Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-SNes-Classic-Edition-Mini-30-Games-pre-order-/272736321273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

...did it even go up on Amazon yet?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Phantasium posted:

nope

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm just gonna buy a loving Raspberry Pi. No way in hell am I gonna even be able to get my hands on one of these.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm just gonna buy a loving Raspberry Pi. No way in hell am I gonna even be able to get my hands on one of these.

Not with that attitude!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Now that this is clearly an annual thing, I'm willing to bet the Nintendo Classic Mini: NES will be rereleased in 2018

i think we'll get a gameboy classic next year. seems easier to do, then again so would releasing that nes classic in acceptable numbers seems easier too.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man the NA snes is ugly as hell compared to the superior JP/PAL version.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I'm really glad I bought a Raspberry Pie and turned it into a Retro Pie so I don't have to deal with these classic models. What a nightmare. Thank you Retro Pie, wireless controllers, and 32 gigabytes of space

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Phantasium posted:

Amazon should just quietly release it for pre-order instead of the bullshit that surrounded the NES classic release with announcing it and then having the mad dash to refresh and click a button.

This is the only way I'd get one most likely

Spellman
May 31, 2011

me

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Verisimilidude posted:

Not with that attitude!

Eh, I have a working SNES and at least half those titles anyway.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Amazon should just quietly release it for pre-order instead of the bullshit that surrounded the NES classic release with announcing it and then having the mad dash to refresh and click a button.

This is the only way I'd get one most likely

Good news! This is how they handle new amiibo!

You still won't have a chance in the two random minutes it's available!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

no super metriod, no buy

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rutibex posted:

no super metriod, no buy

It's got super metroid

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Rutibex posted:

no super metriod, no buy

glad to hear you're buying it

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

whaley posted:

I'm really glad I bought a Raspberry Pie and turned it into a Retro Pie so I don't have to deal with these classic models. What a nightmare. Thank you Retro Pie, wireless controllers, and 32 gigabytes of space

"Thank you for enabling crime"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I have literally all but 2 of those titles but I'm going to buy it anyway

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Some of my SNES carts are starting to lose their ability to save properly, so I feel obligated to go through the disappointment of trying to snag one of these.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Instant Sunrise posted:

Where's Uniracers? :colbert:

Pixar sued for the copyright and it was found to infringe on some short film they made in the 90s no one ever saw.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
eh, I'm waiting for the Gamecube Classic Edition

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

whaley posted:

i've done something similar with my pc

raspberry pie wasnt enough for me, i had to have all my consoles and carts/discs/memorycards ripped onto a 3tb hdd along with all my digital and disc pc games all running through steam with a system of original controller adapters going to my main couch area while all the original carts/discs/console are all in storage. loving rules.

still gonna try and buy these classics tho and rebuy them all again that switch vc when it hits. :shrug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

C-SPAN Caller posted:

It's got super metroid

oh sweet, I'll buy one for my young nephue for christmas. he is too young to figure out emulators

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

What are the odds of starfox 2 getting a vc release for switch eventually

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

C-SPAN Caller posted:

What are the odds of starfox 2 getting a vc release for switch eventually

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There will be no Super Nintendo games on the Switch for another 18 months at minimum

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

If it only ever gets released on this stupid hunk of plastic Nintendo legit just hates money

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hey Tim Whatley, did this answer your question of "Super Mario World when?"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There will be no Super Nintendo games on the Switch for another 18 months at minimum

the online service goes live in 6 months with that nintendoflix you know.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

C-SPAN Caller posted:

If it only ever gets released on this stupid hunk of plastic Nintendo legit just hates money

they actually love money, why do you think they're making this uber rare plastic box

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

On the plus side, if it's like the NES Classic, the ROM will be dumped pretty quickly and should be playable in emulators.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Hey Tim Whatley, did this answer your question of "Super Mario World when?"

That was not the question, and this was not the answer

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vikar Jerome posted:

the online service goes live in 6 months with that nintendoflix you know.

Goes live in "2018" who knows when

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
On the plus side, Nintendo have clearly learned something from the NES Mini; The SNES one is just straight up including two controllers instead of releasing standalone ones at a ratio of about one per twenty consoles.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Spellman posted:

That was not the question, and this was not the answer

No SMW now, no SMW tomorrow, no SMW forever.

On the Nintendo Switch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Goes live in "2018" who knows when

think it might be a good bet its early 2018 at least, it was due in september originally. But you're right, who knows with nintendo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

On the plus side, Nintendo have clearly learned something from the NES Mini; The SNES one is just straight up including two controllers instead of releasing standalone ones at a ratio of about one per twenty consoles.

Hopefully the cords are longer than 3 inches this time.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Will the SNES Classic have Amiibo support?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The funniest thing Nintendo could do at this point is have translated Mother 3 as an exclusive on a GBA mini that is only produced in small numbers for 6 months. (This won't happen)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Guy Goodbody posted:

In a shocking twist, the SNES Classic IS an Amiibo.

It's how Switch will use VC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Guy Goodbody posted:

Here's the kicker: The SNES Classic is in itself a giant Amiibo.

edit: FACK

• Locked thread