Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I AM THE MOON posted:

no dragon quest...

did any SNES DQ games actually come out in English

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

did any SNES DQ games actually come out in English

Nope, 5/6 didn't come out in English until the DS ports

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

supposedly its because nintendo didn't want to pay argonaut software who co-developed the fx chip, and who are now currently owned by sony. but idk if that's true or not.

I read somewhere that the guy who made the super FX chip also claimed to have created super Mario 64 and that shiggy stole his code so nintendo didn't like dealing with him so they just never reissued superfx games. That could all be made up though

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I read somewhere that the guy who made the super FX chip also claimed to have created super Mario 64 and that shiggy stole his code so nintendo didn't like dealing with him so they just never reissued superfx games. That could all be made up though
sounds legit

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I feel like I read this somewhere or heard it on retronauts or something.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

I feel like I read this somewhere or heard it on retronauts or something.

I think it was Retronauts. Retronauts is so good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

the game in question is croc which is a pile of grabage and controls like crap

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
croc did start out as a concept for a game where you control yoshi tho but nintendo canned it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croc:_Legend_of_the_Gobbos

the camera is bad and it has tank controls. TANK CONTROLS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

I think it was Retronauts. Retronauts is so good

It's.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The guy who claims that Nintendo stole SM64 from him goes by the degenerate British nickname Jez for Jeremy so I refuse to trust anything he says

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they give it a proper controller cord and make it possible to get one.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

croc did start out as a concept for a game where you control yoshi tho but nintendo canned it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croc:_Legend_of_the_Gobbos

the camera is bad and it has tank controls. TANK CONTROLS

all the positive reviews are purely on the sound and visuals and still say it plays like complete garbage. im glad to see game journalism has come so far in the past 20 years

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im not getting the snes mini cause i have a snes normal size with most of those games but im realy looking forward to someone dumping star fox 2 off that thing

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

bump_fn posted:

is it still a wired cord thats' like 16 inches long

its 5 feet, NES Mini controller cord is 3 feet

Soral
May 30, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

im not getting the snes mini cause i have a snes normal size with most of those games but im realy looking forward to someone dumping star fox 2 off that thing

piracy is wrong

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i love crime

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there's a 100% chance the star fox 2 rom is some lifted fan project and maybe a 33% chance it's not

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Miyamoto stole the concept of platforming in 3D from the creator of Croc and he's going to steal again

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

oddium posted:

there's a 100% chance the star fox 2 rom is some lifted fan project and maybe a 33% chance it's not

yeah and reggie's gonna upload the mother 3 fan translation to the switch eshop next week

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

death stranding is policenauts hd with slowbeef's fan translation

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
According to the lead dev none of the roms/carts for Starfox 2 are the 100% mastered version so the SNES mini will be the first time that's available which is cool.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

According to the lead dev none of the roms/carts for Starfox 2 are the 100% mastered version so the SNES mini will be the first time that's available which is cool.

thats rad

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
it's also cool because Starfox Command and Starfox Zero are both weird reinterpretations of SF2 so now people will be able to compare them to the original and wonder what the gently caress went wrong

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Sees no DKC2....

please

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

waiting for the other epic diddy av guy to chime in now

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

ttjo I have a once in a lifetime offer for you, post an avatar in this thread and I will replace the vomiting lady

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its actually a twice in a lifetime offersince kong ming did that for me once already but thank you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Japanese version has these games:

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
The Legend of Mystical Ninja
Panel de Pon
Super Soccer
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers

Instead of

Earthbound
Kirby's Dream Course
Street Fighter 2' Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania 4
Super Punch-Out!!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

julian assflange posted:

The Japanese version has these games:

Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
The Legend of Mystical Ninja
Panel de Pon
Super Soccer
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers

Instead of

Earthbound
Kirby's Dream Course
Street Fighter 2' Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania 4
Super Punch-Out!!

Pal supremacy

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I believe they get a the better Street Fighter of the two but I couldn't tell the difference probably

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

julian assflange posted:

I believe they get a the better Street Fighter of the two but I couldn't tell the difference probably

ffour new characters mostly

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

julian assflange posted:

I think the general consensus among snes sf2 players is that non-super turbo is a little more fun to play than non-turbo super because you can make it stupid fast, so I think it's pretty much a wash

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

im gonna buy the dumb toy snes and play star fox 2 on it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

waiting for the other epic diddy av guy to chime in now

he's right where tf is Dkc2. this is loving bananas

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/hyogonosuke/status/879559468928782336

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Is anyone else missing Actraiser? Also would have liked to see Uniracers.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I can't tell if something went wrong with the av change or if wheelhouse has a bot that tells him when your avatar has been changed.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Is anyone else missing Actraiser? Also would have liked to see Uniracers.

i m ean yeah, i can rattle off like 20 other games i w ish were on there but its a real fuckin good list. snes is just too powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

it's pretty brutal that only japan is getting tetris attack, tho