Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm the thumbs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

a bone to pick posted:

this is what a youtube meltdown looks like

I am and will always be blown away by how unaware people are. Like this dude, what is he think is going to happen besides people ripping into him? How can someone be so unaware?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

a bone to pick posted:

this is what a youtube meltdown looks like

"Hey, I get it, the movie sucks and you don't want to watch it. But can you go loving see it already and tell me that it sucks, please?"

reignofevil posted:

I'm the thumbs up.

Please don't encourage them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

oohhboy posted:

???? what are you getting at?

Maggie Gylennhall.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/redlettermedia/realtime

Lol.

They're still gaining hundreds of subs daily, those whiny pissbabies aren't gonna make a single dent.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmaoooo they really did a plinkett review

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Transformers the phantom menace is the most disappointing thing since those hacks Mike and Gay wouldn't review Transformers 5.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a bone to pick posted:

The whole screen junkies crew is just the bizarro versions of the RLM crew

from left to right we have Bizarro Rich, Bizarro Jack, Bizarro Mike, Bizarro Jay, Bizarro Josh, and Bizarro Jessie

also friggin :chanpop: at this

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler
lmao they truly hate us

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I just don't get how people can watch RLM and not understand what they're going for with these videos.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm the 57 minutes of spooky slowed down transformers sounds.
I also might be a confused chinese.

Has anyone sped up the voices to see if there's any hidden EASTER EGGS?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Yeah it's pretty shocking that after so many years, the fans are actually upset at these videos.

No, like legitimately upset

Someone at home clicked the funny video and furrowed their brows and then left an angry comment and a downvote.
These people are real somehow, and there's thousands of them

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

a bone to pick posted:

from left to right we have Bizarro Rich, Bizarro Jack, Bizarro Mike, Bizarro Jay, Bizarro Josh, and Bizarro Jessie

And they are also a Bizarro Seinfeld crew. Newman, Bania, Jerry, Kramer, George, Elaine. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
These videos are pretty much the best possible outcome, I don't get how anyone can be mad at them.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

MayaProject52 minutes ago
gently caress off Jay.

:qq:

Lunchabully
Jul 20, 2003
Pillbug
lmao at all the comments threatening to unsubscribe

this is the funniest thing RLM's done in months

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Fartbox posted:

Yeah it's pretty shocking that after so many years, the fans are actually upset at these videos.

No, like legitimately upset

Someone at home clicked the funny video and furrowed their brows and then left an angry comment and a downvote.
These people are real somehow, and there's thousands of them

The type of person who would be upset by this is magnitudes more likely to be the type who comments on YouTube videos, so the butthurt segment is likely way over-represented in the comments.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
they literally did the exact same poo poo with Rogue One, youtube commenters are just terminally retarded

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

a bone to pick posted:

"Where's the sixth person? Doesn't matter doesn't matter. Alright, you in the center. Come forward a bit and just stand casually. Hmmm. No, that's not gonna work. Maybe...pretend like you're holding something. Like a big box or a person...no not like that, that's not gonna...gently caress it, we're on a schedule."

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I can never quite put into words why rlm always feels "different" and just more fun than other youtube movie-talk channels. and then every so often I re-realize, it's their complete disregard and sometimes contempt for their own viewers lol

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zmej posted:

I can never quite put into words why rlm always feels "different" and just more fun than other youtube movie-talk channels. and then every so often I re-realize, it's their complete disregard and sometimes contempt for their own viewers lol

They don't suck up to studios for swag and screenings.

They don't suck up to other youtubers and will openly blast them.

They don't suck up to fans and will double down on negative reactions.

RLM is about as punk as a bunch of fat dorks bitching about nerd poo poo can be.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm curious to know what the super slowed down speaking is. Can anyone with some audio software speed it up and decode it?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Zmej posted:

It's absolutely the contempt for their viewers, as well as their lack of shilling movies in exchange for early-access or first-viewing stuff.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Not for nothin, seeing the first one, I would've enjoyed a HitB with Canadians more than a joke. But there's really no higher calling than making youtube people upset, so I'm all for it.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

A Handed Missus posted:

MayaProject52 minutes ago
gently caress off Jay.

:qq:

He's right that this is absolutely something Jay thought up. But it's also one of the funniest things they've done since A Very Cannon Christmas.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

They don't suck up to studios for swag and screenings.

They don't suck up to other youtubers and will openly blast them.

They don't suck up to fans and will double down on negative reactions.

RLM is about as punk as a bunch of fat dorks bitching about nerd poo poo can be.

Someone itt aptly described them as "nerd counter-culture."

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

A lot of nerds I know IRL really don't like RLM and claim it's because "it's all rape jokes and racism, no thanks" but I think it's more that they are the exact eager target audience for poo poo like collide. They want their nerd movies and video game reviews and pre-hype to be nerd-culture affirming celebrations They're the sort that loves everything, every new game is great, every new nerd movie is great, they're soooo pumped about upcoming nerd movie #67 and this upcoming video game with billions of stars and planets you can explore and fly around in spaceships is going to be the BEST GAME EVER.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nerds are loving scum

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Baronjutter posted:

A lot of nerds I know IRL really don't like RLM and claim it's because "it's all rape jokes and racism, no thanks" but I think it's more that they are the exact eager target audience for poo poo like collide. They want their nerd movies and video game reviews and pre-hype to be nerd-culture affirming celebrations They're the sort that loves everything, every new game is great, every new nerd movie is great, they're soooo pumped about upcoming nerd movie #67 and this upcoming video game with billions of stars and planets you can explore and fly around in spaceships is going to be the BEST GAME EVER.

Yeah, it's not difficult to connect the dots between these people growing up outsiders, a subculture emerging that caters to them and suggests that they are part of something bigger and then backlash when reality intrudes and tells them that they still fundamentally are outside the cultural mainstream.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
RLM gave me everything I wanted. Thank you.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nerds are loving scum

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Teikanmi posted:

I'm curious to know what the super slowed down speaking is. Can anyone with some audio software speed it up and decode it?

it's audio from the transformers 5 trailer

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Nerds are loving scum

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

1500quidporsche posted:

Yeah, it's not difficult to connect the dots between these people growing up outsiders, a subculture emerging that caters to them and suggests that they are part of something bigger and then backlash when reality intrudes and tells them that they still fundamentally are outside the cultural mainstream.

It's weird, I showed one big nerd who had a lot of criticisms about R1 their R1 video and he got really defensive straight away. "Why are they making fun of people for liking starwars or knowing what an AT-AT is??? Wow this is really insulting to any starwars fan. What, a starwars movie can't use any of the same ships or vehicles or these assholes will call it pandering??" he felt personally attacked by the video. He ended it by saying that he didnt really like R1 but he's going to love it now just to piss off these cynical assholes.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 26, 2017

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nerds are loving scum

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Baronjutter posted:

It's weird, I showed one big nerd who had a lot of criticisms about R1 their R1 video and he got really defensive straight away. "Why are they making fun of people for liking starwars or knowing what an AT-AT is??? Wow this is really insulting to any starwars fan. What, a starwars movie can't use any of the same ships or vehicles or these assholes will call it pandering??" he felt personally attacked by the video.

Remember that many nerds make their nerdy obsession part of their whole nerdy personality. Of course they get angry.

P.S.

Nerds are loving scum

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bring back bullying.

priznat posted:

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Since being a nerd/geek is a trendy choice, what should the actual ostracized kids with bad hygiene/social skills be called?

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

vermin posted:

Since being a nerd/geek is a trendy choice, what should the actual ostracized kids with bad hygiene/social skills be called?

goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Actually goons are handsome and cool.

• Locked thread