Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBX posted:

Vegeta is an orphaned child raised under rule of the devil.

Frieza is the devil. There's a difference.

Piccolo was also the devil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Piccolo was also the devil.

No, his dad was the Devil.

Piccolo Jr. was the orphaned child of the devil, whose other dad was a giant rear end in a top hat to him.

Piccolo Jr. was never as nasty and evil as the original, possibly because he was a new entity, actually born, unlike the original Demon King Piccolo who is some one's pure evil and malice personified.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Burkion posted:

No, his dad was the Devil.

Piccolo Jr. was the orphaned child of the devil, whose other dad was a giant rear end in a top hat to him.

Piccolo Jr. was never as nasty and evil as the original, possibly because he was a new entity, actually born, unlike the original Demon King Piccolo who is some one's pure evil and malice personified.

Piccolo Jr. was able to get his revenge fairly quick, and then adopting a kid helped take him the rest of the way to chill dude.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kuroyama posted:

Piccolo Jr. was able to get his revenge fairly quick, and then adopting a kid helped take him the rest of the way to chill dude.

He didn't get over his revenge, he fulfilled it.

Unlike Vegeta or Freeza, Piccolo did succeed in killing Goku. That was the first step towards redemption.

What I'm saying is that Cell could've totally become good after he killed Goku, if Gohan hadn't decided to end that possibility right then and there, and that we could redeem many more villains if we just let them kill Goku.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Cell didn't give a gently caress about killing Goku, he wanted a good fight and Cell knew that his only hope was to fight the protagonist.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So its mentioned the tournament only goes for 48 minutes. Now db being db I imagine thats 48 minutes on namek time or some poo poo and this will run a long time yet. There was 19 episodes of buildup for this so I want to savour it.

That said, did they mention any consequences for a timeout? Like the set time limit elapses and there is at least participants from two teams left? I can't recall that offhand.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I believe it's the team with the most dudes left is declared winner

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wouldn't at all be surprised if all the dudes remaining at time up get put into a more traditional tournament setting afterwards.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

So, Future Trunks is coming to Dragon Ball FighterZ. No info about purple or blue hair yet.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-future-trunks-to-its-roster/

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if all the dudes remaining at time up get put into a more traditional tournament setting afterwards.

I was thinking this, too. It's going to be really hard for them to put real time and effort into individual fights in such a huge battle, so I'd expect a bunch of episodes of people beating each other up and then time's up and Zeno wants to see more fightmans so the survivors do a All Worlds Tournament to determine the ultimate winner.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Negrostrike posted:

So, Future Trunks is coming to Dragon Ball FighterZ. No info about purple or blue hair yet.

http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-future-trunks-to-its-roster/

He''ll have his old hair, the game seems to be going for DBZ more than Super and everyone remembers grey hair Trunks. Plus he has his old outfit.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It would probably be pretty simple for them to give him the new Super look as an alt costume, though they might hold it back as a DLC thing or something

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

TrilliontonNixon posted:

gently caress the tournament. We need 100 episodes of this ASAP.

You're gross.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RBX posted:

He''ll have his old hair, the game seems to be going for DBZ more than Super and everyone remembers grey hair Trunks. Plus he has his old outfit.

Golden Frieza makes me hope they put in his Spirit Sword as a super or an Insta kill if they plan on implementing it somehow.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

It would probably be pretty simple for them to give him the new Super look as an alt costume, though they might hold it back as a DLC thing or something

Plus it a fighting game, they probably alt colors and I bet blue hair is one of them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

sharktamer posted:

You're gross.

Uhh what

No seriously what's with that reaction?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
ArcSys traditionally haven't done alt costumes for the GGXrd series outside of one storyline exception.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Alt colors are confirmed, goku has a weird greenish gi in one of the gameplay videos, but yeah ArcSys is making this so I don't think we'll see alt costumes. I think they've done one, ever, and that alt was also in a previous game so most of the work was done already.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I expect cosmetic DLC because this game is being published by Bamco.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

TFRazorsaw posted:

The way ArcSys gets that distinctive look is that they build 3D models of the characters, and then animate it traditionally. Which means they do each frame by hand, tweaking and altering it to look just right. The reason they work in 3D rather than just doing 2D? So they can have sweet dramatic camera swoops during intros and special moves and the like.

So doing an alternate costume means redoing everything, and that's why ArcSys games don't usually have much in the way of alternate costumes. It's just too complex and time-consuming a process to do it a half dozen times over for each character.

Which means it doesn't particularly matter who's publishing it, because as long as ArcSys is making it, that's how it's gonna be.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Pre-order at gamestop to get exclusive shirtless Goku costume!

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

RBX posted:

Vegeta is an orphaned child raised under rule of the devil.

Frieza is the devil. There's a difference.

Beerus has killed countless more people than Frieza, doesn't give a poo poo or feel any remorse, and he did it for benign reasons. The Z fighters have zero problems with this and he's treated as a casual friend, even AFTER threatening to destroy Earth and ruining Bulma's party.

I guess as long as it's not personal you can kill as many people as you want and no one cares?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pre-order at Best Buy and you'll get to play as Gohan dressed as Boruto!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yeah let's be forward here, if they can make friends with a stupid, lazy, worthless, feckless piece of poo poo cat like Beerus, after the tremendous genocide he's inflicted out of sheer indifference (leading to the erasure of their hellhole universe), then they can take Freiza to the goddamn chapel

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Pre-order at Best Buy and you'll get to play as Gohan dressed as Boruto!

I thought you said burrito and got unreasonably excited

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

Alt colors are confirmed, goku has a weird greenish gi in one of the gameplay videos, but yeah ArcSys is making this so I don't think we'll see alt costumes. I think they've done one, ever, and that alt was also in a previous game so most of the work was done already.

That is just the color for choosing the same character to tell them apart.

Black August posted:

Yeah let's be forward here, if they can make friends with a stupid, lazy, worthless, feckless piece of poo poo cat like Beerus, after the tremendous genocide he's inflicted out of sheer indifference (leading to the erasure of their hellhole universe), then they can take Freiza to the goddamn chapel

Beerus is a literal God who's job it is to destroy, came to them for a fight, and helps them get stronger.

Frieza is a NINGEN that wants to kill everybody.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The last episode was literally called "The Wickedest! The Most Evil!" I don't think the guy who has been the OG DBZ villain for decades will suddenly become a good guy.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

TheHan posted:

The last episode was literally called "The Wickedest! The Most Evil!" I don't think the guy who has been the OG DBZ villain for decades will suddenly become a good guy.

Pilaf was the OG DB villain now he's literally babysitting for Bulma.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

RBX posted:

Beerus is a literal God who's job it is to destroy, came to them for a fight, and helps them get stronger.

Yes and notice he's done his job so terribly and with such indifferent evil to slaughtering planets for food that U7 is second to last

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

graham cracker posted:

Pilaf was the OG DB villain now he's literally babysitting for Bulma.

But Pilaf was never not treated as a joke.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Black August posted:

Black August posted:

Yes and notice he's done his job so terribly and with such indifferent evil to slaughtering planets for food that U7 is second to last

Haha you really really like doing this.

Isn't Beerus kinda a force of nature who is pretty much necessary and is literally employed by the universe?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The system of the gods is unjust, Zen-O's sanction doesn't let Beerus off the hook

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

sharktamer posted:

Isn't Beerus kinda a force of nature who is pretty much necessary and is literally employed by the universe?

yeah I'm a writer so sometimes I like to use emphasis on words instead of CAPS or *this* or whatever

Beerus is a fuckup and the only difference between him and Freiza is one likes food, the other likes being the punch bag masochist of Saiyans

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

sharktamer posted:

I don't know what your problem is with italics? That's the point of them. You use them for emphasis.

Anyway, Beerus is totally a complete gently caress-up. Gods of Destruction are supposed to weed out to "bad" planets to increase the universe's average mortal level or whatever. Beerus just blows up the places where he doesn't like the food, and then sleeps for 30 years.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like appealing to authority when you judge someone's horrendous acts to not be evil doesn't really work when the authority is a fickle child who erases universes on a whim

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Beerus is just a self-serving creature who, until very recently, hasn't had to deal with the consequences of his actions. He's not evil, just completely undisciplined. Whis sure as heck isn't cracking down on him, and uses the time-rewind on anything Beerus might actually have to take responsibility for.

A thought experiment. Baby Goku's space pod is intercepted by Whis, who raises Goku to be the new God of Destruction. How different do you suppose he'd be, compared to Beerus?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Luckily this is Dragon Ball, otherwise the the fact that the lord of all creation is basically a preschooler would have all sorts of terrifying implications.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Beerus is just one of many in a long list of evil people who are friends with Goku.

The problem with Freeza isn't that he's a space dictator or anything, it's just that he personally hates Goku with every fibre of his being.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hjalmar posted:

Beerus is just a self-serving creature who, until very recently, hasn't had to deal with the consequences of his actions. He's not evil, just completely undisciplined. Whis sure as heck isn't cracking down on him, and uses the time-rewind on anything Beerus might actually have to take responsibility for.

I don't really see how that precludes him from being evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Cats aren't evil.

• Locked thread