggy posted:

No idea how we got it up there. Spidercar!

I see your car and raise you

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

probably like 80% of my kills in this game come from 1-shotting someone indoors with the S1897
shotguns are so good

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

HAHA its almost like you're trying to miss

Flaggy posted:

No idea how we got it up there. Spidercar!

You just drive it up the north side? Its easy..

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The good thing is you both suck so don't worry too much about it

ILikeVoltron posted:

I didn't know you could play with a console controller?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

HAHA its almost like you're trying to miss

If this was me, there is no loving way I would post it lol.

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 26, 2017

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

baby's first solo game :getin:

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Sometimes in a squad game there is something better than getting some dinner.
Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dORApcOj2E

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Got my first ever dinner in squad by playing so poorly that I went around and was good again. We basically just hauled rear end all the way across the map with good but not great gear and we somehow didn't run into any bogies the whole way. By the time it was single digits it was essentially a 4v1v1v1v1, so even as my teammates got kills and went down, we still had the advantage. When it was 2v1 and the guy popped my teammate, I actually ran in the complete wrong direction, then back up to where I was, and just barely got the drop on the guy. The only bullets I fired in the whole game went straight into his heart. I still have a vivid memory of frantically aligning my sights for my one opportunity. It feels fantastic.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Was driving across the east bridge from military island and came under fire. I'm down to about 10% health, so I pull around that gas station to the left of the road. I run inside, heal up and I hear a vehicle. Guy is driving down the road, he sees my motorcycle and starts to turn. He turns a little too wide, sails off the rocks past the gas station and kills himself.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
Was playing with a friend tonight and we chased down two guys into a gas station, we thought they'd been stuck inside and we could ineptly take them out, but when I rounded the back there was a rear exit and I assumed they'd slipped out. We sat inside for a bit and started hearing noises and shots, ended up doing a full lap of the building looking for where it could be and there was no other place than this one room. It did however have a boarded up door that was unopenable. Then I see these two guys crawling and popping their head through the door which I promptly shotgunned.

Is this a known hack/glitch or just a weird ocurrance? I have it recorded from ReLive (no audio) as I'd been recording my play to see how I gently caress up. I have both their names in the video and I'll gladly stick it on youtube or send it to bluehole or what it would take to get em banned. My friend said he called them cheaters in all talk and their response was "Bring it." but I don't have that recorded. Shortly after the zone crept up because we'd wasted too much time puzzling this poo poo out, we tried to get out but there were people outside and those two boiled out after us after we started to try to move away. Very unsatisfying.

Got the pertinent segment into its own little video. Sorry there is no sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llj9pO2vNRo

Mr. Owl fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 26, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mr. Owl posted:

Was playing with a friend tonight and we chased down two guys into a gas station, we thought they'd been stuck inside and we could ineptly take them out, but when I rounded the back there was a rear exit and I assumed they'd slipped out. We sat inside for a bit and started hearing noises and shots, ended up doing a full lap of the building looking for where it could be and there was no other place than this one room. It did however have a boarded up door that was unopenable. Then I see these two guys crawling and popping their head through the door which I promptly shotgunned.

Is this a known hack/glitch or just a weird ocurrance? I have it recorded from ReLive (no audio) as I'd been recording my play to see how I gently caress up. I have both their names in the video and I'll gladly stick it on youtube or send it to bluehole or what it would take to get em banned. My friend said he called them cheaters in all talk and their response was "Bring it." but I don't have that recorded. Shortly after the zone crept up because we'd wasted too much time puzzling this poo poo out, we tried to get out but there were people outside and those two boiled out after us after we started to try to move away. Very unsatisfying.

Everyone is cheating, always. We need video or we have no idea.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Grimmz is a loving god, he just won another game with 10 kills using only a silenced P92. What the actual gently caress.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlainKawaiiTubersPJSalt

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Why did they give this such a generic title? I can't count how many times I've forgotten it

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Everyone is cheating, always. We need video or we have no idea.

Edited the clip into my post, but here it is as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llj9pO2vNRo. After rewatching it again, I did not actually try to crawl through the door myself, will have to try to return there and test that. Even so that would still be an exploit they need to patch up.

Edit: Dropped there real quick to confirm, its just not solid to movement at the bottom, but you can't fire through it.

Mr. Owl fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 26, 2017

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Last night i chased a man into a house and beat him to death with a pan while he tried to load his pistol and later stranded a squad on the starter island by stealing their boat. I love this game. UMP is the best gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

chitoryu12 posted:

No idea what I'm doing but who the gently caress cares

Ohh boy let me tell you the tale of Discord Battlegrounds Goons.

• Locked thread