Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I gotta say, atomic bombs giving birth to the Black Lodge or being its gateway to Earth or whatever never even occurred to me. That's such a weird and interesting left turn that I never would've seen coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I wonder if they air Twin Peaks at the Twin Peaks Hooters knockoff.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

MullardEL34 posted:

Bad coop might be full on Bob now.

I got the opposite impression and thought that BOB got out of Mr. C's body during that, uh...whatever that was, and now he's free. And Mr. C is alone.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I missed the ending due to getting my sick mum a drink to take her meds

What happened?

If we told you, you wouldn't believe us?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Apropos of nothing, but I'm watching David Lynch's WMP Visualizer Plugin again and that nuke flyover was really really cool

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheMaestroso posted:

I got the opposite impression and thought that BOB got out of Mr. C's body during that, uh...whatever that was, and now he's free. And Mr. C is alone.
Why would the woodsmen want to revive Doppelcoop without Bob in him, though? Bob needs a human host. That's Doppelcoop's whole purpose, isn't it?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
THIS IS ERASERHEAD NOW BITCH

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
From 4chan:

Heyyyy, remember this?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Cinematographer posted this on Instagram, but it's like as cryptic as you could possibly get.

welp lmfao

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
david lynch is insanely win and im glad this is the end of eva of twin peaks. hell yeah. 40 minutes with no dialogue hell yeah. this is the best lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CJacobs posted:

Apropos of nothing, but I'm watching David Lynch's WMP Visualizer Plugin again and that nuke flyover was really really cool
I am too. So wait, glass box spirit that killed the two kids is the same being that gave birth to Bob AKA the frogroach? Or...

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

I am too. So wait, glass box spirit that killed the two kids is the same being that gave birth to Bob AKA the frogroach? Or...

It looks like the nuke caused the being to vomit a huge stream of garmonbozia, which included BOB.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I'm really upset that this episode didn't advance the plot everybody

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
Now that I've had some time to digest...that convenience store has to be the one that Philip Jeffries mentions is the one where the Black Lodge members meet up right?

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

I'm not convinced that the frogroach is BOB and not Laura. Bob doesn't need to be born into the world, he possesses people. I think the frogroach was Laura and went into Sarah to eventually be born as Laura. I was thinking the boy might be Leland and was to be possessed by BOB there, but BOB came in 1945 with the bomb? Hell, I don't know.

nopants
May 29, 2004
Was the got a light hobo monster Abe Lincoln?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Again from 4chan (I am enjoying watching people freak out ok):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vor65mNB8Uk

Got a light?

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

The lady in the B&W world (the White Lodge??) is "Senorita Dido".

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
In Carnivale the atomic bomb was considered the end of the 'Age of Wonder' and the beginning of the 'Age of Reason'. As a person of pure wonder and anti-reason, it makes sense Lynch would see the Trinity test as the birth of his show's villains

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Section 9 posted:

I'm not convinced that the frogroach is BOB and not Laura. Bob doesn't need to be born into the world, he possesses people. I think the frogroach was Laura and went into Sarah to eventually be born as Laura. I was thinking the boy might be Leland and was to be possessed by BOB there, but BOB came in 1945 with the bomb? Hell, I don't know.

Frogroach came out of one of the eggs that were clearly shown in the bit with the stream of stuff (maybe garmonbozia) with BOB, so I'm inclined to think it's from that and not the Laura Dragonball. Also, the timeline doesn't match up and they're in New Mexico.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Section 9 posted:

So the frogroach was put on Earth by the White Lodge who created Laura to get killed by Bob and the White Lodge also instructed the woodsman to kill all those people and read the spell over the radio so Sarah would hear it and fall asleep so the frogroach could implant Laura inside her?

This loving show man

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
Why do people think the girl is Sarah Palmer?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

drat, that was loving bad rear end

Twin Peaks revival 2017: Got a light?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

About time everything got cleared up

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

n4 posted:

That's just me, not "people".

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

n4 posted:

Because it makes sense and that's why I'm hesitant to think it's her.:v:

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

So the frogroach was put on Earth by the White Lodge who created Laura to get killed by Bob and the White Lodge also instructed the woodsman to kill all those people and read the spell over the radio so Sarah would hear it and fall asleep so the frogroach could implant Laura inside her?

This loving show man

I'll admit that I'm sort of flailing around on theories here because that was a hell of an episode. I don't know that the woodsman was doing what he did to facilitate the frogroach.

I'm diving back into this episode. I clearly didn't understand enough.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Man-In-Madden posted:

Now that I've had some time to digest...that convenience store has to be the one that Philip Jeffries mentions is the one where the Black Lodge members meet up right?

Also the one Phillip Gerard talks about when off his meds at the Sheriff's office.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Kino

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

They were specific about the date of the FrogRoach hatching - August 5, 1956. Did a quick search but doesn't seem to be much of significance happening on that day.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Mr. Jackpots
Dougie Jones
Case Files

Got a light

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Man-In-Madden posted:

MullardEL34 posted:

Also the one Phillip Gerard talks about when off his meds at the Sheriff's office.

I feel like that has to be the case with the very clear "CONVENIENCE STORE" sign. Or at least, they based their abode on that. I mean, it doesn't have a second floor.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

So if you google the woodsmans poem you get a few hits from tonight and some weird "commercialsihate" forum where the poem is at the bottom of the site in google cache as of yesterday and the day before and that's literally it.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Section 9 posted:

Maybe the a-bomb allowed black lodge spirits to enter our world?

read the book!! Lewis of Lewis and Clarke put the jade ring on and was murdered by Lodge spirits so they've been around since the colonial era.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

n4 posted:

The last thing we saw before the 1956 scene was Laura Palmer in a pokeball. Then something fell to earth and something crawled out of it and implanted itself into some girl. Our options for who this girl is:

1) The show has now introduced characters we're going to be spending time with going forward, in another timeline. So we'll have storylines in the present and in 1956. Seems really late in the show to introduce an entire storyline. Seems unlikely to be this.

2) It was a one-off scene that has no real point other than to be creepy. I mean, it's possible but everything in the show so far, even if it's weird and trippy or w/e, has directly related either to the current storylines or to characters from the original run of Twin Peaks. Just a random scene with no meaning or relevance seems unlikely. e: I guess the musical numbers aren't relevant at all but those have a very different feel than an actual scripted scene and also have been established as a "thing" throughout the entire show, whereas meaningless scenes have not.

3) At least one character in the 1956 scene is someone we know / relevant to the main storyline. The girl is obviously the main character in this vignette so it's most likely to be her. As mentioned, the immediately preceding scene is of Laura Palmer in a pokeball. If the girl is Sarah Palmer (don't know her maiden name), it would explain most everything in the scene, Woodcutter aside.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Iverron posted:

So if you google the woodsmans poem you get a few hits from tonight and some weird "commercialsihate" forum where the poem is at the bottom of the site in google cache as of yesterday and the day before and that's literally it.

Lmao

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Dougie has to collect all 7 dragonballs to become Coop again

We have seen 2, 5 more remain

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Under the vegetable posted:

read the book!! Lewis of Lewis and Clarke put the jade ring on and was murdered by Lodge spirits so they've been around since the colonial era.

I did read the book Was this in the book? I don't remember it, but there is a lot of stuff to try to keep in mind.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
That was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Where I come from, there's always music in the air :aaaaa: