Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It was cool the way Lee went from bottom guard to choking Chiesa out in a couple of minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

♫ he's a dumbass... [Spooky Halloween voice]he is a huge dumbass he's a dumbass it was a pr smash
:margeball: :itwaspoo:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I only read summaries of a few fights, did someone poop?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

EmmyOk posted:

I only read summaries of a few fights, did someone poop?

Felice Herrig got Justine Kish in a RNC

instead of tapping, Kish chose the warrior's path and poo poo everywhere

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
It also lead to a lot of internet CSI work to determine that it was in fact poo.

Also, the world got robbed when Hendricks got TKO'd near, but not in the poo.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
i don't bet on mma but boetsch was probably a good guy to bet on because johny is fat and dumb and like half a foot shorter

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

1st AD posted:

i don't bet on mma but boetsch was probably a good guy to bet on because johny is fat and dumb and like half a foot shorter

Yes, yes it was a good bet.

Mario hosed me out of possibly getting money off Chiesa, too.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

I don't think Michael Chiesa was going to last another 40 seconds in that palm to palm choke, don't blame old heart hands.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Want to talk some unprofessional poo poo, how about having the main event winner get poo poo on by Tony Ferguson as an analyst. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aCvHvllIrY&t=25s

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Ferguson was saying weird poo poo the whole time he was on

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Ferguson was a loving weird choice to be an analyst. He's smart but doesn't speak like a guy behind a desk. Anyone know where I can cop his frosted blue sunglasses btw

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Ferguson is God awful as an analyst. I don't even know how he got that gig. Do they not screen test them at all?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

He wasn't even doing analysis he just went out there and tried to fluff himself up. What a mess.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Scrapez posted:

Ferguson is God awful as an analyst. I don't even know how he got that gig. Do they not screen test them at all?

in the past maybe Lorenzo and Dana would keep poo poo like this from happening, but in the WME world they have no idea what the gently caress they're doing.

Hendo needs to unretire so he can swirlie Ari Gold or some poo poo.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Why would you even want his goblin rear end face on TV spookin' all the little kids and what not.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Currently Conor McGregor is spending his riches on a pyramid to be buried in after his boxing career and the number two contender is mythological Russian figure Baba Yaga, so with Tony Ferguson the clear de facto number one lightweight, I suspect the idea for WME was to have him trash talk the winner of Chiesa-Lee who they were hoping would be a viable challenger in the near future. I think it backfired terribly and didn't really work in any context of hyping a theoretical fight, but I am choosing to believe that's what the thought process was.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

wilderthanmild posted:

It also lead to a lot of internet CSI work to determine that it was in fact poo.

If it wasn't poo, what the hell were the other options??

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Derrick Lewis on the MMA hour says he's not really for real retired, just sore and injured, and he'll be back in the octagon eventually.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Gay Horney posted:

Anyone know where I can cop his frosted blue sunglasses btw

I think those are Dillons: http://www.dillonoptics.com/shop/metal-frames.html

Bluedeanie posted:

the number two contender is mythological Russian figure Baba Yaga, so with Tony Ferguson the clear de facto number one lightweight

But the fans still want Baba Yaga vs El Cucuy.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

same on both but I seriously doubt Chiesa was getting out of that - Mario would have been better off sating his blood lust in this case

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

evobatman posted:

If it wasn't poo, what the hell were the other options??

Pee or blood.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1st AD posted:

i would take a bet that johny is the least likely to poo poo in the octagon

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

wilderthanmild posted:

Pee or blood.

I never understood how anyone thought that was pee, if your pee is poo poo brown you need to go to a doctor

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Very strenuous weight cutting can cause your kidneys to do weird poo poo or not work at all.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Gay Horney posted:

Ferguson was a loving weird choice to be an analyst. He's smart
:staredog:/[Citation Needed]

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Tony Ferguson is a belligerent drunk who accused a guy who was having custody issues of being a deadbeat dad because of his own daddy issues. That he's weird as an analyst should've been a given.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i would take a bet that johny is the least likely to poo poo in the octagon

heh

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Even if I had the most possible amount of warrior spirit I'd probably still rather be one of hundreds who tapped on TV than risk going out and my body relaxing and being one of the select few who peed and or pooped myself on TV.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The PPV that was tentatively planned in August (for MM vs TJ) has been cancelled. There will be no PPV in August, not counting the McGregor Mayweather freakshow.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

TheRationalRedditor posted:

:staredog:/[Citation Needed]

I don't mean he's an ivy league scholar but he is cunning and very perceptive

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Kevin Lee is really good

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Gay Horney posted:

I don't mean he's an ivy league scholar but he is cunning and very perceptive
he's brilliant in the octagon but nearly every single time he's gotten mic/screentime outside of it (re: tuf) has been tragic

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Black Beast already unretired

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/26/15876592/derrick-lewis-decides-against-retirement-it-was-just-heat-of-the-moment

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Kevin Lee is really good

He's cool and should fight barboza

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko posted:

He's cool and should fight barboza

that would be a cool fight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Skip My Posts posted:

cody ducked that retarded guy

got confused by this for a second cuz cody is himself retarded

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

kevin lee came off to me as really straighforward and arvoxates for himself in a pretty reasonable manner. i havent seen much of him before this fight--is there a reason people dont like him?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Cyber Dog posted:

kevin lee came off to me as really straighforward and arvoxates for himself in a pretty reasonable manner. i havent seen much of him before this fight--is there a reason people dont like him?

He's black.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

People don't not like him. They just don't give poo poo about him.

Also Weidmans last victory was 25 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Good. He has a 25% chance of becoming a champion once Stipe gets old and washed up, which is any day now going by UFC HW champion history

• Locked thread