Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Mods please change my name to "kombucha violation"

Don't actually do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Mods please change my name to Kombucha Violation

e: ^^^^FFFFFFFFFFFF

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
a wild Lokey snipe appears

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Is he still doing that dumb thing where the rookies have to earn their helmet decal?

making rookies earn their helmet decals is a top ten coaching idea

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ehud posted:

Browns don't have a decal, checks out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

It's dumb as hell.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

It's dumb as hell.

What was your name before? I completely forgot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Waroduce posted:

I no poo poo did this one summer with a bunch of kids from Pahokee I played at St Thomas Aquinas and played in two State finals and have one ring AMA.

This was in like 06 or 07 and we didn't eat the rabbits we just chased him around and let him go it was pretty fun actually

Did this as a kid in Pakistan but with chickens and though I sucked athletically it helped my squirming ability in wrestling cause no one could actually pin me until the PE instructed got frustrated and just basically told me I was done and go sit with the other kids. I couldn't do poo poo. Out of like 20 kids it was always me, the bigger kid trying to pin me and one kid who is just waiting and sitting by the end of it. Where it did also help me is I was always a defender in soccer or hockey and my team always won cause the other barely ever managed to score on us.

Reaction, coordination, balance, knowing how to manage your own body and use your instinct and head and guide where you want things to go.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thanks mod who changed the thread title and not my name.

Dubious posted:

a wild Lokey snipe appears

Been a while since I got new page.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I'll be happy if my team doesn't blow like 6 games with hilarious 4th quarter collapses, gets 6-7 wins, or just stays relatively healthy.

Any one of those three.

Pretty much. they're nowhere near good enough to win the west and Lynn will probably have some growing pains as an HC, but there's some young talent on the roster to be excited about on the o-line and defense going forward. I'd be ok with 7-9/8-8 as long as they show growth from the McCoy era.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Oh it was

"I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums."

I think

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh it was

"I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums."

I think

Lol. You've had a Barudak-like third act in your posting history here.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
poo poo I honestly have no clue what that means so thank you

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

poo poo I honestly have no clue what that means so thank you

He suddenly turned super sarcastic and hilarious, most of it is on display in the R/relationships thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Eifert Posting posted:

It's dumb as hell.

liking things that are dumb as hell is a top ten way I like to pass my time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Remind me of some of the poo poo Dan Campbell did for that one month everyone was in love with him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Remind me of some of the poo poo Dan Campbell did for that one month everyone was in love with him.

ran Oklahoma drills, played tug of war, showed videos of Michael Jordan, changed all the player lockers to reorganize everyone by position group

owns

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Besides "being better than Joe Philbin"?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
I think the New England Patriots will win the Super Bowl

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

IIRC it was a pun based on Toussaint Louverture.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

IIRC it was a pun based on Toussaint Louverture.

Wasn't that "big ol marsh pussy"?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Chichevache posted:

Wasn't that "big ol marsh pussy"?

That's entirely possible, the bengels posters tend to lump together in my mind.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
No TL is EP

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

jesus loving christ

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

jesus loving christ

i'm on your side on this one, fam. One Rust Belt

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

jesus loving christ

Sorry. You people all look the same in orange.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
All posters for the same team are the same poster, except for GaussianCopula, the one exception, who I definitely am not, for the following reason: he sucks a lot

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chichevache posted:

Sorry. You people all look the same in orange.

They've spent like the last four years saying andey over and over to the point where they are now all one.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

honestly it's just the past 2 years or so, if that. it's been that grating on you folks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

10. Matt Ryan
9. Le'Veon Bell
8. Odell Beckham Jr.
7. Ezekiel Elliott
6. Aaron Rodgers
5. Khalil Mack
4. Antonio Brown
3. Julio Jones
2. Von Miller
1. Tommy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ezekiel Elliott, come on.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the liking your team and thinking they will win meme

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Where do I go to complain about Rodgers being to low on this big dumb list that I don't even care about?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pops Mgee posted:

Where do I go to complain about Rodgers being to low on this big dumb list that I don't even care about?

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=aaron%20rodgers&src=typd

It's pretty funny at the moment.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

the liking your team and thinking they will win meme

Those first round playoff exit feels

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

2. Von Miller
:hellyeah:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

10. Matt Ryan
9. Le'Veon Bell
8. Odell Beckham Jr.
7. Ezekiel Elliott
6. Aaron Rodgers
5. Khalil Mack
4. Antonio Brown
3. Julio Jones
2. Von Miller
1. Tommy

Who is more overrated, Tom Brady or Ezekiel Elliott?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1CUSzO9C0

Huh so Bosa's dad played for the Dolphins, go figure.

Also watch it to see Marino do his thing all over the Jets.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Who is more overrated, Tom Brady or Ezekiel Elliott?

Chiche come on man. He earned it last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Chiche come on man. He earned it last year.

agreed Zeke had a monster year

• Locked thread