Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

twin peaks 308 best tv episode of the year
Seriously. Like Better Call Saul and Bates Motel ruled, but new Twin Peaks legit might be the best thing I've seen on TV since Breaking Bad ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
And we're not even halfway through the season!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Seriously. Like Better Call Saul and Bates Motel ruled, but new Twin Peaks legit might be the best thing I've seen on TV since Breaking Bad ended.

have you still not watched Patriot my dude

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

have you still not watched Patriot my dude
I have not :shobon:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Last night's season 2 premiere of Preacher had one of the most violent cold opening scenes i've ever seen on standard cable.

The new season is gonna be bonkers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think this episode of X-files is a post-humous series finale for Millenium.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Lurdiak posted:

I think this episode of X-files is a post-humous series finale for Millenium.

Yeah that was the intent.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Josh Lyman posted:

On the other hand, wouldn't Amazon spend $100 million on pilots each year?

Probably, but 100 million is only 10-15 pilots (usually you put a better director or higher production values into a pilot than the regular episodes, since you want it to sell your series), so that doesn't seem quite as silly.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
100 Million is probably pocket lint to Amazon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Decius posted:

(usually you put a better director or higher production values into a pilot than the regular episodes, since you want it to sell your series)

TV sure has changed.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Felt kinda sour on how Preacher S1 ended but I really like last night's episode. The pacing has gotten exponentially better now that they've finally gotten to the loving point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mulder, loving aliens that were cloned from your sister told you what happened to her, what the gently caress is this "I have to let go" bullshit.

Is this season just assuming I didn't watch the previous 6?

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 26, 2017

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The myth arc stuff in X Files just gets dumber and more convoluted as things go on, after a certain point you're better off just watching the standalone episodes

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Or just don't take them too seriously.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Mulder, loving aliens that were cloned from your sister told you what happened to her, what the gently caress is this "I have to let go" bullshit.

Is this season just assuming I didn't watch the previous 6?

Just wait until the most recent season when they retcon everything that ever happened involving Mulder's sister.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Snak posted:

Just wait until the most recent season when they retcon everything that ever happened involving Mulder's sister.

I feel like they've already done that at least twice.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Gonz posted:

Last night's season 2 premiere of Preacher had one of the most violent cold opening scenes i've ever seen on standard cable.

The new season is gonna be bonkers.

Is there (going to be) a thread for season 2? The S1 one has been archived.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I feel like they've already done that at least twice.

Yes but the most recent one is a real hard reset. I'm just gonna spoil it for you causr the new season is garbage: It has Mulder doubting that anything supernatural/alien related was ever involved and that maybe she eas just the victime of a regulal ubduction by a regular criminal. And not part of any vast conspiracy.

Yes after he met alien clones of her, he might be crazy and aliens were never involved. Gotcha.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

spookygonk posted:

Is there (going to be) a thread for season 2? The S1 one has been archived.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824182

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The episode with Kumail and Rhys Darby made the new season completely worth it. I only watched that one and the first episode, and ignored the rest.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The problem with the new X Files was that there were only a handful of new episodes and they wasted most of it on stupid myth arc bullshit no one cared about. I'd watch a new season of X Files if it was a normal length season and most of it was standalone episodes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The next season is supposedly 10 episodes.

http://tvline.com/2017/06/26/the-x-files-season-11-writers-darin-morgan-james-wong/

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Thanks, can't believe I didn't spot that.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Silicon Valley season finale* was great.

*this rhymes.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How was it great? I thought the season as a whole was a mess and the last few episodes hardly had any jokes. I liked how they got rid of TJ Miller but that's all.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If don't think there were any jokes in the last few episodes, I don't know what to tell you.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I mean jokes that are funny

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HorseRenoir posted:

The problem with the new X Files was that there were only a handful of new episodes and they wasted most of it on stupid myth arc bullshit no one cared about. I'd watch a new season of X Files if it was a normal length season and most of it was standalone episodes.

Also they made Mulder's Alex Jones friend out to be some kind of truth warrior crusader for the people :rolleyessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

Also they made Mulder's Alex Jones friend out to be some kind of truth warrior crusader for the people :rolleyessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss:

Well to be fair that's kind of always been a part of the show, the Lone Gunmen were all a bunch of BBS conspiracy theory true believers turned allies too. I don't know if Chris Carter genuinely believes that stuff or not but it's one of those things that you just have to accept about the setting, it would be like complaining about Supernatural portraying faith healers and exorcists as actually working or Fringe not being adequately critical of quantum physics pseudoscience.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's great that they killed the Lone Gunmen off in an extremely unfunny spinoff that had so little faith in its premise that it made some random handsome jock the real main character. It would be terrible to have some of the most memorable supporting characters in the show come back.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

It's great that they killed the Lone Gunmen off in an extremely unfunny spinoff that had so little faith in its premise that it made some random handsome jock the real main character. It would be terrible to have some of the most memorable supporting characters in the show come back.

Not true. They were killed in an X-Files episode after their show was cancelled. And the jock was in no way the main character of the spinoff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Silicon was a real letdown this season. The whole turning Richard into Gavin storyline didn't work at all, and other than that it was largely the same repetition as usual.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Not true. They were killed in an X-Files episode after their show was cancelled. And the jock was in no way the main character of the spinoff.

The jock's the only one who had love interests and character arcs and poo poo like that.

That show was so terrible.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Just wanted to drop a note that A Very Secret Service (Au Service de la France) is Cool and Good. There have been many James Bond parodies out these I have hated, but I really like this one. I think it's because it focuses on silly administration and characters being incompetent at their jobs from that angle, instead of physical gags and the "action" side of secret agents.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Can anybody help me with scratching the New Girl/How I met your mother itch? 20s/early 30s friends before the settling down vibe. I'm cruising through Master of None s2 and the latest Kimmy Schmitt. Thanks in advance!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lampsacus posted:

Can anybody help me with scratching the New Girl/How I met your mother itch? 20s/early 30s friends before the settling down vibe. I'm cruising through Master of None s2 and the latest Kimmy Schmitt. Thanks in advance!

Happy Endings!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lampsacus posted:

Happy Endings?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Happy endings will ruin every other sitcom and there's only a small number of episodes so ration that poo poo!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

OK! I will watch Happy Endings! Thanks for the recommendation Big Bad Voodoo Lou and Iron Crowned. I'll try my best to ration it, Rhyno. 57 episodes. Hm!

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't Trust The B In Apartment 23? It is just one season, though.

• Locked thread