Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

scarycave posted:

Please don't tell me psychonauts 2 isn't turning out good. :ohdear:

I'll let you know if it turns out at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
The Binding Of Isaac runs are too long and too random. I hate to say it cause it's part of what appealed to me about the game at first, that there was this insanely sprawling christian guilt hell world that could turn out TOTALLY DIFFERENT, EVERY TIME

But the reality is that you;ll probably end up either too weak to stand a chance or too strong to give a gently caress, and that has largely been decided before you do anything. Smartly, they included stuff you can do to load the dice, like the angel and devil rooms. But those have a much narrower range of items, so most successful runs end up with some variation of flying / brimstone / knife / Guppy.

All of which are fun, but there's a ton of other cool stuff in the game that you hardly ever see, and also a lot of crappy items that aren't real interesting competing for RNG space with the good ones.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I wanted to buy Nuclear Throne but it's not on sale. It's cheap enough that I could justify it anyway, but it's not like I need to and I've already spent money on other things.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Gitro posted:

I wanted to buy Nuclear Throne but it's not on sale. It's cheap enough that I could justify it anyway, but it's not like I need to and I've already spent money on other things.

Wait a few days and it might go on sale?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Nuclear Throne doesn't go on sale. It's worth $12.

Nuebot posted:

Wait a few days and it might go on sale?

That's not how the big Steam sales work any more.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Gitro posted:

Nuclear Throne is absolutely worth $12, sale or no sale. Still the best roguelite on the market, imo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

That's not how the big Steam sales work any more.

Isn't it? What changed?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
There are no daily/flash deals, there haven't been for like 2 years

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Amazon was beating them at their own game by just offering the same daily deals but you got to see them all instead of waiting to see if oh maybe I should hold out and see if this other game I want goes on sale. So they just show all the sales on day 1 now.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

scarycave posted:

That and the water tit monster.

The what now?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

RagnarokAngel posted:

Amazon was beating them at their own game by just offering the same daily deals but you got to see them all instead of waiting to see if oh maybe I should hold out and see if this other game I want goes on sale. So they just show all the sales on day 1 now.

That and they were forced to follow basic consumer protection laws and allow refunds so they got rid of flash sales to avoid the blowback of people buying a game and then refunding it when it went on an even deeper discount later on in the sale.

The fact that it lessens the competition among devs to slash their prices even lower to get attention probably didn't hurt, either.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I think it's this one, from one of the bossfights they've shown (which also looked pretty bland):

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Perestroika posted:

I think it's this one, from one of the bossfights they've shown (which also looked pretty bland):

It must really steam their clams that Shantae cornered the aquatic giantess market a year ahead of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2fUII0xdlg

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Domina is way too loving hard. Just trying to start the game out and I'm losing my top gladiators in their first fights against a loving guy not even wearing any goddamn armour! Like what the gently caress? I'm getting tempted to get a return even though I love the whole 'gladiator game' thing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Immediately make everyone meditate if you're not, it makes their AI go up to terminator levels and then the only threats quickly become the actual meant to be big and hard fights.

Through meditation I've sent in fresh dudes wearing nothing but their loincloth, who manage to beat decked out guys because the audience throws a nice weapon, they grab it and then space the guy to death.

Yardbomb has a new favorite as of 09:44 on Jun 26, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

btw Jack from mass effect 2 was a good character, i'm a sucker for space punk psychopaths and I thought she was the best bit.

Jack from ME2 was bullshit because Femshep players never got an actual resolution to her character arc, because the resolution to her character arc was locked behind fuckin' and because EA are a bunch of whiny babies they didn't let Shepard and Jack get their gently caress on if it was gonna actually mean anything. Fine with a no-character-arc-for-you-then-lol girl-on-girl quickie, not okay with actual lesbianism.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Perestroika posted:

jesus christ that's hideous

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Somfin posted:

Jack from ME2 was bullshit because Femshep players never got an actual resolution to her character arc, because the resolution to her character arc was locked behind fuckin' and because EA are a bunch of whiny babies they didn't let Shepard and Jack get their gently caress on if it was gonna actually mean anything. Fine with a no-character-arc-for-you-then-lol girl-on-girl quickie, not okay with actual lesbianism.

I thought I got the resolution to her arc without loving, even as manshep. I thought it just involved doing her loyalty mission right.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yeah uh...i was a female Shepard and it resolves her plot through a loyalty mission like everything else.

A male shepherd's romance option does have an uncomfortable undercurrent of loving away the trauma but the actual resolution is a loyalty mission.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah uh...i was a female Shepard and it resolves her plot through a loyalty mission like everything else.

A male shepherd's romance option does have an uncomfortable undercurrent of loving away the trauma but the actual resolution is a loyalty mission.

I just wanted a goddamn post-loyalty-mission dialogue tree. You know, just something beyond "We're good, gently caress off."

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Wolfenstein: The New Order is an avant-garde ARG about trying to get a videogame called Wolfenstein: The New Order to actually loving work. Fun activities include updating your GPU drivers, finding out which menu options cause the game to crash, many hours of googling in vain hope of finding a solution and a fun console command minigame.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Somfin posted:

I just wanted a goddamn post-loyalty-mission dialogue tree. You know, just something beyond "We're good, gently caress off."
That...seems better rather than changing the character arbitrarily. Just cause you helped her find resolution doesn't mean she has to be nice to you.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Gitro posted:

Wolfenstein: The New Order is an avant-garde ARG about trying to get a videogame called Wolfenstein: The New Order to actually loving work. Fun activities include updating your GPU drivers, finding out which menu options cause the game to crash, many hours of googling in vain hope of finding a solution and a fun console command minigame.

Man, that game really doesn't like you. I'm assuming you've not got some weird setup because you've posted about loads of other games without mention of poo poo like this, so I'm guessing it's just some really specific combination of components and software that TNO hates.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Somfin posted:

Romance in games is something that needs to die, like yesterday, who the gently caress decided people want romance options? I mean if you want a game about romance buy a dating game or something lol.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Romance in games is something that needs to die, like yesterday, who the gently caress decided people want romance options? I mean if you want a game about romance buy a dating game or something lol.

Their primary market eats that poo poo up. Which is why every game ends up with a lot of complaining about who you can and can't gently caress.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The last Bioware game I played was DA Inquisition, and that one would barely count as a husk of a game if they took out the dating sim. They know this crap is cheaper to make than polished core gameplay, and that people will slurp it up.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Gitro posted:

Wow, was that part of the update? Because I just had to download a massive update since the disc version is a loving joke, and it was straight to Nazi killing goodness.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Fil5000 posted:

Man, that game really doesn't like you. I'm assuming you've not got some weird setup because you've posted about loads of other games without mention of poo poo like this, so I'm guessing it's just some really specific combination of components and software that TNO hates.

For some reason my old graphics card would gently caress Max Payne 3 up in the weirdest ways. Once I swapped it out the game ran perfectly fine.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

MrJacobs posted:

Wow, was that part of the update? Because I just had to download a massive update since the disc version is a loving joke, and it was straight to Nazi killing goodness.

Yeah, I think I might have gotten some sort of special bonus edition? It was probably some promo thing for the sale. I dig it as an art piece, you know, it's really unique - a game that never works, how crazy! - but I'd also like to shoot some nazis that aren't planes.

Fil5000 posted:

I have no idea. It's got known issues with AMD GPUs, and I had to update my drivers to get it to work, but after that :shrug: Other people have the same issue and at least one person that reported it didn't have an AMD card, so who the gently caress knows? My rig's pretty standard and I've run a whole bunch of newer and older games with few-to-no problems, but I guess I managed to pick exactly the parts that makes TNO poo poo itself.

And why the gently caress does changing mouse sensitivity only cause a crash if I do it from the main menu? What the gently caress causes that? It's amazing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Somfin posted:

And the lesbian romance in Andromeda (Peebee doesn't count)? While it has a lot of adorable moments, mainly stemming from Sarah being a gigantic dork, it's also the one romance where the word love is never mentioned and there's no boinking at any point. The gay male option is just as bad, because the gay dude's character arc if you don't revolve around him involves settling down with a straight woman to have children with her and it only gets more embarrassing if you're romancing him.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The only instance I've seen of love and romantic sex done tastefully in games is Wolfenstein.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is like a distant second.

There's probably some CRPGS or adventure games that have done it better but I wouldn't know.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

The only instance I've seen of love and romantic sex done tastefully in games is Wolfenstein.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is like a distant second.

There's probably some CRPGS or adventure games that have done it better but I wouldn't know.

They had a classic and tasteful love tale of two people who fell in love after finding out their inner sociopathic need to kill some Nazis, also having a weird relationship seeing as how she cared for him for like 5 years when he was comatose.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

MrJacobs posted:

They had a classic and tasteful love tale of two people who fell in love after finding out their inner sociopathic need to kill some Nazis, also having a weird relationship seeing as how she cared for him for like 5 years when he was comatose.

More depth and nuance than any Bioware romance my dude.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Geralt and Yennefer have a really good "romance" in Witcher 3 which was unexpected for a series that started with collectible titty cards. It helps that they're developed characters with an established past

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Geralt and Yennefer have a really good "romance" in Witcher 3 which was unexpected for a series that started with collectible titty cards. It helps that they're developed characters with an established past

I like that "The Last Wish" quest is basically two adults in a strained marriage talking it out whether they wanna keep it going.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Also Witcher 3

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Perestroika posted:

This looks like the most boring loving game I have ever seen. They just stand in one place and mash attack while the boss refuses to react. And this demo video is supposed to make the game look good?

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Witcher 3 mostly works because it's a relationship set up in years of books, because doing that poo poo in the span of a game usually doesn't turn out well.

On the other hand, whenever Mass Effect 3 started incorporating stuff from the books, that was the first sign that I should probably stop playing.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

I bought TTG's The Walking Dead Season 3 and while I enjoyed it overall I really felt railroaded, moreso than most TTG titles (aside from Batman, which felt about the same). It sticks in my craw because at the end of each episode you can see the percentage of players who did certain actions and the ones that seem dangerous are overwhelmingly chosen over more mundane things because everyone expects a railroad where choices rarely matter. The first TWD seemed better because you could end up with less or more people, and I replayed it several times. Season 2 was worse, considering I was able to see the repercussions of my choices in the first game, albeit barely. I don't think I will ever replay Season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've stopped being interested in those games because they are all extremely railroaded, but try to pretend that they aren't. I just stopped caring about any of the plots or choices because no matter what, everything will stay the same except for the one time where you need to make a 'who lives, who dies' choice, which is pretty drat obvious when it comes up. The best TTG game is also the most railroaded, Tales from the Borderlands, but that game had the characters and writing to back it up and make it a great adventure, something the other games simply don't have.