Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Baku was basically everything I loved about 1980s US street circuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Baku was basically 35 mins in 'I think I should go to bed soon this is boring'

20 mins later :vince:

Stayed up for the whole affair and ended up seeing the whole thing, good times.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That was one of the most entertaining F1 races I've seen. Granted, I've only been watching for 3 or 4 years but that was so good. Well done.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

1500quidporsche posted:

lmbo that Stroll got driver of the day and not Bottas who came from last to second and was legitimately impressive even for a Bottas-skeptic like me

I love that the standards are so low for Stroll that he won Driver of the Day just by not crashing. I don't think he actually passed anyone either. Everyone that was in front of him had something happen to them. Both Ricciardo and Bottas were basically last at one point and drove their way back up (yes I know Bottas' car is really good).

edit:

edit2: is f1 2016 any fun? its on sale right now for $18

keevo fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 26, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
In all the madness it looked to us like if you were in a certain place when it all kicked off then you were in with a shot. Bottas was always capable of going through the field if he avoided any silly stuff but the other two places were well and truly up for grabs.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

keevo posted:

I love that the standards are so low for Stroll that he won Driver of the Day just by not crashing. I don't think he actually passed anyone either. Everyone that was in front of him had something happen to them.

He got past Massa after the red flag restart. Then again, Massa had a problem and plummeted like a rock shortly after.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

So whenever I'm watching a race late, I'll check the number of unread posts in the thread.... usually around 400-500+ means something good happened, enough to send you lot into a posting rage. Usually around 100-150 means the race was terrible.

So I thought I'd check late last night when I sat down to watch glorious baku. 1300+ unread posts. drat that was some crazy poo poo.

:hellyea:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

keevo posted:

It's decent.
For a Codeys F1 game it's probably the pick of the litter right now.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Reading the comments section under Vettel/Hamilton articles on motorsport.com this morning is making my face melt like Raiders of the Lost Ark. I thought I didn't like Hamilton but those fuckos are rabid.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Sorry we lost Wirth1000, the Worst Thread Poster.

Speaking of go karting, I want to make an :effort: post of my niece's go karting event from last week, I might make it my project for tomorrow.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

enri posted:

So whenever I'm watching a race late, I'll check the number of unread posts in the thread.... usually around 400-500+ means something good happened, enough to send you lot into a posting rage. Usually around 100-150 means the race was terrible.

So I thought I'd check late last night when I sat down to watch glorious baku. 1300+ unread posts. drat that was some crazy poo poo.

:hellyea:

Did you read the posts?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Recorded the race as it was too late to watch live. Avoided spoilers all day, got home & pressed play on the recording and it's only stored up to the first safety car. Sigh.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130361

quote:

I'm a racer like these guys [Alonso and Vandoorne], so this is the most painful weekend I've ever had, I think," said Boullier.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Races to the canteen at noon each day

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Theophany posted:

Reading the comments section under Vettel/Hamilton articles on motorsport.com this morning is making my face melt like Raiders of the Lost Ark. I thought I didn't like Hamilton but those fuckos are rabid.
Both the Vettel and Hamilton camps are petulant children right now.

I feel that what Vettel did was loving stupid and dumb, but he was penalised so I'll just leave it there. But nooo, folks gonna drag this out until Austria and then Sky will continue to beat the dead horse.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Seb's a bad bad boy

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And Seb still is going to win the title.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

keevo posted:

It's good, but last year's regs which feels a little weird now.
If you don't mind that go ahead.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

Depends on car development throughout the season and strategy. Lewis seems to have remembered how to drive this season and I trust Merc to gently caress up strategy less than Ferrari, so unless Ferrari makes a significantly better car than the Merc I think Hamilton will get it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Carth Dookie posted:

Depends on car development throughout the season and strategy. Lewis seems to have remembered how to drive this season and I trust Merc to gently caress up strategy less than Ferrari, so unless Ferrari makes a significantly better car than the Merc I think Hamilton will get it.

You might be right, Seb needs to improve his starts but in recovery mode he has been great so far.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Merc has the better car now, although not by a lot

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I haven't watched the race or any motorsport ever but here are my views.

Riccardo is a cheat, a oval office and a bogan that needs to go to hygiene classes. I hope he dies.

Hamilton is a cheat and a dirty driver trying to emulate senna by brake checking our Vettel and then accusing Vettel of ramming him. Very bad

Bottas is a cheat and a dirty driver for constantly trying to kill our Kimi because he realizes somehow he is more uninteresting than Kimi

The FIA are bad because they are biased against honest Italian teams like Scuderia Ferrari and favoring cheating british based teams like Mercedes.

On the positive side

Vettel is still the best even with the biased FIA handing him unfair penalties and he still managed to beat the big cheater Hamilton who can't even put his head restraint back on properly. Can't wait for Vettel to win the wdc this year #forzaferrari #thescudisgood #fingerboyftw

Phwoar Lance Stroll, I knew he could do it all the people here are haters what a great drive, who says you need money to be good in F1. Proper talent, can't wait to see him on the podium again.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

track day bro! posted:

uninteresting Kimi

what the gently caress is this poo poo?!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Kimi is a good scud lad, but he's old and he swears a lot. I'd hardly call that interesting.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My favorite "CART drivers are old" thing is that Nigel Mansell signed a 5-year extension with Newman-Hass in 1994. The idea of a decripit, unmotivated Nige racing against Juan Montoya in 1999 is hilarious.

Ahahaha.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Riccardo is a cheat, a oval office and a bogan that needs to go to hygiene classes. I hope he dies.

Hamilton is a cheat and a dirty driver trying to emulate senna by brake checking our Vettel and then accusing Vettel of ramming him. Very bad

Bottas is a cheat and a dirty driver for constantly trying to kill our Kimi because he realizes somehow he is more uninteresting than Kimi

The FIA are bad because they are biased against honest Italian teams like Scuderia Ferrari and favoring cheating british based teams like Mercedes.

On the positive side

Vettel is still the best even with the biased FIA handing him unfair penalties and he still managed to beat the big cheater Hamilton who can't even put his head restraint back on properly. Can't wait for Vettel to win the wdc this year #forzaferrari #thescudisgood #fingerboyftw

Phwoar Lance Stroll, I knew he could do it all the people here are haters what a great drive, who says you need money to be good in F1. Proper talent, can't wait to see him on the podium again.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

On the positive side

:discourse:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

DoctorGonzo posted:

He obviously will since he will eventually suceed at killing Lewis given enough tries, and why stop trying when it carries no relevant penalty?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poty posted:

He obviously will since he will eventually suceed at killing Lewis given enough tries, and why stop trying when it carries no relevant penalty?

The Senna Method tm.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

I hope he kills the bogan also that cannot be made fun of in this thread because all these aussies in this thread are epic qq babies who can't accept their best driver is poo poo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Force India meltdown is pretty sad, lance loving stroll on the podium for fucks sake

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Ricciardo has fun which is 500 times better than his driving.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I wonder where Alonso would have finished if they went ahead and put his upgrades in instead of waiting for (presumably) Austria.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

The racing wasn't anything to write home about but how quickly I forget how great those V10's sounded.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Chris Chujkal posted:

"He went through the corner and went out of the throttle"

Which is equal to braking, especially in an F1 car. You can brake test someone with the engine brake too and thats what he did. The problem was where he did it. He knew Vet had nowhere to go in the middle of the corner and knew that he tries to stay close to be in the slipstream at the restart. With all his acting, I am convinced Levis know exactly what he did, when and why and once again just want to be seen as the jewish victim. I want to make clear again that I neither like Vet or Ham. I just see this neutral with my racing experience. It was on purpose and he should have been penalized. But here is the good thing. Sooner or later he will be behind Vettel at the restart and that tight corner will come. Hopefully Ham is close behind him too.

Source.

Is it weird I get off on reading these utterly dreadful motorsport.com comments?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It can't be too different than me reading JJoc*s comments.

track day bro! posted:

On the positive side

Ya, same.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Source.

Is it weird I get off on reading these utterly dreadful motorsport.com comments?

Someone get this guy an account haha.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Did you read the posts?

If you don't read all the posts you're not committed to The Worst Thread :colbert:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Theophany posted:

Source.

Did he just refer to Lewis as Levis and call him a "Jewish victim"? That's epic, we're all amateurs here in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

On the positive side

11/10, well written :golfclap:

• Locked thread