Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Seriously if you happen to catch me on I'll be more than happy to help run d220 stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does Lightning's USB show up again? Was planning to pull for it, but then I saw I had over half the stuff on that banner.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Dollar pulled and got Rosa's USB. :smug:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Thanks a bunch for the offers of help, I think I figured out the trick for this week.

I spent an hour banging my head against the wall joining other people's groups and failing. Closest we got was 50%. Then I made my own group, three people with super stacked characters joined instantly. Two of them bailed mid-fight so I ended up just piloting most of the team. Won on the first try AND I got to try out badass new soul breaks like Cid Raines and Y'Shtola.

If I'd known that was a thing I'd have done this long ago just to try out all the awesome SBs I'll probably never own.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does Lightning's USB show up again? Was planning to pull for it, but then I saw I had over half the stuff on that banner.

There hasn't been another XIII event but it did show up on the FF30th anniversary fest.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

It will be on Banner 3 of the current fest event along with her BSB2. That banner is basically all the top-tier lightning element users.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Skipped the medica lucky but then I got really lucky on the BSB one, pulled Rapha's BSB and Vaan's BSB, which I've been chasing for a long time. That also means I might not even pull on banner 4 since it's one of the items I was chasing there, which would mean skipping the entire fest. That sounds kinda crazy but I guess it would let me pull a couple times for Cloud's USB.

Also, uh, what should I run as my default mage team? I've been insanely lucky for a non-whale and I've got:

Onion Knight BSB, Cid Raines BSB, Rapha BSB, Marach BSB, Maria BSB, Ashe BSB, Alphinaud BSB, Yuna BSB2, Yshtola BSB + Wall, Papalymo SSB, and Krile SSB. I literally don't know what to do when there's not a specific weakness / resistance to make it simple.

I'm thinking skip the SSB Faithgas since I'll probably be hitting the cap without them, or at least come close. Do I go OK, Cid, Rapha, Alphinaud, Yuna and RW Wall? That seems like it would give me the most damage and 4 partywide magic boosts, but I'm not sure.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

It will be on Banner 3 of the current fest event along with her BSB2. That banner is basically all the top-tier lightning element users.

That was the banner I was talking about, her USB and Ashe's BSB look good, but too many dupes for me. :(

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Onion Knight BSB, Cid Raines BSB, Rapha BSB, Yshtola BSB + Wall.
This is the team I would run with your options, along with a support of your choice. My main team right now is Raines with BSB, OK with BSB, and Fujin with BSB along with a healer of choice, which is sometimes Y'Shtola with BSB. Tyro with Wall and Breakdowns/Dances was my support for a while, and I still go back to that for AoE fights or fights with counters to physical attacks, but Setzer with BSB is my main support now. I've been able to solo most of the multiplayer raid fights with that setup, along with all event fights and Torments.

That setup gives you 3 stacking faithgas that also give +DEF and +RES. OK, Raines, Y'shtola, and your support can all Wrath for meter. OK (after diving), Rapha, and Y'shtola can carry Protectga/Shellga.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

iPodschun posted:

This is the team I would run with your options, along with a support of your choice. My main team right now is Raines with BSB, OK with BSB, and Fujin with BSB along with a healer of choice, which is sometimes Y'Shtola with BSB. Tyro with Wall and Breakdowns/Dances was my support for a while, and I still go back to that for AoE fights or fights with counters to physical attacks, but Setzer with BSB is my main support now. I've been able to solo most of the multiplayer raid fights with that setup, along with all event fights and Torments.

That setup gives you 3 stacking faithgas that also give +DEF and +RES. OK, Raines, Y'shtola, and your support can all Wrath for meter. OK (after diving), Rapha, and Y'shtola can carry Protectga/Shellga.

Throw in Marach BSB for extra Magic/Res debuffing. I'm pretty jealous of Patriarch's setup.

Can't complain too much though, BSB+ gave me 3 more BSBs plus Lightning's USB. Why couldn't her BSB1 at least be lightning based?

Anyway, that brings me up to 36 BSBs, 6 USBs, 5 OSBs and 1 CSB. I'm conflicted about pulling for Banner 3 because it's really tempting but I actually have a ton of lightning relics already. I do have general future pull plans already though. Ugh, decisions decisions.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

That was the banner I was talking about, her USB and Ashe's BSB look good, but too many dupes for me. :(

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/69jphj/ff30_fest_banner_5_jp_relic_draw_thread/

Welp, there's your other option aside from Luckies.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Yeah I gave that a shot a couple times but didn't have any success. Brought Tyro's BSB to put up Protect/Shell on everyone then spammed Full Break/Magic Breakdown/Armor Breakdown while the 99s did their thing.

Join the goon discord. I have had great success even taking perhaps slightly suboptimal characters.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Dena please, I do not need any more goddamn bravery motes. I need literally every 5 star mote but that.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

more goddamn bravery motes.

Understood!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
In their defense, doesn't bravery overlap wth 4 other types of motes, whereas most other types of motes only combine with 2 others?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

All I know is I've got 50 5* bravery motes and 5 of everything else.

Also ugh this jump start has some tedious mechanics.

edit: wait I think I just misread it.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 26, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
MP wasn't hard at all, just a slog since the party decided to have four healers and no real DPS characters. My Vaan did 45% of his health bar probably. At least we never got even remotely close to dying.

Jump Start wasn't really hard, I screwed up around halfway and got Garnet/Papalymo Enticed (which they never recovered from until they died), but trusty Vivi took on the last 30% virtually all by himself.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I want an R2 Meltdown.

Will there be black Crystal farming anywhere soon?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Why the hell is this jump start suddenly throwing around 9k damage thundajas before I can get an action off? It was not doing this before and it's insanely annoying.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

In their defense, doesn't bravery overlap wth 4 other types of motes, whereas most other types of motes only combine with 2 others?

Pretty much. Of the six 5* mote combinations, four use bravery motes.

The thing is a lot of the physical heavy hitters use the Dexterity/Vitality combo, and almost all the White/Black mages use the Wisdom/Spirit combo. So if you pick something like Squall and Y'shtola for your first dives, those Bravery motes will pile up until you get another 100 of another type of mote.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Thank god I got Master's BSB from the BSB lucky draw at the second anniversary. That Chaos CM would have been hell without it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Boy I'm really enjoying this Get Murdered By Physical Attacks From A Magic Heavy Boss Before You Even Have A Chance To Move battle (aka Jump Start in the English version).

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
A+ Chadarnook down. There's definitely some RNG involved in getting around her nasty damage; you don't want to force her to Demon form too quickly, since it has no 'safe' turn 1 attacks unlike the Goddess form (who at least starts off with a lame physical), so if you smack it with a Holy attack immediately you might see a Flash Rain or a 5k+ Blizzaga before you get your mitigation up.

After some retooling, did it with a bit more defensive team (Mog, Garnet, Celes, Papalymo, Relm), which was the team I used for Jump Started except I swapped in Celes instead of Vivi. Honestly, once you get your defenses properly up, the damage is pretty manageable unless she confuses too many people with Jarring Blow (you shouldn't see Entice if you play it right).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Eh...literally none of the banners interest me for summer fest and that FF6 banner 1 looks really tempting. You know what, let's do it

:stare: oh my goooooood

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
That is a good and hilarious pull.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

Eh...literally none of the banners interest me for summer fest and that FF6 banner 1 looks really tempting. You know what, let's do it

You could have pulled on banner 1 or played the lottery with that luck. Now you must live with your choice.

But seriously, drat nice pull. I believe you are the official winner of that banner.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

RagnarokAngel posted:

:wtc:

Meanwhile, I succeeded at something I thought I had no chance at:

Warrior of Light using OSB to hit for about 50k neutral damage after buffs + debuffs. Wol debuffing boss with his SSB. Matoya applying her 30%/30% buff to boost damage, two shared medicas on Sarah and Echo. Finally, Tyro USB ate all the stops, a few AoE and kept everyone hasted. Way easier than I feared. :toot:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Sorry about the wrong Celes BSB. :(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yeah that stung, just a little bit, but none of the banner was dupes so I'll take it.

Edit: edit rather than double post, does using a "chance to cast spellblades twice" record materia stack with her legend materia in any way or don't bother?

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 26, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah that stung, just a little bit, but none of the banner was dupes so I'll take it.

Edit: edit rather than double post, does using a "chance to cast spellblades twice" record materia stack with her legend materia in any way or don't bother?

It does. Doublecast from LM and doublecasts from RM are separate chances to proc, so you have a very small chance to triplecast.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

It does. Doublecast from LM and doublecasts from RM are separate chances to proc, so you have a very small chance to triplecast.

Oh. Oh my.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
What was the highest % spellblade dualcast proc rate? 30% from a level 99 RM?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Attestant posted:

What was the highest % spellblade dualcast proc rate? 30% from a level 99 RM?

Took a glance at Enlir's spreadsheet, the only thing I saw was Bartz's RM that's a 13% chance to proc dualcast. His LM on the other hand is a 35% chance to proc dualcast :catstare: Also he gets one that's a 10% to double-dualcast a spellblade, which given what the other dude said about them counting as different procs means you could potentially proc all of them for five spellblades off a single cast, lmao

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I guess the gatcha wants me to use Celes.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

CaptainPsyko posted:

Maria's song is still a nice boost and her commands can chew through a weakness. It's a good booby prize.

Not having the runic affect like her BSB2/SSB does is a huge bummer though.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I beat the JS somehow. First JS clear without Wall.

Celes SSB, Agrias, Ysh, Ramza, OK.

Passed the finish line running on fumes, all 15 SBs used and almost dead.

Did A+ twice. Lightning, Celes, Ysh, Ramza, OK. First time RW Celes BSB2, beat but didn't master. Second time RW Wall, championed somehow.

This fight is miserable. The jarring blow confuse, that god drat AoE dispel into kill one of your guys no wait maybe this time I'll kill them all now that your mitigation is down, the initial physical immunity. Well then.

Good luck!

Neutral Zone Trap fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 26, 2017

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I had the right combination of things for JS this week, so it went down trivially.

RW History's Truth, and Ramza Breaking, Shouting, and Chanting. Tyro throwing Wall, Selphie healing/Dreamstaging, and then Agrias and Terra using their OSBs. Between the 6 OSB casts, Chardy really had no chance.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

My BSB+ pull:

Apparently this game wants me to use FFXIII characters. Looks like those CMs should be a breeze in the future.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Benthalus posted:

My BSB+ pull:

Apparently this game wants me to use FFXIII characters. Looks like those CMs should be a breeze in the future.

That Edge burst ain't shabby either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Benthalus posted:

My BSB+ pull:

I think Flame Fossil may be the dumbest looking weapon I've seen a while.

• Locked thread