Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

bullshit

not even nintendo can be this asstarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

drat. Guess I'll be up early on the 29th.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Called it. I hope they don't go through the N64 also before launching Switch VC.

Did not call Star Fox 2. This is going to be impossible to find. Wonder what other games it will have. Guarantee it will have Mario Kart. Got to have some form of multiplayer racing. I wish it would have hidden additional control slots and a Bomberman or NBA Jam TE but that's asking for too much. (At least NBA Jam is)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 26, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Are the controller ports miniature?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
snes was bad, give us Stardew Valley and VC Nintendo, thanks

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Shut up nintendo gently caress off with this

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahah this lineup is kinda.. eh. they dont even have the best donkey kong country on there. nintendo what are you doing. gimme that switch vc already.

No Phalanx? No Thalanx.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

hahah this lineup is kinda.. eh. they dont even have the best donkey kong country on there. nintendo what are you doing. gimme that switch vc already.

It's great because they're all SNES games.

Also I think the most interesting thing about it is that it has previously not rereleased Super FX games on it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vikar Jerome posted:

How the hell is that eh? It's maybe missing just two games (Chrono Trigger/DKC2) from being perfect.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
its all from here, official press release: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170626005607/en/You%E2%80%99re-Playing-Super-Power%21-Nintendo-Announces-Super

only 21 games, they could have easily have padded it up to 30 like the nes one.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
God...dammit. I'm never going to own one of those, am I?

SeANMcBAY posted:

How the hell is that eh? It's maybe missing just two games (Chrono Trigger/DKC2) from being perfect.

Secret of Evermore :colbert:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
If it turns out like the NES Mini, you'll probably be able to hack whatever missing games you want onto there, too. Unless they go ahead and only put on the bare minimum for storage or something.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe if it's meant to be a holiday only release this year they will tell people. The NES Classic left a bad taste in a lot of mouths.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They actually managed to squeeze Super Mario RPG outta Square again

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Holy poo poo not only are they actually releasing Star Fox 2, but they managed to get Yoshi's Island and Star Fox 1 on there as well

I need this ASAP

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Spellman posted:

can't tell for sure but they look like proper snes ports and not the wiimote ports like the snes one.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Spellman posted:

The controller ports appear to be fake, from looking at the picture on their site. It also says the controllers are Classic Controller compatible, so there must be real ports on the back or side.

An odd decision.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Relm's sketch glitch is going to be the crux of the first SNES classic jailbreak

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

TVs Ian posted:

If it turns out like the NES Mini, you'll probably be able to hack whatever missing games you want onto there, too. Unless they go ahead and only put on the bare minimum for storage or something.

why pay 80 dollars (+ scalpers fees) just to hack it though

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I have every SNES edition released, a modded one with SD2SNES cart, and have the entire SNES library as part of my "new computer" set up package. I am hype.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So with the NES mini how did the display work? Did it stretch everything and keep the aspect ratio so it still looked okay but had big black columns either side, or did it stretch to fill the whole screen in all dimensions and make a smudged mess?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Finally. A Nintendo console with SUPER MARIO WORLD!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

How is FF3 the Final fantasy they are going with?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Knowing how it went last time... time to be a loser and line up on release day.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Andrast posted:

Instead of what... FF4? FF5? Those were the only ones on the SNES.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Chrono Trigger where

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

Andrast posted:

It's 6, it was originally called FFIII in the US.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ledhed posted:

It's 6, it was originally called FFIII in the US.

Oh right, that makes sense

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Andrast posted:

FF5 or FF6

FF3 is FF6. It was FF3 in olden times on SNES.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Andrast posted:

it's probably FF6.

Only things missing are DKC2 and Chrono Trigger otherwise that is a rock solid perfect lineup. I guess no sequels besides UBER RARE STAR FOX2 was allowed so we couldn't get X2 or DKC2. Chrono Trigger no idea why it didn't make it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Pierson posted:

So with the NES mini how did the display work? Did it stretch everything and keep the aspect ratio so it still looked okay but had big black columns either side, or did it stretch to fill the whole screen in all dimensions and make a smudged mess?

Proper 4:3 aspect ratio, with your choice of a "Pixel Perfect" mode or a CRT filter to make things hazily nostalgic https://www.theverge.com/2016/9/30/13089242/nes-classic-nintendo-new-features-multiple-display-modes

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Andrast posted:

Oh right, that makes sense

This IS 6

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'd rather just be able to play all these games on the go on my Nintendo Switch, thanks

Andrast posted:

Are they releasing 6 as 3 again maybe?

e beaten by everyone

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

we at Nintendo heard you clamoring for F-Zero, so we announced the SNES classic!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Andrast posted:

I played 3 on iOS and it was so forgettable that I actually forgot everything about it.

I bet they're holding out for 6 somewhere else.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Vikar Jerome posted:

You crazy. This is like 75-80% "The List" every 5 years when I download an emulator and my ethically and legally-sourced ROMs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaleski posted:

I'd rather just be able to play all these games on the go on my Nintendo Switch, thanks

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Verisimilidude posted:

I played 3 on iOS and it was so forgettable that I actually forgot everything about it.

I bet they're holding out for 6 somewhere else.

:golfclap:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Finally. A Nintendo console with SUPER MARIO WORLD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Phantasium posted:

we at Nintendo heard you clamoring for F-Zero, so we announced the SNES classic!

Jesus I completely glossed over that. This thing's like some kind of cruel joke.

• Locked thread