Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

a helpful bear posted:

aliens in the future: it appears the leaders of this section of the world forgot entirely what govt is supposed to do and embraced something... wait im getting a fragment off of this disk... it says, "lol nothing matters?"

*plugs lolnothingmatters into the cipher key field, trump's rear end appears on screen*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gringostar posted:

what part of they want to make it an initiative do you not understand?

Maybe it's the part where people continue to vote for democrats, because they have a super-majority, have passed this legislation before, and literally promised this as part of their party platform.

Oh I guess because the only other option is republicans?

Not good enough anymore.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
haha none of this would be happening if the people who voted obama just sucked it up and voted hillary

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

deadgoon posted:

shoot more people in the rear end & dick

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shoot their asses! Blast their poles! Gun them bums and plug their holes!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/879439196062175232

ACTING

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If we really pass a an upper-crust-only tax cut that's going to cause 15 million people to lose health insurance NEXT loving YEAR I might just start looking into moving to Canada. That's just nuts.
and to think congress under reagan did this several dozen times across the course of his presidency alone

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i think trump just likes 100%. like when other countries have tariffs of exactly 100%.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Dairy Days posted:

(expected - actual / expected) * 100
bing boing

White House math:
Hindsight is 1.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SO. MUCH. CONCERN.

*votes yes*

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I think we should invent a way to produce energy from Republican Senators being CONCERNED so we can use it to power the entire grid by the end of Trump's presidency.

https://twitter.com/DomenicoNPR/status/879439027837042688

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

fits my needs posted:

Redhatter: why didn't they just comply with what the officer was saying? maybe they were getting paid by Soros? looks kinda fake newsy too. I'll rely on Fox who are fair and balanced

fox news: hero cop valiantly defends himself from leftist attack

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Joementum posted:

I think we should invent a way to produce energy from Republican Senators being CONCERNED so we can use it to power the entire grid by the end of Trump's presidency.

plutonium

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/879411199934443520

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So going by the CBO's track record of underestimating the uninsured, the ACHA will be even worse than what they reported. Thanks for the heads up White House!

Wait...loving what?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

fox news: hero cop valiantly defends himself from leftist attack

this is exactly why we shoudln't allow peopel to film cops!!!!!!!!!

right, leggy blonde?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Joementum posted:

Kind of unbelievable that they might actually have 50 votes for this.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHol/status/879436699646009345

Ahahahaha, gently caress you employed american earning a living wage at a job with benefits! Take a pay cut you lazy piece of poo poo! Go get a second full time job.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CBO score still won't matter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is good news for people who think the country and planet have an overpopulation problem, because this is definitely going to take care of that

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Pelosi, Schumer, & The Bad Dems

what would their first single be? No Time for "Purity" Tests?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GobiasIndustries posted:

what the loving gently caress :(

people with disabilities are some of the most poo poo-upon in society

the ADA was a huge step forward for us but the current situation is still really terrible

I have it better off than most (I'm "only" Deaf, which means I get to be socially ostracized and shut out, and incredibly more likely to be shot dead by police) but the employment rates for disabled Americans are a loving joke and how the police treat us is even worse

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Nite Crew recreates the St. Valentine's Day Massacre but to shoot a guy's rear end in a top hat specifically

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I am now concerned about the healthcare bill

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Can we talk about what 100% means?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"Amused to Death" is a surprising apt album for this situation despite it having been released 25 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz65-1wXoLY

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
and this is how it passes because they're all fuckheads
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/879439346893557760

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

My favorite part of this is that the boomer dipshits who early retired are going to have their premiums go up 500% with all of this. Good job voting Trump!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

He's concerned because he thought it would kill more people.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

This is good news for people who think the country and planet have an overpopulation problem, because this is definitely going to take care of that
nah just this country

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

lmao

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
the people in the wheelchairs are going to die under this legislation anyways, might as well strap a bomb to their chairs and blow up the capital

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/879439766579683328

#wealthcare

#resist

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Martin Random posted:

Maybe it's the part where people continue to vote for democrats, because they have a super-majority, have passed this legislation before, and literally promised this as part of their party platform.

Not good enough anymore.

nice job completely ignoring the actual important parts of my post where i laid out ~why~ it's that way, specifically implementing the non-regressive tax that will happen as part of single payer

CA dems actually got smart to the idea of using the initiative system to raise taxes outside of regressive as gently caress ones since no one can run "this dude raised your taxes, vote for me and i'll lower them and give you a unicorn" that has always worked for republicans here for decades and continues to work across the US to this day

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

they're going to :ohdear: this until they add some token amendment that makes this negligibly less awful and then vote yes enthusiastically; approval numbers for the bill will increase as Republicans fall in line because they see libs getting owned as they lose their own health care.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Martin Random posted:

Not good enough anymore.

they said as the orange nazi took power

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

hwhweihawh wowww

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ive never not trusted a gavin

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Joementum posted:

my thoughts and prayers are with his concerns

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
perhaps the smug "please dont talk about politics" parts of my family that stick their heads in the sand will be happy to hear how their family is going to be hosed out of health insurance

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also suck zone is that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Reality Winner posted:

im blown away by that off by more than 100% thing. it doesnt remotely make sense.

It's because the people running the country right now are really loving stupid.

• Locked thread