Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hope Yoshi's Island is the gba port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

w/e im gettin one lol, theres basically no duds on that list and it comes wth two controllers. jjust wish theyd only put one star fox on there but its badass that star fox 2 is there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
that is an insanely good list of games lol. compare to the NES classic ...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait is Star Fox 2 that unreleased game? That's actually pretty rad lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

star fox 2...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

that is a lot of loving win...

wonder if it can support a third player for secret of mana though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tbf if someone made me sit down nd pick the 20 best mainsteam gmes for the snes + star fox 2 thats pretty much what the list would look like. only obvious missing game is chrono trigger

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol at this getting street fighter 2 after capcom selling it for $40

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol I started to get all indignant about Kirbys Dream Course not being included, but now that i see it's in there, i'll be buying the product

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

it's just turbo not super turbo

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Contra/Castlevania with Mega Man X and all the NES staples INCLUDING Earthbound AND SM:RPG?? How could you possibly complain about that list.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

God-tier list of games for sure, if it had Chrono Trigger it would pretty much be perfect

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

tbf if someone made me sit down nd pick the 20 best mainsteam gmes for the snes + star fox 2 thats pretty much what the list would look like. only obvious missing game is chrono trigger

No DKC 2 and no Chrono Trigger... Looks like I'll have to hold onto my phone for now.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The only 3rd party thing I'd include would be NBA Jam:TE but that's more specific nostalgia for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The genesis version was better IIRC.

Soral
May 30, 2009

donkey kong country 1 instead of 2 is the only smudge on that amazing list, in this humble gamer's honest opinion

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Really really important to note that FF3, in this case, is really FF6.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

The only 3rd party thing I'd include would be NBA Jam:TE but that's more specific nostalgia for me.

pretty sure that would be a legal nightmare to include, unfortunately

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

I dont want that thing, but im glad they apparently figured out how to emulate the superFX games

they figured out how to do that like 17 years ago...

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That list rules. I was hoping for a few more jrpgs but that's just what I played all the time on snes. Can't complain too much really

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Really really important to note that FF3, in this case, is really FF6.

Wait are we sure? I thought they used the jp numbers for everything now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

That list rules. I was hoping for a few more jrpgs but that's just what I played all the time on snes. Can't complain too much really

I'm very happy Mario RPG is in.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

an actual dog posted:

Yes because 3j never came out on SNES

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

an actual dog posted:

ff3j was afaik never released on snes, were good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i won't complain because it's objective fact that star fox 1 is a bad version of fasntasy zone that runs at 10 fps and secret of mana is just plain bad :slick:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is it still a wired cord thats' like 16 inches long

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

can't wait for gbs to start screaming about how they already have every game ever made for any system emulated on their phone and everyone should just buy one of those chinese third party controllers with the weird smelling plastic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's very clearly the FF3 US (aka 6) box art here

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh lol i r ead kirby super star as kirbys adventures in dreamland, thats way better

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
So are they going to make enough of these that you might actually be able to get one or what?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

they figured out how to do that like 17 years ago...

I meant they as in Nintendo. i dont think theyve ever released a Super FX game on virtual console

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

no dragon quest...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

can't wait for gbs to start screaming about how they already have every game ever made for any system emulated on their phone and everyone should just buy one of those chinese third party controllers with the weird smelling plastic

th wait is over

Tender Bender posted:

No DKC 2 and no Chrono Trigger... Looks like I'll have to hold onto my phone for now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yes because 3j never came out on SNES

oh lol I forgot about that. this owns

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

th wait is over

I would gladly play those games on Switch or snes mini tho, which is the only possible way to read that post

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

in this case gbs is right because it will literally be android os with an emulator in a tiny snes shaped box, like the nes classic.

Soral
May 30, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

I meant they as in Nintendo. i dont think theyve ever released a Super FX game on virtual console

they have not, unless they released some obscure japan-only title that i don't know on the vc. they definitely never did starfox or yoshi's island

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

supposedly its because nintendo didn't want to pay argonaut software who co-developed the fx chip, and who are now currently owned by sony. but idk if that's true or not.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I AM THE MOON posted:

no dragon quest...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Like the NES classic I already still have most of the carts. Plus emulators on my shield tv/computer/etc. And I'd rather see them on a Switch VC. But I'd still buy one given the opportunity because it's cool