Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Araki posted:

Uggghhh, so I spent the last two weeks translating Arawi Keiichi's CITY, 'cause it seems like zoglin has dropped of the face off the earth, and the manga's way too good to go untranslated.

So finally I'm almost done with chapter 2, and I go to bookmark the comic's page on batoto so I can upload it tomorrow, and it turns out someone else uploaded the exact same chapter less than 24 hours ago. Nine months since the last update, and I get beaten to the punch by one day.

The worst thing is that the other group's version is way better than mine. I don't know where they got their scans, but they're much better than the e-book I got off Amazon, and they clearly put a lot of effort into redrawing and typesetting.

So uh, suggest another project, I guess? Or I could go back to Dansan Joshi.

Renjou Desperado is still untouched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Araki posted:

The worst thing is that the other group's version is way better than mine. I don't know where they got their scans, but they're much better than the e-book I got off Amazon, and they clearly put a lot of effort into redrawing and typesetting.

If there's one thing I've learned from buying manga on iTunes, it's that legal digital scans are likely to not be very good, and you or someone else needs to get it off paper where practical.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Polsy posted:

If there's one thing I've learned from buying manga on iTunes, it's that legal digital scans are likely to not be very good, and you or someone else needs to get it off paper where practical.

The CITY scans I was using would've been fine if not for the fact that they were encoded as JPGs instead of PNGs, so they were full of artifacts.

cave emperor fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 26, 2017

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Araki posted:

Uggghhh, so I spent the last two weeks translating Arawi Keiichi's CITY, 'cause it seems like zoglin has dropped of the face off the earth, and the manga's way too good to go untranslated.

So finally I'm almost done with chapter 2, and I go to bookmark the comic's page on batoto so I can upload it tomorrow, and it turns out someone else uploaded the exact same chapter less than 24 hours ago. Nine months since the last update, and I get beaten to the punch by one day.

Hey, at least it was good practice!

Also my vote goes to

Sharkopath posted:

Renjou Desperado

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Araki posted:

The CITY scans I was using would've been fine if not for the fact that they were encoded as JPGs instead of PNGs, so they were full of artifacts. The scans the other group is using are much crisper and have a higher resolution, and they look too good to be paper scans. It's probably a different e-book version, one without lossy compression.

Ah, ok. Yeah, I haven't really seen artifacts, just not high enough resolution for non-trivial kanji below a certain font size.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Araki posted:

All the mecha manga. Literally all of them. Or sharky's thing i guess.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh oh, one of the Daisuke Igarashi works that haven't been translated yet like Sekai no Sugata o Kanjiru Mamani, Ten to Ji no Houteishiki or Kyou no Ani Imouto

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I have a whole stack of raws to choose from. Kouya no Shounen Isamu, Game Center Arashi, Battle Wolf Janki, pick your poison

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I have a whole stack of raws to choose from. Kouya no Shounen Isamu, Game Center Arashi, Battle Wolf Janki, pick your poison

Isamu!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anipages once did a write-up on Isamu and ever since I've been mad that only like, one ep was ever subbed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh I have the anime encyclopedia so I can just drop this

quote:

Isamu Wataru is the child of a Japanese man and a Native American woman, a skilled gunfighter from an early age because of the dangers of life in the Wild West. After his mother’s death, he is taken in by the folks of Rotten Camp, and raised by the Wingate family as one of their own. The Wingates teach him superb sharp-shooting skills, but as Isamu gets older, he comes to realize that they are outlaws, and that they are encouraging him to put his powers to evil use— compare to similar loyalty issues that trouble KIKAIDER . Based on the manga Boy King (Shonen Oja) by Soji Yamakawa and Noboru Kawasaki, serialized in Shonen Jump weekly, this series drifted away from its inspiration in the second half, preferring to concentrate instead on Isamu’s search for his missing father. Director Takahata had a young colleague named Hayao Miyazaki on his animation team, which is the main reason English-speaking fans remember this children’s adventure story about a boy making his way in the lawless West. The show’s title seems designed to encourage associations with American cowboy programs already seen on Japanese television. Hondo (1967) was broadcast in Japan as Koya no Apache or “Wilderness Apache,” while Branded (1965), was shown in Japanese as Koya no Nagaremono, or “Wilderness Wanderer”— Isamu’s surname actually means “drifter.”

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Araki posted:

It's a drat shame that no one has been translating Yukibana no Tora even though I think there are raws for the first 4 volumes. It's historical seinen by Akiko Higashimura (Kuragehime, Kakukaku Shikajika) and the art looks great but I have no idea what the plot is.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://u.nya.is/qgsngw.webm

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Help I need him

https://twitter.com/VerSerif/status/879180176306954240

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

that face :O

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

official art

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Droyer posted:

Squark is very powerful.

Official ADTRW historian

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Is that one gif part of the dump?

also I am contractually obligated to mention I love zounose

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Erg posted:

Official ADTRW historian

Smoking crow

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Golden Battler posted:

Is that one gif part of the dump?

also I am contractually obligated to mention I love zounose

The webm? Yes, Shinmyoumaru is the first one in it so her name is the first one in the file name so it's in her section

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/Raichu_Zed/status/879042971894775809

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
cute

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Sharkopath posted:

Renjou Desperado is still untouched.

Knorth posted:

Oh oh, one of the Daisuke Igarashi works that haven't been translated yet like Sekai no Sugata o Kanjiru Mamani, Ten to Ji no Houteishiki or Kyou no Ani Imouto

GorfZaplen posted:

Mentat Radnor posted:

It's a drat shame that no one has been translating Yukibana no Tora even though I think there are raws for the first 4 volumes. It's historical seinen by Akiko Higashimura (Kuragehime, Kakukaku Shikajika) and the art looks great but I have no idea what the plot is.

I'm going to check out all of these, thanks.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Araki posted:

I'm going to check out all of these, thanks.

Add me on steam if you have it, I have the same name name as here, and I can give you all the ones I named. Isamu and Arashi are pretty easy to find but Janki (which is really a collection of one shots by Ken Ishikawa) is pretty hard to come by

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

rip that interviewer

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Megumi Han knows what's up. :3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The expanding brain meme, but it goes from wanting to kiss the girls/boys to wanting the girls to kiss the other girls/boys to kiss the other boys.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Don't doxx me

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

The expanding brain meme, but it goes from wanting to kiss the girls/boys to wanting the girls to kiss the other girls/boys to kiss the other boys.

how does this work for me, a gay?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

The HATS ON keeps it classy.

its a good video

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

Wisdom from the clothes manga.

Also looks like the guy might get himself a girlfriend. The writing may be a bit stiff, but I'm still enjoying it.

That's a guy? I'm in

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

who's the artist

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

That's a guy? I'm in

That is not the guy, but his sister who is good and understands him.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

That is not the guy, but his sister who is good and understands him.

I don't have a cool older sister who will dress me up cute so I'm consumed with jealousy, pass

• Locked thread