Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nichael posted:

Melania did everything in her power to stop Donny, like purposefully bombing a convention speech with obvious plagiarism.

Michelle Obama rolled out "when they go low, we go high", which likely doomed humanity.

Kind of seems like a toss up to me.

Michelle Obama also tried to spare a bunch of Americans early mortality with childhood obesity, so that's another knock against her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Jazerus posted:

put your juicero on the network so you can cyber-juice

*types furiously with green terminal text reflected on my glasses*

*gruff voice* I'm in

*finger hovers over enter key*

>./make_juice |

"Hang on to your butts"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Lol please have the GOP pull the self-own of having the CBO run the numbers on even a basic "Medicare for All" buy-in plan.

I mean replacing medicare/medicaid/fed employee/ACA-related subsidies with something that massively expands the Medicare/Medicaid risk pools is undoubtedly going to cut those costs, allowing people to buy in backs up the added cost of care for new enrollees, the only downside, I guess, would be that they'd have to enforce the "all or none" aspect of patient acceptance (like currently rear end in a top hat docs refuse medicaid patients but not medicare) and then kill the doc fix so that reimbursements can fall to reasonable levels. Those would probably piss off the shitters in the doc lobby something fierce but who knows, maybe the hospital lobby and large insurers looking to win the claims processing contracts will outweigh them. AARP would probably be all for an expansion of medicare benefits too.

The NRA would find a way to work guns into it like saying dat blood gummit gonna make gun deaths a public health issue if they're stuck with the costs of care (as though they weren't already paying for lots of GSW's :jerkbag:)

Various orgs like individual states Nurses Associations are for it.

But from what I've read, of course there are immediate downsides when you implement single-payer. Cutting out insurance companies for example will immediately zero out the Potemkin Village-like efforts by the various medical industries, doctors, and the govt to hide costs from consumers. It will necesitate higher taxers on citizens, and require the deletion of health care credits and deductions people have gotten very used to, and require an immeditate appropriation of hundreds of billions of dollars.

I personally believe it's the only solution to skyrocketing health care costs and the most humane and sensible path forward, but thinking that it will not take a lot of careful planning, costs, and a lot of mad people will just lead to another Vermont.

edit: California alone would have cost an infusion of 400 billion depending on which study you look at.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/879413297098969088

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
160 years ago literally on this day, Abe Lincoln heard about the Dred Scott case and, fully aware of the legal ramifications, said that's bullshit.

Today, Trump heard about the travel ban stay and, completely unaware of how anything of anything works, drank a coke and screamed yay as he poo poo himself.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

pathetic little tramp posted:

Seriously, this whole "teach coal miners to code" attitude is dumb. You can teach someone C++, but if they don't know how to think logically, they're not actually coding.

this is why 100% of real coders are atheists and also MRAs

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jazerus posted:

put your juicero on the network so you can cyber-juice

The Juicero will only work on a network so it can re-order Juicero brand juice bags

Argh it literally doesn't do anything

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

160 years ago literally on this day, Abe Lincoln heard about the Dred Scott case and, fully aware of the legal ramifications, said that's bullshit.

Today, Trump heard about the travel ban stay and, completely unaware of how anything of anything works, drank a coke and screamed yay as he poo poo himself.

Legacy of Lincoln...

League of Legends...

Dota???\

I don't know where I'm going with this but I think this is huge if true

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

mormonpartyboat posted:

dont let your trust fund babies grow up

:yooge:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
> Access main program
> Access main security
> Access main program grid

PLEASE! God drat it! I hate this hacker crap!!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I honestly can't think of the last time anyone I knew personally brought up Pruitt wrecking the EPA or DeVos burning education to the ground

It's all Russia all the time, maybe occasionally they'll talk healthcare or tax cuts

There's news about it, articles are written if you look for them. But, it's not sexy news like Russia. Plus, the influence of Russian money may actually lead to something; Congress is actually looking at it and that's a feat in itself. There's too much smoke to totally ignore it, even if it leads nowhere. And although we can complain about it, there's not a drat thing that can be done about Pruitt or DeVos wrecking the bureaucracy.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lmao donald trump

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

no "run" option; voted 1

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i can't wait until all national parks are sold off to fracking companies

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

woahhh

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

:yooge:

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Admiral Ray posted:

i can't wait until all national parks are sold off to fracking companies

cant wait for yellowstone to get triggered by a fracking incident and also the following collapse of western civilization

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Al! posted:

the art and sound and writing for that game were amazing, too bad about the gameplay though

i remember it being really hard to get a positive budget so i just cheated

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i was also young and bad at video games so its fully possible it was actually the easiest game ever

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Schnorkles posted:

i was also young and bad at video games so its fully possible it was actually the easiest game ever

I'm still bad at video games now that I'm old

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

murked by dragon posted:

this is why 100% of real coders are atheists and also MRAs

don't forget soylent lovers

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm still bad at video games now that I'm old

heh

scrub

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm watching the Strain and some lady did a hack and basically turned off the internet and cell phones except in cases where needed for plot lmao

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Trump is entirely the product of binging on foxnews for the last 8 years. oBAMAaaaaa

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
My favourite game as a kid as long as we're talking video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW_OPdbnvgY

it is sadly not being included on the newly announced SNES classic.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So basically we need a new party

I'll do the website.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

murked by dragon posted:

cant wait [...] to get triggered by [...] the [...] collapse of western civilization

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:thunk:
https://twitter.com/bykowicz/status/879391938209861632

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

brugroffil posted:

no, it wasn't a full ruling or anything like that. it was an agreement to hear the case and lift parts of the injunctions on the ban but leave other parts in place

ok, i did know that they were doing the full ruling in the fall (oct?) but the milk zone + the mmedia + trump was making me think RBG said "actually the partial ban is good". also im an idiot easily allured by the succ

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

lmao going after the superconservative

although trump probably just wants to cuck cruz some more

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Vertical Lime posted:

lmao going after the superconservative

although trump probably just wants to cuck cruz some more

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/879416661069230081

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

zegermans posted:

The Juicero will only work on a network so it can re-order Juicero brand juice bags

Argh it literally doesn't do anything

I tried explaining Juicero to a friend of mine yesterday afternoon while watching the game. He's a diesel tech so pretty smart, but he couldn't wrap his head around needing wifi to make juice with a machine that costs $700

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

remember when donny vowed to campaign against cruz and kasich in all future elections if he lost 2016? lol

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
my coffee maker is posting pepe memes and calling me a cuck.
and I think my blinds have me on ignore.
:smithcloud:

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

When is everyone, including people here, going to figure out that people who support and vote for the GOP and Trump are perfectly OK with this.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I tried explaining Juicero to a friend of mine yesterday afternoon while watching the game. He's a diesel tech so pretty smart, but he couldn't wrap his head around needing wifi to make juice with a machine that costs $700

Did you tell him about the part where your hands work just as well?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Reality Winner posted:

Trump is entirely the product of binging on foxnews for the last 8 years. oBAMAaaaaa

hi Barry don't sign your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

radical meme posted:

When is everyone, including people here, going to figure out that people who support and vote for the GOP and Trump are perfectly OK with this.

you need to either get left people to vote (lol) or convince right people that they're massive cucks for a daddy's boy fat predisent

• Locked thread