Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Jedah posted:

Episode 24 was... good???

No it wasn't. It had a few good scenes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Ccs posted:

No it wasn't. It had a few good scenes though.

It had some good character development scenes between Sonia and Schierke, don't you think? Plus, those ghosts looked kinda creepy, too.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Berserk: Golem Dickpuncher

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I love Olmec Mozgus.

Or Tlazolteotl Mozgus

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I love Olmec Mozgus.

Or Tlazolteotl Mozgus

Thwomp Mozgus.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
One of the things that worries me about 350/351. Most of the creatures seem to have no equivalent in the Golden Age reality, which suggests that the author has run out of ideas. :confuoot: I mean, the walking Johnsons I can see as representative, and maybe the trees and bodies are the forests she inhabits and Hawks that die after Guts leaves, but the hairballs, spewing slugs, anything on p13? I must say the second to last page is nice and dark.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
They're all dicks I don't know what you're talking about.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's dicks all the way up, boys!

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Dicks and dick accessories, toe to tip.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

One of the things that worries me about 350/351. Most of the creatures seem to have no equivalent in the Golden Age reality, which suggests that the author has run out of ideas. :confuoot: I mean, the walking Johnsons I can see as representative, and maybe the trees and bodies are the forests she inhabits and Hawks that die after Guts leaves, but the hairballs, spewing slugs, anything on p13? I must say the second to last page is nice and dark.

The spewing slugs are also dicks. They are ejaculating dicks.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Guys I'm worried the author is running out of ideas because these monsters are completely new

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Guys I'm worried the author is running out of ideas because this isn't how I thought events would unfold at all

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Dicksdicksdicksdicks

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I </3 Berserk: dicksdicksdicksdicksdicks

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Swift is heaven's justice and I shall eat thine dicks! NNNGH!

Tiny Casca jumping into Farnese's collar was far too adorable, outshone by GOD PRESS!

It's concerning that they have reached the eclipse and are out of fetishes, not a good omen considering Guts was practically defenseless when it started. Could it be up to Farnese to continue her tradition of protecting Casca, in the physical realm and also the dream?

Also after reading that chapter I like to think that 20 something years ago when Miura was planning this story out, he jokingly promised himself to have a chapter feature the visage of a crazed devout religious figure eating a bunch of pecker monsters, and he finally got his dream realised.

This hiatus is to revel in that achievement. Shine on Miura you magnificent bastard.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 26, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rape victims, generally speaking, have issues about sexuality and what it encompasses, hope this helps.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

You know, when I read this chapter me and a friend spent like ten minutes laughing our asses off that it was easily one of the least subtle things we'd read in ages. Oh the jokes we cracked.

Never, ever, would I have thought even for a second that the giant menacing dicks would have been too subtle.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Raxivace posted:

So I'm finally getting around to reading Berserk since its been on my bucket list of stuff to get to for like forever now.

Are there any decent podcasts or anything like that to listen to on the side?

Sorry I'm a few pages late, but the only podcast I've seen is from a Dark Souls one where they do a couple episodes on Berserk:
http://www.bonfireside.chat/27
http://www.bonfireside.chat/28
http://www.bonfireside.chat/29

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jedah posted:

Episode 24 was... good???

It was legitimately the only episode of either season that I had good feelings about from beginning to end. I had the same bewildered reaction when I got to the end and realized I made it through an ep without cringing once.

Stand by my statement that Shierke is the redeeming factor of Berserk 2017.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Tezcatlipoca posted:

They're all dicks I don't know what you're talking about.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Dicks and dick accessories, toe to tip.

EthanSteele posted:

The spewing slugs are also dicks. They are ejaculating dicks.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Dicksdicksdicksdicks

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I </3 Berserk: dicksdicksdicksdicksdicks
What are you jabronis on about? They're obviously biceps.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Since we're on hiatus again we should change the thread title

I </3 Dicks: spewing hiatus all over our Berserk

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Deified Data posted:

It was legitimately the only episode of either season that I had good feelings about from beginning to end. I had the same bewildered reaction when I got to the end and realized I made it through an ep without cringing once.

Stand by my statement that Shierke is the redeeming factor of Berserk 2017.

:agreed:

Sonia hanging out with Schierke and the seagulls was cute and good.

Edit:

PUCK SPARK!

:fyadride:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 27, 2017

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
One of my favorite things about Berserk is how it so seamlessly switches from beautifully rendered anime-realism to the rounded, cute, and silly cartoon look. I haven't watched the new anime, but that screengrab with the seagulls and Shierke there perfectly captured it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hold onto that feeling and never actually watch the show in motion.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

This latest episode seemed to cut out a lot more than usual, but even so they skipped the intro and had content over the outro so I guess it's understandable. Still so much I would've loved to see: Guts talking about the mercenary recruiter, Serpico listing the armies of the Holy See, Isidro flipping out over the Hundred Man Slayer, uuuh MUSTACHIO KNIGHT?!

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Who do I have to sacrifice to the God Hand to get the entire series animated like the last five minutes of this one?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

A pile of money.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

:3:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Still not gonna watch it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

why is her hair blue

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

bman in 2288 posted:

Still not gonna watch it.

It's still overwhelmingly terrible as a whole, but at least the last episode had some sweet moments.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

U-DO Burger posted:

why is her hair blue

She's always had like green to blue-ish hair.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
looks green to me

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Looked black and white to me. :buddy:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It's pretty jarring, especially when every other human character has a natural hair color iirc

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

U-DO Burger posted:

It's pretty jarring, especially when every other human character has a natural hair color iirc

I guess griffith's pure white hair is kind of natural. Definitely more common in anime though.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

she's a wizard tho

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
maybe she colors it?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I'm pretty sure that every time it has had a colour her hair has been green, I guess because she's a forest witch or whatever. I'd always thought of her as having dark red hair (not ginger like Isidro), but I'm colourblind so I didn't even know it was meant to be green until someone told me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

lol

Newest chapter was superb and the overt dick monsters were both representative of the godhand and of giant dicks.