Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I watched RPM a few years ago online. I enjoyed it, despite the major issues with shakeycam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Helios Grime posted:

I moved all my good liquor and wine down into the cellar because I learned from last years heatwave. But it was heavy and now If I fancy a drink I need to walk 3 floors of stairs down and up...count it twice if I put the bottle back down.

You either live in a three storey house or the low level of a highrise. Congrats?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Outrail posted:

You either live in a three storey house or the low level of a highrise. Congrats?

This is the First World Problems thread, friend.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I got a raise.
"What's the problem?", you're thinking. Well, it's a goddamn huge raise, for one; up three dollars an hour.
"Okay... So?"

I'm deaf, and on deaf disability. I can only work X amount of hours a week, or make Y amount take-home pay a month. I was already barely squeaking beneath the monthly limit at 8.55 an hour, working 16 hours a week.

"So just ask them not to give you the raise?"
It's been in effect since last week; it'll show up on my next paycheck. I only just found out about it today.
The disability people have been supposed to increase the limit for a while now, but even if they do I'm not sure if it'll be enough.

:shepspends:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I got a raise.
"What's the problem?", you're thinking. Well, it's a goddamn huge raise, for one; up three dollars an hour.
"Okay... So?"

I'm deaf, and on deaf disability. I can only work X amount of hours a week, or make Y amount take-home pay a month. I was already barely squeaking beneath the monthly limit at 8.55 an hour, working 16 hours a week.

"So just ask them not to give you the raise?"
It's been in effect since last week; it'll show up on my next paycheck. I only just found out about it today.
The disability people have been supposed to increase the limit for a while now, but even if they do I'm not sure if it'll be enough.

:shepspends:

Are you sure they didn't tell you last week and you just didn't hear them?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have to lift a lot of heavy things today.

oldpainless posted:

:lol:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

oldpainless posted:

:mmmhmm:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

oldpainless posted:

:captainpop: Amazing, simply amazing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The store didn't have a small tub of onion dip, forcing us to buy a larger tub. The result of this will be that we'll run out of potato chips before we run out of onion dip.

We've been trying to run out of both chips and dip at the same time, for like two weeks now. Neither of us really like potato chips.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

MisterBibs posted:

The store didn't have a small tub of onion dip, forcing us to buy a larger tub. The result of this will be that we'll run out of potato chips before we run out of onion dip.

We've been trying to run out of both chips and dip at the same time, for like two weeks now. Neither of us really like potato chips.

Throw them out you loving idiot.

This isn't a first world problem, this is a MisterBibs problem.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
You could also have gotten a small dip of some other variety, did it need to be onion? Is MrsBibs having Pregnancy cravings that only onion can.... hahahahahahaha can't even finish that sentence. The thought of MrBibs getting some is too much to bear. :haw:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

BioEnchanted posted:

You could also have gotten a small dip of some other variety, did it need to be onion?

:shrug: Onion dip is the only dip either of us like. If we bought other type, it'd just sit in the fridge until it went bad, and we're not a wasting-food sort of couple.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I bought too much fresh food and I don't know if I can finish it all before it goes bad.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
for the first time in months, I am compltely caught up on all my subscribed podcasts. I have nothing to listen to. I am in serious danger of being alone with my own thoughts

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have audiobooks for backup

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I use anime :shepface: Can't be alone with my thoughts If I'm perpetually a hundred episodes behind!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MisterBibs posted:

Finish the dip with toast.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Nah just scoop it up with your finger. Skip the excess calories.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Use a carrot

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Are we still talking about pb here?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Onion dip is disgusting

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
The drat upstairs toilet started leaking from the tap so I have to leave work early to get home for the plumber but i'm really loving busy and don't have the time to deal with this

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

So I got this tree I need to cut down in the little gap of land between my and my neighbour's houses. I borrowed a saw from a co-worker and I'm going to do it on Wednesday when I finally have a day off. I wake up today and my partner tells me that she came home today and found my neighbour drunkenly berating one of our housemates about how the tree is annoying and he's been trying to tell me to cut it down for years (he never talks to me). Both of them told him he needs to talk to me directly and eventually he wanders off.

I'm annoyed because I'm going to cut down this tree and he'll think that bugging them got the message to me and now he'll keep bugging them and never talking to me.

Neighbours! Bah!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I lost my (prescription) sunglasses. Rather sure I lost them at the theater, since I had them on walking there, took them off at the bar, and noticed they were gone when I walked out.

The ironic thing is that I've been slightly wanting new ones anyway, shape wise, but not like this.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Mid-late afternoon the sun catches a neighbour's window just right to shoot glare straight into my eyeballs. I have to strategically position my head to avoid it, and every time I move it gets me.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

Gitro posted:

Mid-late afternoon the sun catches a neighbour's window just right to shoot glare straight into my eyeballs. I have to strategically position my head to avoid it, and every time I move it gets me.

Just loving get up and park your rear end somewhere else. Goddamn.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Davinci posted:

Just loving get up and park your rear end somewhere else. Goddamn.

I could, but then I would not be in front of my computer, which was the thing I was using at the time.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Finally got to hang out with the kids I used to nanny for; we did an art day with stamp dominos and painting fidget spinners, etc. The girls are teenagers now. I started watching them when they were 2 and 3. And they are so insanely busy with synchro swim and school and other school and poo poo I rarely get to see them anymore. I used to watch them every Sunday for 2-4 years.

I did ask them yesterday if they were still cool with poo poo like movie days and art days, and they both insisted yes, because with Cowslips, all the junk food and fun times come. At their house, everything is super organic and healthy. I bring popcorn and candy and we bake cupcakes and poo poo. I mean, they're 13 and 14 but I know the time to do stuff with them and not look like a creeper is coming to an end, even with me being a family friend of their parents for over 10 years.

The main problem is, you always think you have enough time.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Gitro posted:

Get some heavy curtains and keep them drawn closed all day like a proper goon.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought new sunglasses, which were a lot cheaper than expected, and I like the frames I got.

The FWP is that I didn't notice the frame type I wanted to consider (round) until I was being rung up. Given that they were sealed behind glass, they were probably super expensive, but drat. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I ran out of toilet paper this morning. My options are "buy one single overpriced roll at the bodega on the way home" or "buy a couple of reasonably priced 12-packs at the grocery store & struggle dragging them home".

My other options are "stop off at my apartment & bring my shopping cart to the grocery store to make getting two 12-packs of toilet paper home" and "get only one 12-pack of toilet paper", but I don't feel like doing either. Once I'm inside my apartment after work, I'm in for the night.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The notifications on Netflix don't disappear if you click on the red notification icon or even if you click on the notification itself

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

I ran out of toilet paper this morning. My options are "buy one single overpriced roll at the bodega on the way home" or "buy a couple of reasonably priced 12-packs at the grocery store & struggle dragging them home".

My other options are "stop off at my apartment & bring my shopping cart to the grocery store to make getting two 12-packs of toilet paper home" and "get only one 12-pack of toilet paper", but I don't feel like doing either. Once I'm inside my apartment after work, I'm in for the night.

Just grab a roll from work

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

YeahTubaMike posted:

Don't you live in NYC? Have Amazon deliver that poo poo.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Kelp Me! posted:

Just grab a roll from work

I'm pretty sure the rolls are locked on there, but I'll see what I can do.

Noctone posted:

Don't you live in NYC? Have Amazon deliver that poo poo.

I do, but no. I'm not that bougie (yet?).

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

Once I'm inside my apartment after work, I'm in for the night.

This is me. I didnt have my mailbox key when I came home today, and now I am in my cozy apt and don't want to go back out into the terrible heat. But I might have mail...

Also, I ordered too many things from China and they are taking forever to cross the vast ocean.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It was really hot today and my store doesn't have air conditioning. I had to drink so much ice water.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Made a horrible mistake on Friday and ate a bunch of garlic rolls, then we had rice and teriyaki chicken at work. A few days and fiber pills later, my body has decided okay, it's all coming out....no it's not, yes it is, no, yes, noooooo get to the bathroom now and have the cats stare at you because they think you're passing a kidney stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I needed a place to stay tonight and am too cheap to pay for a campsite, I found a perfect spot but didn't have reception and I needed to check in with a friend. So I found another forestry road but it just went on and on and up and up and got rougher and rougher and sketchier and sketchier and now I'm about a kilometer above the highway on a lovely road next to a stream and stupidly googled 'can grizzlies break into vehicles' and I'm definitely going to get eaten by a grizzly tonight. If there's time I'll live post the process.

Also my lovely SUV bottomed out a few times and the exhaust is loose and making a loving racket and it has to last another ~7000km.