Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Jose posted:

you should never marry before you've lived together

100% this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I'm the most non-jealous guy around but if my gf had a photo of herself with some other dude on her cell phone, I'd ask her to remove it. And if she insisted to keep it, that would be a big problem.

Unless there are like a dozen people on that photo.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If someone cheated on their ex with you, it's almost guaranteed they will cheat on you. I don't understand what thinking would ever make you not think that's inevitable.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I don't live in the Great White North, and it sounds like what they did was bad. That said, I can't help but think that a Starlight Tour, when conditions are not life threatening, is the perfect way to deal with what would otherwise be charged as a drunk and disorderly misdemeanor.
Way back before I was old enough to get in trouble that would justify a "Long Walk," if the police caught some teen doing something he or she wasn't supposed to be doing (as long as no property damage or other significant problems were evident), they'd be given a choice. We can go back to the station, I can file a report, it'll be on your record, tomorrow the DJ on the local radio will tell the whole town you hosed up, and it'll also be in the newspaper. If you don't want to be labelled a miscreant, I can take your keys and wallet and we'll go for a drive, then you'll go for a Long Walk, and you'll think about what you did.

It was about ten miles on an old, rarely-used blacktop road. You'd ride out in silence, he'd tell you you could pick your keys and stuff up at the police station when you got back to town, and nobody had to know what happened. It inevitably happened at night, and the few old farmers that still used the road only did so during the day. You weren't in the middle of nowhere, as the road was straight and only went back to town one way, and to a tiny, tiny township the other way (good luck waking up an elderly resident and asking for a ride at 2:00 in the morning), so you had no choice. Plus, you had to haul rear end if you wanted to keep this hidden from your parents, because if the sun came up and you hadn't reached the police station, they'd just mail the stuff from your pockets right to your house, and the cat would be out of the bag.

So you'd take the Walk. I really only know about it because one of my aunts did it--she was drinking with some other teens behind an old, abandoned grocery store and everybody ran when they saw headlights. She was evidently the slowest, and my grandpa was a notoriously angry drunkard, so him finding out was a worst case scenario.

So, was this bad? On the one hand, nobody got hurt, just had to walk or jog ten miles on flat, even pavement. On the other, the police were acting as the jury and judge, and that poo poo is separate for a reason. It's one thing to toss someone in the drunk tank and let them sleep it off in county lockup without charging them, and quite another to dole out unconventional punishment as a law enforcement officer. Why not just take them home and wake up the parents and explain what the kid was doing? You're not doing anyone any favors by agreeing to ignore what they did if they walk for a couple hours.

loquacius posted:

My boyfriend is autistic af
How long did you date and not notice something like this? Had you not watched movies together before? Or at least stayed over at each other's apartments for the night?

The first year of marriage is when the foundation of the relationship is cured and you work on filing away the imperfections and rough edges to ensure a good fit. Normally, both parties are happy to put the work in because they're elated that they found each other, but it sounds like you're getting zilch out of him as far as effort or compromise. The fact that you suggested a way for both of you to enjoy something he enjoys so much and he shot you down with the most immature manbaby response possible is a big ol' pile of red flags. If you keep bending in an effort to fix things and he doesn't even try, you're gonna end up miserable before the end of your first year (if you're not already). Do you really want to spend the rest of your life like this? Being called a oval office by your husband (during the first months of the marriage? jfc)? Sleeping alone? Constantly being disappointed that nothing you do satisfies him and that he's essentially in a common law marriage with video games?

My gut says he's just there because you let him gently caress you and don't push back too hard when he does poo poo you don't like. Counseling and/or treatment may help but I'm sorry to say he sounds like a garbage person you're better off without.

loquacius posted:

My boyfriend's female coworker

Yeop, you're done. The screaming klaxon announcing that fact is "he's so lucky to have you." You only say that poo poo to another girl when either she's stayed by her terminally-ill partner for months and watched him deteriorate slowly, supporting him all the while, or when you're loving someone's man. And your boyfriend ain't dyin'.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
Get a Mistress Dispeller

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Son of Man posted:

yo grandpa molester goon

everyone in your family is subhuman garbage, not just grandpa. they allowed their own children to continue being molested to avoid possible embarrassment. maybe you're a piece of poo poo too because you seem to think this is understandable. don't have children.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Doctor Malaver posted:

I'm the most non-jealous guy around but if my gf had a photo of herself with some other dude on her cell phone, I'd ask her to remove it. And if she insisted to keep it, that would be a big problem.

Unless there are like a dozen people on that photo.

What about her scrapbook? How does that differ from phone pics? She had a good memory of some guys that aren't you, most un-jealous one?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

So you'd take the Walk...

So, was this bad? ...

Yes, it's bad. The law was not set up to allow punishments to be conjured up by policemen. How many innocent people had to take the Walk? How many were injured or killed because of it?

We'll never know, because there's no paperwork.

If the police officer can make you walk 10 miles, they can let you off with a verbal warning just as easily.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

syscall girl posted:

What about her scrapbook? How does that differ from phone pics? She had a good memory of some guys that aren't you, most un-jealous one?

I think by "on her phone" people are meaning as the wallpaper.

Otherwise it's pretty irrational unless we are talking nudes.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

RFC2324 posted:

I think by "on her phone" people are meaning as the wallpaper.

Otherwise it's pretty irrational unless we are talking nudes.

Oh yeah. Wallpaper would be heck of weird

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Oh yeah. Wallpaper would be heck of weird

that was the case in the fesh too

And honestly I don't know why you'd even pull that move unless you're not mentally invested in your current relationship anymore. Of course your girlfriend isn't gonna like it if she sees that, and she's probably gonna see your phone screen at some point

quote:

A girl and I recently stopped seeing each other because she said my dong wasn't big enough for her.

This has happened with three girls in a row.

It's a little over 5 inches long and around, which is supposed to be around average? My confession is I'm going to try and give 2D a shot and join MGTOW

Jeez, she couldn't even think of a less awful reason to tell you as an excuse huh

Welp take some me-time to get past it, certainly, but please stay away from toxic Internet philosophies tia

quote:

I am a really lonely guy and always have been. I would say I've had 3 friends in my whole life, and none of them in the last 4 or 5 years. Things finally changed for me.

I was walking in the park and found some people LARPing, which is an activity I used to enjoy quite a bit when I had friends to do it with. So I went up and asked if I could join them. They were hesitant at first but I showed that I knew my stuff, and we ended up having a really good time. I was invited back and have been LARPing with everyone for a few weeks now. That led to us getting food together, hanging out together, and becoming friends.

However, there is an issue and one I haven't told them about yet. I'm a 34 year old man, and I didn't realize it at first, but they're a bit younger than me. High school kids on summer vacation. I have a bit of a baby face and I'm pudgy, and I guess they just figured I was in their age group?

We are getting really close and, honestly, I'm starting to get romantic feelings for one of the girls (she is 18). I don't know if this is just due to me finally having friends again or if it is a valid attraction, though. Is it inappropriate to hang out with people a few years younger than me?

I dunno, that reads to me as creepy, but if they're ok with it there's no reason you shouldn't be. Find a way to drop it in conversation and see what their reaction is I guess :shrug:

(also: please do not creep on that poor teenage girl)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

syscall girl posted:

every time you post it's like you're so close to understanding normal human interactions but you fly off the handle and post like a brain damaged special needs clown instead, hope this helps you in the future

changing the wallpaper on your phone to be of someone other than you SO is weird as gently caress and your lil "most un-jealous one" eye-rolling is really dumb. you're really dumb. post better.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

food court bailiff posted:

every time you post it's like you're so close to understanding normal human interactions but you fly off the handle and post like a brain damaged special needs clown instead, hope this helps you in the future

changing the wallpaper on your phone to be of someone other than you SO is weird as gently caress and your lil "most un-jealous one" eye-rolling is really dumb. you're really dumb. post better.

Yeah I can't actually manage to read the feshes in question so I play off of peoples reaction posts

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Yeah I can't actually manage to read the feshes in question so I play off of peoples reaction posts

lol just lol if you can be assed to read a post

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Please don't let that first guy's attempt to start a dick size derail where everyone posts their stats succeed.

Second guy, 16 years is not "a few years younger". Come on, you know the answer here.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
The average is over 5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm finally above average for something besides shitposting!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Police Automaton posted:

The average is over 5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Igotthisreference.gif

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
what reference

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Police Automaton posted:

what reference

That MRA who killed himself and his roomies said the same thing on a website.

E: Eliot Rodger was the guy.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
:thejoke:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

5 inches is only the average because there are asians in the world

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

However, there is an issue and one I haven't told them about yet. I'm a 34 year old man, and I didn't realize it at first, but they're a bit younger than me. High school kids on summer vacation. I have a bit of a baby face and I'm pudgy, and I guess they just figured I was in their age group?

We are getting really close and, honestly, I'm starting to get romantic feelings for one of the girls (she is 18). I don't know if this is just due to me finally having friends again or if it is a valid attraction, though. Is it inappropriate to hang out with people a few years younger than me?

They're "a bit" younger? They're "a few years younger" than you? You're twice their age! The way you describe the age difference already indicates you're trying to justify hanging out with high schoolers. I realize you're a manchild, but this will likely only end badly for you. Either simply stop hanging out with them or tell them your age. They'll likely get creeped out and kick you out anyway.

Or on the other hand, LARPers aren't known for their maturity or they wouldn't be playing a child's game as adults. Perhaps if you admit your age, they will see you as very wise -- like an elder. Then you can have your pick of whichever gal in the group you want, especially the ones with daddy issues.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I don't care who you are, you're not fooling anyone that you, a 34 year old fat goon, is actually like 20 years old or whatever. They probably accepted you because they're all awkward dorks anyway and didn't mind an awkward old dork. You're like the old wizard of the group. Just tell 'em your age they probably already know

And don't creep on the 18 year old girl she's not interested in you, friendless fat 34 year old goon larper

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Nocheez posted:

Yes, it's bad. The law was not set up to allow punishments to be conjured up by policemen. How many innocent people had to take the Walk? How many were injured or killed because of it?

We'll never know, because there's no paperwork.

If the police officer can make you walk 10 miles, they can let you off with a verbal warning just as easily.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. The police are there to protect residents from crimes by preventing illegal activities and stopping them while they're in progress. They are not there to dole out punishments, no matter how seemingly innocent. Even if you have the purest of intentions when you drop some 14-year-old off on a deserted blacktop in the middle of the night, you're still doing something really, really wrong.

What kills me is that small town judges (you know, the people who are authorized to dole out punishments) have the ability to make teenage fuckups like trespassing or vandalism or whatever stay off your record if you do community service or write an essay or something. Kids are gonna gently caress up because that's what they do, and the police taking the power to punish into their own hands goes against the very core of why the system was built the way it is. Let the judge do his or her job.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't think it is weird to be older than a group of LARPers and still hang with them. It would be kind of different to get too close. However you are all adults. Anything goes when you break the adult barrier. But you gotta be up front about your age.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Jeezus H tapdancing Christ, don't bang an 18yo girl. Technically you're not a chomo, but the world will still treat you like one.

LARPers are generally cool people, they might even accept you if you find out your age, but don't stick your Rod of Lordly Might into her Portable Hole.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
A decade and a half is not a little bit

I felt like kind of a skeeze hooking up with an undergrad who I met in a hostel, and we were merely at opposite ends of our 20s... there's a massive gulf between HS and college, and a massive gulf between college and real world.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Gynovore posted:

Jeezus H tapdancing Christ, don't bang an 18yo girl. Technically you're not a chomo, but the world will still treat you like one.

Who the gently caress cares what two consenting adults do? If an 18 year old girl wants to bang a 95 y/o man, I sure as hell am not going to judge either of them. If he can still get it up, I wouldn't consider him a pervert, I'd consider it a beautiful thing.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

food court bailiff posted:

Lmao.

I have three females in my life: my girlfriend, my dog and my car. If I changed my phone's wallpaper to any other female I'd fully expect to have my rear end kicked to the kerb. If my girlfriend's (or my dog's or my car's) phone wallpaper was changed to some other dude I'd be done with them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Theophany posted:

Lmao.

I have three females in my life: my girlfriend, my dog and my car. If I changed my phone's wallpaper to any other female I'd fully expect to have my rear end kicked to the kerb. If my girlfriend's (or my dog's or my car's) phone wallpaper was changed to some other dude I'd be done with them.

I want to frame this post so I can laugh at it every day for the rest of my life.

edit:
Seriously, I'm picturing a dog changing it's phone background to another person and the original owner crying in front a computer screen in a dark room.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Theophany posted:

Lmao.

What if that other dude was Ed Sheeran?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
"WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS?"

"BARK BARK GROWL"

"He was just 'petting you for a second?' I don't buy that at all. Why are your ears so clean? You let him loving clean your ears, didn't you? Did he take you for a walk too? I knew you smelled different!"

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Theophany posted:

Lmao.

Feeeeeeemale

:females:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The police are there to protect residents from crimes

rawr posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhaha...

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fartbox posted:

I don't care who you are, you're not fooling anyone that you, a 34 year old fat goon, is actually like 20 years old or whatever. They probably accepted you because they're all awkward dorks anyway and didn't mind an awkward old dork. You're like the old wizard of the group. Just tell 'em your age they probably already know

And don't creep on the 18 year old girl she's not interested in you, friendless fat 34 year old goon larper

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
yeah he should get laid by his therapist like every other friendless goon

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.
This thread has got me thinking about how hilarious the idea of a Goon dating someone bisexual is. Their SO would have to be socially isolated lest they be tempted into loving someone.

Like Jesus Christ, I'm pretty insecure by most standards, but you've got to be a special level of poo poo to not be able to be OK with the idea of your SO having close friends whose gender does not preclude them from loving.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kim Jong ill posted:

This thread has got me thinking about how hilarious the idea of a Goon dating someone bisexual is. Their SO would have to be socially isolated lest they be tempted into loving someone.

Like Jesus Christ, I'm pretty insecure by most standards, but you've got to be a special level of poo poo to not be able to be OK with the idea of your SO having close friends whose gender does not preclude them from loving.

As Mike Pence I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Neutrino posted:

Who the gently caress cares what two consenting adults do? If an 18 year old girl wants to bang a 95 y/o man, I sure as hell am not going to judge either of them. If he can still get it up, I wouldn't consider him a pervert, I'd consider it a beautiful thing.

Imagine you walk into a 34yo guys apartment, and it's plastered with Adventure Time posters. He says he's a "big fan", but it your head, he never made it past 12.

When a 34yo guy bones an 18yo girl, technically speaking they're two consenting adults. But, 99.9% of people will think something skeevy is going on. Maybe he's her sugar daddy, maybe her crank dealer, I dunno. It's icky.