Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frijolero posted:

lol remember when Ossoff hinged his entire campaign on cutting spending :laffo:

Don't forget reaching across the aisle, he also promised to do that

The way you can tell someone is a committed progressive is when they promise to let Republicans have a few things from time to time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Dreylad posted:

it's amazing how easy it'd be to break the wrong way

also im a moron how does single payer disproportionately affect white people

the wait time to get a doctors appointment is a lot shorter when half the people in your area can't even afford a yearly checkup

healthcare in the US is great if you're really rich. that's why rich people from other countries sometimes fly here to get the elite treatment, instead of going through their own country's single-payer healthcare where they can't cut the line by dispensing more money, can't get caviar in their post-surgery penthouse, and might have to share a hospital room with someone who works for a living

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Don't forget reaching across the aisle, he also promised to do that

The way you can tell someone is a committed progressive is when they promise to let Republicans have a few things from time to time

we all know who we can thank for that :obama:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

docbeard posted:

The thing about Zuckerberg is that he's pretty much a cipher. He could do some good or he could be a monster or he could just be an ineffective plastic leader who rubber-stamps some vaguely progressive stuff while keeping the current power dynamic firmly in place, or he could just flail around uselessly, or he could usher in the technological singularity, or he could be a full-on revolutionary and there's no actual way to know ahead of time.

Which is why I don't think he'll do well at all if he does enter politics, particularly since he comes across as a guy who expects/assumes everything will just be easy and fall into his lap. He's the anti-Trump, but really only in the ways that Trump excelled as a campaigner. He doesn't have a clear message (other than 'hey, I exist') at the moment and he doesn't come across like he cares about anyone or anything.

On the other hand, I could make Cybermen jokes forever if he ran.

zuck is just gonna be a generic somewhat-neoliberal technocrat who farms out the actual business of coming up with policy to the same flock of aides, consultants, and lobbyists that've been writing Dem policy since 1996

he'll be very slightly center-left on social issues, heavily pro-business, somewhat anti-worker, neutral on poor people in general, and he'll leave the wonks to decide pretty much everything else for him (i.e., status quo or whatever the highest and best-connected bidder wants)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

u shouldn't support yankovich

his name just screams kremlin goblin, and we gotta be super careful and vigilant about those these days

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

David Yankovich is a regular guy. He’s not rich. He’s not famous. He’s not a politician. He just recently moved to Wisconsin (from Russia).

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
yankovich sounds ukrainian to me idk

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

GalacticAcid posted:

yankovich sounds ukrainian to me idk

parts of ukraine just recently became russian :tinfoil:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Condiv posted:

:can:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
raise your yank hands and repeat after me

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zuck / Ossoff 2020

"Suck us off" lamo, bernie would have won

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Frijolero posted:

Zuck / Ossoff 2020

"Suck us off" lamo, bernie would have won

"because literal milk toast doesnt keep for 35 years"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Raskolnikov38 posted:

anyhow i realize we have all been too hard on hillary. the democratic party was moribund going into the 2016 primary and generals, and hillary through her perseverance and unwavering commitment to her goals, drove the final stake into this god forsaken party. and for this we should be eternally grateful

If Hillary had won, we'd all still be with Her while republicans pickup a veto proof majority in 2018.
At least now we know how much democrats suck.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

If Hillary had won, we'd all still be with Her while republicans pickup a veto proof majority in 2018.
At least now we know how much democrats suck.

:agreed: Even if Hillary's electoral strategy had worked 100% as planned the downticket would be hosed by it

because every single suburban Republican you flip to keep Trump out of the White House will still happily vote for your McConnells or your Gianfortes or your Handels on the same goddamn ballot

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/879357029021863936

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

A+

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

I didn't really post that as an affirmation that I believed in it or that Ironstache is bad now. If anything I'm expecting that this guy is making a mountain out of a molehill.

The whole thread makes a rather tenuous series of connections back to the company that built the Dakota Accrss Pipeline

steel workers unions came out in favor of the pipeline previously so it wouldn't surprise me

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Zoran posted:

I just googled this phrase to figure out who came up with it (having seen it from Freddie DeBoer). Check out the first result, from RationalWiki:

lol

How did you miss this one

Absloute Madness posted:

External links
The West Wing episode "Shutdown" depicts the scenario quite well.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I have bad news for progressives if they think that environmental wings and organized labor wings are perfect bedfellows.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Bip Roberts posted:

I have bad news for progressives if they think that environmental wings and organized labor wings are perfect bedfellows.

maybe because your mindset is moored in the early 1990s still

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fiction posted:

maybe because your mindset is moored in the early 1990s still

Uhh it's probably the trickiest part of holding the DFL together (2k17) in Minn and by no means something that you can take for granted.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
loggers are killed by tree spikes every day, they'll never get along

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

tree spikes

that reminds me I need to try out the new 7 days to die alpha

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
stachebro'in up a storm over here

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/879381042200793088

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I'm a stachebro

I feel like his glory is wasted on a district that would think allowing Paul Ryan to exist is a good idea

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/Salon/status/879401422403645441

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

can we have a non-racist mock the dems?

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

I'm a stachebro

I feel like his glory is wasted on a district that would think allowing Paul Ryan to exist is a good idea

He's got decades left in him and you could have one hell of a beer with him.

Ironstache 2028.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

trump's making sure parts of america follow suit

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bill mahar should just jump ship to the republicans already like that other lovely comedian whose gimmick is that he memorized a thesaurus

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
i need my dem-criticizing comedians to be bland+inoffensive, maybe they can ask for white people to be killed and so on

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

still being sore about 9/11 is a prejudice you're going to have to treat a little softer than racist

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

He's got decades left in him and you could have one hell of a beer with him.

Ironstache 2028.

at that BMI and line of work, I'm not so confident

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SamSacks/status/879312779500556292

I'm getting close to Ironically liking Joy

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Raskolnikov38 posted:

bill mahar should just jump ship to the republicans already like that other lovely comedian whose gimmick is that he memorized a thesaurus

He's already rich, hates women and Islam. All he's waiting for now is the GOP to be for legal weed.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

America deserved 9/11

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

i think people underestimate just how unpopular paul ryan is among his constituency

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

cantor getting primaried years back gives me hope

incumbency advantage still makes it an uphill climb but no one is immune to a primary challenge

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

mocking the dems is a big tent party.

pretty much everyone has standing to mock the really bad Democratic Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

UHD posted:

cantor getting primaried years back gives me hope

incumbency advantage still makes it an uphill climb but no one is immune to a primary challenge

hahaha I forgot about Cantor

Imagine being him and home and thinking "I could have been speaker of the house right now"

• Locked thread