Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Martin O'Malley probably would have won tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

smrt homes and "internet of things" crap are good for if you get too bored with only your personal info and data being in danger of hacking and you want to put your physical well being on the line too just to spice things up a little, heck why not make it extra interesting and give your smart home items laughably bad cyber security too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SKULL.GIF posted:

I honestly can't think of the last time anyone I knew personally brought up Pruitt wrecking the EPA or DeVos burning education to the ground

It's all Russia all the time, maybe occasionally they'll talk healthcare or tax cuts

The Russia thing is a good non-election issue to maintain disapproval of the president as a figurehead, to later be used as a wedge issue but naturally the lanyards are just going to stay hung up on that and never actually try reaching people with a message that's relevant to them. Schools might be close to the kitchen table, but the EPA is gonna be real drat hard because the damage is invisible.

It's going to be hilarious seeing econ-message hawks trying to wander their way through whipping opposition to the likes of Perry in the DOE or even most of Devos' problems. Equality is a major casualty but that ain't gonna make ends meet even for the parents of rural gay kids getting bullied into suicide. Student loans are going to be met with "yeah that's a fact of life now" and charter schools are about as relevant to rurals as housing inventory in desirable metros.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i forgot

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHXc9lhMcKg

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Vertical Lime posted:

mom would have won

:omarcomin:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/WayneDavid81/status/879049821386100736

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/879408958699700224

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

sexpig by night posted:

I can't afford one in any loving way but I'm kinda into 'smart homes' purely because I'm a big dumb star trek nerd who yes would enjoy walking into a room and saying 'lights on' and poo poo like I'm fuckin Kirk.

I have one and it's really loving cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Matt and Trey are trust fund babies who grew up and thought money and toilet humor gave them a cutting insight into politics.

If Trump doesn't go down then nothing really does matter countrywise. We're pretty much up for grabs if you can buy off the Republicans or beat other countries to hack our system. By all rights if a president had to go down hard for this and possibly face a firing squad to keep the barest illusion of being an actual country, it should be Trump. And it very well might be considering how much of a waste he is.

I still think that at the end of this, we will be a wreck of a country that will violently lurch to the Left. But we'll see.
Nothing will matter. There will be no collapse, no consequences, no lurch. Things will get worse for minorities and the poor and the rest of America will not care.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

it turns out hrc was a real bad candidate

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

alnilam posted:

smrt homes and "internet of things" crap are good for if you get too bored with only your personal info and data being in danger of hacking and you want to put your physical well being on the line too just to spice things up a little, heck why not make it extra interesting and give your smart home items laughably bad cyber security too

cyber security that can never and will never be updated to cover new and exciting exploits! the future is wonderful!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I started posting on the one after 9-O-9

edit: goddamnit

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I work with tech for a living and I want as much of my life to be as analog as possible. I only have a car that unlocks via keyfob now because they don't make them any other way anymore

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
george w bush did this page

hot

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

If Trump doesn't go down then nothing really does matter countrywise. We're pretty much up for grabs if you can buy off the Republicans or beat other countries to hack our system. By all rights if a president had to go down hard for this and possibly face a firing squad to keep the barest illusion of being an actual country, it should be Trump. And it very well might be considering how much of a waste he is.

I still think that at the end of this, we will be a wreck of a country that will violently lurch to the Left. But we'll see.
what you said :agreed:

donny and his collaborators deserve justice, regardless of the politics of the situation. you can't just commit the biggest attack on american values ever and walk away.

well you can, but you shouldn't be able to.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

it turns out hrc was a real bad candidate

trump was a better candidate than everyone else was the real issue

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

alnilam posted:

yea bitch it's 2017 gently caress it let's get spicy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
never forget

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dairy Days posted:

that poo poo isnt in russia how could you not know this

the ukraine has always been soviet, tovarisch

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just a reminder that a very significant number of "smart" enabled devices have their firmware/root passwords burned onto the chip and are unable to be changed which directly led to their ability to be easily hacked and used to essentially turn off the internet on the east coast multiple times.

lol "smart"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hack my fuckin stove to explode while I make stir-fry in my underwear at 2 am, give me something

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

i forgot

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

page :911:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

The corpse of FDR could have won

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nothing will matter. There will be no collapse, no consequences, no lurch. Things will get worse for minorities and the poor and the rest of America will not care.

yeah, I doubt a left lurch happens, but I hope I'm wrong

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

I work with tech for a living and I want as much of my life to be as analog as possible. I only have a car that unlocks via keyfob now because they don't make them any other way anymore

analog is always superior to digital

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

my refrigerator is ddosing some fool right now and hell I'm glad about it

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nichael posted:

you can't just commit the biggest attack on american values ever and walk away.

American values like making sure votes matter and not being able to buy elections.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ACLUTx/status/879394164936519680

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
911 made us the country we are today

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

magiccarpet posted:

if the south park guys were cool and good they'd use their magic flash compputers to render out each day's camera-less press briefing

but no they gave us douche and turd sandwich so gently caress them

Matt and Trey are garbage pieces of poo poo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

put your juicero on the network so you can cyber-juice

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

American values like making sure votes matter and not being able to buy elections.

american values don't have to actually exist :ssh:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dairy Days posted:

that poo poo isnt in russia how could you not know this

[extremely Louise Mensch voice]

actually it is in Russia

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nichael posted:

yeah, I doubt a left lurch happens, but I hope I'm wrong
As things get worse, economically, America will move to the right.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Good thing Abbott isn't planning to take a stand against them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gringostar posted:

analog is always superior to digital

I don't have the ears to distinguish whatever it is that makes analog superior to a well-encoded digital track and, unlike what I suspect is most, do not have the patience to pretend I do anyway.

I grew up with a huge fuckin CD binder and having to manually burn CDs to get any kind of easy mix, gimme all that sweet sweet streaming and digital audio player goodness to hell with everything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
TODAY IN PRESIDENT TWEET HISTORY!!!

https://twitter.com/potus44/status/614435467120001024

https://twitter.com/potus44/status/614552886731780097

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/879317636164841474

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/879320905608044544

• Locked thread