Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

this whole "strategy" is so bizarre

if legislators give me stuff that's good for me, I will vote for them again. if they continue to do good stuff then they have a loyal voter in me for a long-rear end time, and I imagine I am hardly unique in this respect

I am less likely to vote for legislators who don't give me stuff that's good for me // legislators who only PROMISE that good stuff is coming. obama PROMISED change and improvement and that got us jack poo poo.

the strategy makes sense if you consider a politician's job as a balancing act between secondarily getting voters to vote for them and primarily getting rich people happy to give them lobbying jobs and speaking gigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the fact that ossoff got fewer votes than a guy that did not actually exist will never not be hilarious and i dont care that it was an off year

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm worried that without Ossoff in congress we'll have too many redundant data centers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WOW I can't believe Clinton is actually a monster.

Next thing you'll tell me El Trumpo is POTUS.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

I'm worried that without Ossoff in congress we'll have too many redundant data centers

there's no such thing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
somethin 4 nothin matters krew https://youtu.be/0GknXkeKDDA

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Cut wasteful spending.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Joementum posted:

vote for zuck and we'll only have one colossal data center

at facebook

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Cut all spending.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

no spending, on anything, for anyone

this'll end the debt for sure

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

ThndrShk2k posted:

Yeah but that's what gets you Gunnm style space robot tournaments that get interrupted by a vampire's backflash for months.

that flashback ruled though

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Same guy:

What kind of pathetic life do you need to lead to worship corporations and devices?

ask yospos

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Condiv posted:

https://twitter.com/PPact/status/878806170533810176

disgusting. if these assholes are so worried about premiums they wouldn't be supporting keeping them high in california

if they're so concerned about women having good access to healthcare, they'd be clamoring for the singlepayer bill to be given a chance

I was under the impression that California premiums were staying low? Especially compared to the rest of the country.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Know what is keeping premiums high? Redundant data centers.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ME, stupid, a rube: I think it's a big problem that people can't afford things like food, housing, and medicine.

YOU, wise, well-funded: Actually we have too many data centers.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
but will consolidating our data centers solve racism?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Rand alPaul posted:

Planned Parenthood reminds me of Susan G. Komen, in that they really don't want what they say they want. But at least PP helps people. Susan G. Komen abandoned any pretense of being a charity years ago.

i can't even imagine thinking of susen g komen and planned parenthood being ideologically the same, i guess i've got a while to go before i hit galaxy brain

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Shear Modulus posted:

the fact that ossoff got fewer votes than a guy that did not actually exist will never not be hilarious and i dont care that it was an off year

We must never let bad Dems lives this down

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

We must never let bad Dems lives this down

but the percentages!!!!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

The dude exists but he spent zero dollars on his campaign, which is still funny considering Ossoff spent millions of dollars.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Frijolero posted:

The dude exists but he spent zero dollars on his campaign, which is still funny considering Ossoff spent millions of dollars.

The dccc spent millions too, and then had their worst fundraising month since 2003. lmao rekt

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Frijolero posted:

Ossoff spent millions of dollars.

Cut wasteful spending.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Can you imagine how much money we could save if we implemented universal health Care and forced networks to run political ads at a set rate? My God it would probably be enough for a universal raise or something

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

Cut wasteful spending.

:laffo:

What a garbage candidate

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Frijolero posted:

:laffo:

What a garbage candidate

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

but will consolidating our data centers solve racism?

it will, friend. it will.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Agean90 posted:

The dccc spent millions too, and then had their worst fundraising month since 2003. lmao rekt

That was DNC fundraising, not a surprise it's weak with no incumbent president and midterms coming soon. DCCC's fundraising has been strong.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I want a candidate who promises to cut wasteful spending

while video of f35s show in the corner

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/879182180001476608

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venuz Patrol posted:

i can't even imagine thinking of susen g komen and planned parenthood being ideologically the same, i guess i've got a while to go before i hit galaxy brain

Whomever is in charge of PP's lobbying/political action group is okay with people not getting healthcare and that's really the only excuse I can come up with.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

no that's every pride by default

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Yinlock posted:

no that's every pride by default
Not this pride

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

Not this pride

especially that pride actually, given the undertones of that movie

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
A movie about a ruling class dynasty isn't really working class.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Something something, I don't advocate for political violence blah blah blah whatever. That said , the best thing this silky soft, baby poo poo of a man could do for humanity is feed himself feet first into a wood chipper. This weak, oily moron owns more of the entire Earth than three quarters of a billion people. What in the god drat gently caress.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Iron Twinkie posted:

Something something, I don't advocate for political violence blah blah blah whatever. That said , the best thing this silky soft, baby poo poo of a man could do for humanity is feed himself feet first into a wood chipper. This weak, oily moron owns more of the entire Earth than three quarters of a billion people. What in the god drat gently caress.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Iron Twinkie posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ThndrShk2k posted:

A movie about a ruling class dynasty isn't really working class.

point

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Iron Twinkie posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I can't believe how excited I am about the Zuck! campaign!

• Locked thread