Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Endorph posted:

it's an insanely minor detail but why did a scout throw a shuriken at us and blow his cover. they're ninjas.

Excuse you, they're HONORLESS ninjas. Everyone knows that negates common sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

it's an insanely minor detail but why did a scout throw a shuriken at us and blow his cover. they're ninjas.

He probably thought we were too incompetent to block it and that it'd be an easy kill.

Sadly for him, fighting is the only thing our group is good at.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

How do you repeat the exact same storyline three times and never attempt to make the Saizo storyline more in the spotlight? Baffling.

They must not be too bright. What kind of fool walks right into an obvious trap? You'd never fall for that—right, Kagero? Being a retainer to Prince Ryoma and all.

Why have you taken me prisoner—Mokushu is allied with Hoshido!
Ha, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've decided to ally with King Garon. I've been waiting for this for a long time, honestly. Once Hoshido has been defeated, Mokushu will rise up to replace it.
I'll finally become a true king!

Like maybe have Garon backstab him via Iago or something to change things up. Or NOT have Kagero kidnapped again.

You've lost your mind.
Ouch, no need to be so insulting. Right now it's more prudent to keep you alive... But that could change at any time!
You! Take her away!
Yes, sir!

Like, they're clearly willing to sweep the Takumi possession thing under the rug. You know, that HUGE major story beat in both Birthright and Conquest? But noooooooo, Kagero has to be kidnapped again. Way too important for Revelations.

I never realized, though, how much it would hurt to have failed Lord Ryoma. If only I had delivered his message...

*Meanwhile*

Yeah... This looks like the area our scout described. However, we've gone so deep into the woods that I can't be sure...
We can't just stand here doing nothing. Let's search the area.
This forest is amazing... I can almost taste the bitter animosity in it. Please let me handle anyone who stumbles upon us. The acoustics here will make their last words all the more beautiful to hear...
Don't lose focus, Reina. We can't afford to die here. Don't worry, Kagero. We're coming.

Yes. He seems to be engaging the same enemies we are. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend..." That's how the saying goes, isn't it? Talk to Saizo; he may be more willing to join us now than he was before.

That's why it's called Mutual Enemies. Which is...ugh, such a waste of something you can use that's NOT against obviously-evil third party.

Takumi still wrecks this map, but now the spikes are slightly changed from Birthright. They appear whenever you enter its zone, and a Dragon Vein appears to turn them off.

The main problem is that turning them off with a vein does not stop them from re-activating them. So basically, ignore using the vein because the tedium isn't worth it.

Saizo, why did you never become a fire bomb of destruction at any point in Conquest

Corrine? What are you doing here?!
We came to help you. That was your smoke signal we saw, right?
It was, but... That wasn't a distress signal!
Yes, I know. Kaze told us it was meant as a warning. But there is no way I'd just abandon you to the enemy. To me, you're a valuable ally.
You'd knowingly risk yourself just to help us? Hrmph.

This is funny considering Zola did just that back in Birthright.

Lady Sakura must have been right about your motivations. Let us fight together.
I won't let you down, Saizo. Thank you for joining us!
There is no time to waste.

Do you remember when we fought Kagero in Conquest mid-game and she STILL got captured a few chapters later? Like someone really loved this plotline.

She was supposed to locate Lord Ryoma and return to us. We have to save here.
We'll do everything we can to help.
Thank you. I'll let my allies know that we will be fighting together.

So if you don't mind, that's about it for this chapter. Nothing has changed aside from the bamboo mechanic a tiny bit from the Birthright version.

You have Kotaro just sitting there, the one treasure chest, etc.

And frankly, any Kotaro is easier than his nightmare Conquest version with a billion avoid, Flame Shuriken, and base tile bonuses.

For the last time, no you won't

Kotaro drops a Steel Shuriken and the treasure chest was a Master Seal.

Kagero is the worst ninja

I'm surprised there wasn't a bunch more gags about her getting kidnapped

I've found her, Corrine! Over here!

*Time passes as they enter the cave*

Last I had heard, you'd betrayed Lord Ryoma and fled the battlefield.
No, that was a misunderstanding. She hasn't betrayed anyone. If you need proof... Well, I'm traveling with her! So is Takumi!
I see, Lady Corrine, I ask for your forgiveness.
No, don't worry about it, Kagero. I'm just glad you're safe.

Because this is apparently more important than literally the most important thing in the two previous routes

Like, just have them with Ryoma when he joins. Have Kotaro already fighting with Nohrian forces. Anything.

Isn't it obvious? We came to save you.
Then I am indebted to all of you. The nature of my job requires that I be prepared to give my life every day. ...Thank you for making sure today wasn't that day.
Now I can pass along the message that Lord Ryoma gave me.
So you do know where our lord is.

Cheve always ends in tragedy somehow.

Cheve?!
Correct. The area is currently fighting against Nohrian forces. Apparently, the people could no longer take Nohrian oppression and have revolted.
It is Lord Ryoma's objective to befriend the rebels and use them to cross into Nohr.

It's really weird how most of Birthright was just one, long guerilla operation. Especially with how Conquest massively padded out reasons why it was 25 chapters.

We must locate him before anything happens.
Corrine, let's head to the port. We'll need a boat in order to reach Cheve.
All right. We'd better hurry. We're going to need Ryoma's help. I don't know why, but I think he may know about the dragon Archduke Izana spoke of.

Unit update:

Well, good news is that Kagero join exactly the same as Birthright. That means her stats aren't randomly nerfed while being at a higher level.

The bad news is that they took her signature Sting Shuriken away for no reason. So that sucks.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Well, at least Kagero is still a good unit? And hey, it looks like we could get to keep Scarlet in this path!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So without Corrin(e) to tag along, all the royal siblings are just dicking around on their own agendas? Makes a certain amount of sense.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
I vote that you use as many ninjas as possible: Kazw, Saizo, Kagero, marry ppl to the ninjas and heart seal them to ninja. Just all ninja, all the time.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Stephen9001 posted:

Well, at least Kagero is still a good unit? And hey, it looks like we could get to keep Scarlet in this path!

I'm pretty sure I voted for MCorrin specifically so we could marry her and avoid the 'running out of parents' problem. It's not going to be a problem if we have Corrine, though, right?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
If you're looking for people to use the DLC class change items on, Orochi is makes absolutely amazing use of the Witches mark. With Ophelia it's largely redundant because her magic and speed growth are already so high, but with Orochi it gives her enough speed where it's not an issue anymore and shoots her magic into the stratosphere. It easily turns her from a mediocre unit into a great one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ungulateman posted:

I'm pretty sure I voted for MCorrin specifically so we could marry her and avoid the 'running out of parents' problem. It's not going to be a problem if we have Corrine, though, right?
You can just marry one of the kids, or one of the people without kids, like Gunter.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

ungulateman posted:

No, we can get all of the kids if Corrine is female.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Hunt11 posted:

Lets be fair though as surely everybody knows that Corrine is dumb.

Yes, but Leo and Takumi are the only ones to call it out, making them the better siblings.

Really, it would make a lot more sense for Corrinne to be removed from the plot and let those two be the main characters. They'd actually provide something of value to the story.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I never got around to playing Revelations, so I thought you guys were exaggerating. Jesus, how did they drop the ball this bad :psyduck:

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I don't mind that we're still repeating the same situations. After all, most of them had roots going before Corrine made her choices, and if we didn't deal with them now people who reached the end of the game would be talking about how "Wait a minute, X is still out there and could have carved out a new Big Bad position while we weren't looking."

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

MightyPretenders posted:

I don't mind that we're still repeating the same situations. After all, most of them had roots going before Corrine made her choices, and if we didn't deal with them now people who reached the end of the game would be talking about how "Wait a minute, X is still out there and could have carved out a new Big Bad position while we weren't looking."

I think the issue is more that its an exact rehashing of the situation right down to using the same maps and everything. I mean, conquest mokushu is very different than birthrights version of the map, why do we need a duplicate? I've already beaten this map.

For instance, if the ninjas weren't in distress the player could finally be the one springing a trap against all those ninjas, finally turning the tables after the get the jump on you in the other two paths.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MightyPretenders posted:

The game doesn't care about them the map after they finish. Why should the player?

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

MightyPretenders posted:

I feel like the bigger problem is that we have two seemingly opposite scenarios here:

quote:

Corrin: We can't fight, I want everyone to get along!
Saizo/Takumi/fillintheblank: NO RAWR WE MUST FIGHT
Corrin: :(

quote:

Corrin: We can't fight, I want everyone to get along!
S/T/fitb: okay fine i'll join you
Corrin: :neckbeard:

But things don't actually feel different. At all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Why is it almost mandatory to have a boat mission in every game? I think there's like one game without one.

Radiant Dawn?

Maybe it was Radiant Dawn. 40 chapters and no boat.

Corrine, you should rest while we have this opportunity to do so. It feels like we've been fighting constantly.
You're right—I'll make sure to take a nap soon. Thanks, Sakura.

We should reach the port tomorrow.
I see. Thank you, Jakob.
Does the sky look darker to you? Yikes, and the boat is starting to rock more than normal...
Hm, those look like storm clouds out there. Let's get below before the rain comes.

*Suddenly, the boat stops*

WAH!!
The boat just lurched to a stop! Are you all right, milady?
Ah, yes... I'm fine.
I wonder what's wrong... Could we have hit something? We'll have to check.

A new map???

How could this be? It's impossible for it to get this cold this fast! Lady Corrine, do you see that out there? Someone's coming this way...
Wait—Lady Camilla?!

Ever since your dreadful confrontation with Xander, I've wanted to see you.
Camilla...
Corrine, you're still as cute as ever. But you have to stop thinking of me as your sister. Don't think of me that way.
It will be easier for both of us to fight if we don't cling to sentimentality.
Sister, can't you see that I am trying to do something good for both kingdoms?

So much for "I sense something...outworldly."

Corrine, I love you so much—from the very bottom of my heart. But that doesn't mean I can disobey a direct order from Father.

I think we have seen multiple times of people disobeying orders from Garon on both routes.

Leo is the biggest "offender" by a mile.

Like, he straight up just left and came back randomly in Birthright with little to no consequence.

You're wrong, Camilla! I haven't betrayed you or anyone else!
Flora, would you be so kind...
Yes, milady.

Now this is a combo I haven't seen before.

Lady Corrine, I cared greatly for you back in the castle. But I will show you no mercy. Nor will I allow any harm to come to Lady Camilla!
Get back, Lady Corrine! It's too dangerous!
...Stop this insanity right now, Flora! Have you come to kill us, too?! Don't tell me the ocean is frozen because of you!

So wait, hold up. Not only does Nohr have access to mass teleportation and illusion magic, they also have the ability to freeze the ocean??

Again, how the hell is Hoshido ever winning this war even without literal dragon king?

And we will. If we don't, then the entire tribe will be sentenced to death...

You pledged your loyalty to Lady Corrine! Or have you forgotten your duties as a retainer?
I cannot listen to you, Jakob. Nothing you say will change my mind. For the good of the Ice Tribe, I must chill my heart and do what's commanded.
drat it, Flora!

One thing that's a little hurt by romancing everyone is the teases of a Jakob/Flora relationship but they can't commit for obvious reasons.

Corrine... I love you too much to let you go on like this. Though all I can do for you now is end your life with my own hands. Come to me, Corrine. Let me hear your last words.
I'll remember them forever, my beloved little sister.

So this map has groups of three split into four teams across many boats. You can cheese it a bit by pairing up in preparation at least.

So some of you have guessed my gimmick for Revelation, and that's to only deploy units that have never been used or promoted from the other routes. That's right, Hinata will be used willingly.

That still leaves three more slots as "filler" until more unwanted party members join

Stats: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=148078

Pick 3: http://www.strawpoll.me/13293707

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Ah, sweet, we're using Subaki and Saizo. I like both of these dudes so I was sad when they got dropped from the BR roster.

Unfortunately, they're not as strong here vs BR, but they can still work fine.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

actually none of fe1, 3, 4, 5, or 6 have boat maps. 2 introduced them and then they were shelved until fe7, but then they were in every game afterwards except 10.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

actually none of fe1, 3, 4, 5, or 6 have boat maps. 2 introduced them and then they were shelved until fe7, but then they were in every game afterwards except 10.

The original FE3 didn't have boat maps? That's the one that SoV is a remake of, right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Heaven Spacey posted:

The original FE3 didn't have boat maps? That's the one that SoV is a remake of, right?

It's a remake of FE2

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Voting will end in an hour.

edit: Oboro, Kagero, Mozu are in. Sakura was off by one vote.

Tae fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 27, 2017

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

It's a remake of FE2

Ohh I thought uh, Shadow Dragon? New Mystery of the Emblem? was a remake of FE2, but I guess it's FE3 then?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Heaven Spacey posted:

Ohh I thought Shadow Dragon was a remake of FE2, but I guess it's FE3 then?

FE1 (Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light) is Marth's first story.
FE2 (Gaiden) is Alm's story.
FE3 (Mystery of the Emblem) has two campaigns. The first is a remake of FE1, and the second is a sequel.
FE11 (Shadow Dragon) is a remake of FE1.
FE12 (New Mystery of the Emblem) is a remake of FE3's second campaign.
FE15 (Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) is a remake of FE2.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

FE2 was when the developers were thinking "Okay, that was cool. Let's do something else on the same world."

FE3 was when they realized "Well, that didn't turn out quite as well as we hoped. Let's get back to our first bunch of characters. I have an idea..."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

MightyPretenders posted:

FE2 was when the developers were thinking "Okay, that was cool. Let's do something else on the same world."

FE3 was when they realized "Well, that didn't turn out quite as well as we hoped. Let's get back to our first bunch of characters. I have an idea..."

FE4: Let's make this more serious and deconstruct it a little!
FE5: Let's make it super hard, but also really dark, but strangely satisfying!
FE6: Let's return to our roots!
FE7: Let's make a more personal story!
FE8: Let's try and re-do what we did with Gaiden again!

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

MightyPretenders posted:

A second game that worked differently and had a different setting happened with several NES/Famicom series. The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy are two others I can think of off the top of my head. The idea of video game sequels that worked the same as the previous game hadn't set in by that time.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

A second game that worked differently and had a different setting happened with several NES/Famicom series. The Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy are two others I can think of off the top of my head. The idea of video game sequels that worked the same as the previous game hadn't set in by that time.

Castlevania Simon's Quest.

The US Mario 2.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

OK Izana dying instead of being recruited is stupid, but it's less stupid IMO than dying, like, the stage after being recruited...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kagero, Moz, and Oboro will fill in for the C team's roster right now.

The easiest way to cheese this is to pair-up so everyone but Corrine and a flier are on those two boats. It brings the least amount of enemies at a time, and focuses all the team among two boats instead of four.

We can't reach the ice, but I think we can use the Dragon Veins on the ocean floor...
We just need to wait until the currents aren't obscuring them. Be patient!

So my ground units can't actually exit out of the boat, and the Dragon Vein to fix that won't show up for a few turns.

The enemy can travel on the ice, but their movement is limited there. It's easy to funnel in so that only one-two enemies can actually engage my forces.

It's a slow but much safer process, especially since a lot of my units need catching up like Orochi.

Every other turn for a long while, reinforcements will pour from the enemy ships. Not really a threat since they have to travel across the map, just more EXP fodder honestly.

*A few turns later*

Now there's an option for ground troops to approach other enemy ships if I wanted to.

The Dragon Veins will form ice bridges across the frozen sea. The Veins on the left ships will form a long bridge that spans across the map to reach our current position, which is silly.

Many turns later, reinforcements stop showing up and there's this one boat in the southwest with stationary Selena and Beruka.

Levels gained during boat defense
Saizo
12-HP/MAG/SKL/SPD

Orochi
8-HP/MAG/SKL/LCK/RES
9-MAG

Hinata
13-HP/LCK/DEF

Jakob
16-SKL/SPD/DEF

Corrine
14-DEF

Mozu
12- HP/SKL/SPD/DEF

Kagero
11-HP/STR/SPD

Oboro
11-SKL/SPD/LCK/RES

Orochi got garbage, Corrine got garbage, Hinata got garbage. Unfortunately the good level gains are the ones that won't be on the party in the future.

Subaki and Reina will fly over to the boat while the rest of the army awkwardly stands just outside the main enemy boat because no one is a Royal besides Corrine.

I can tell that milady is unhappy with this mission. But orders are orders. I'll faithfully carry out whatever milady commands.
So—please either die or get out of my way!

No one told her Subaki was gonna be used.

He gained HP/STR/LCK which is decent, but I need speed more than anything. You can fix lack of power with enough forged steel weapons, but speed is harder without pair-ups and those are in limited quantity.

This is not a good start, Reina

Seriously, how did you miss the 60% speed but hit the 30% skill

I am here to sink this boat and kill its passengers. And eliminate Corrine.

You're going to sink your own boat? I think the writer here wasn't informed that Beruka doesn't move.

Please gain some goddamn strength this time, Beruka.

The Zerker on the same boat dropped a Master Seal.

Many turns later, Corrine flies back and activates the bridge.

Yay, speed. As long as he keeps gaining speed every other level, I'll be happy.

Although 17 speed for a sky knight is kinda embarrassing.

This big boat has a bunch of promoted enemies, Flora, and Camilla. Nothing special, and don't expect anything as I mentioned before that Revelations works like Birthright for stats.

My god, this team is going to suck isn't it.

The Sorcerer drops a Thunder tome.

It's been a long time, but it's good to remember that Jakob and Felicia trivialize mages on every route with that insanely early Tomebreaker.

Jakob gets STR/SKL/RES, so at least someone's pulling their weight.

Are you prepared to die? I'll freeze you all!

Flora drops a Steel Dagger but....

I accidentally beat the mission. I forgot Flora was the boss, not Camilla and this was a Defeat Boss mission.

So here's Camilla's encounter.

Corrine vs. Camilla

Oh, you did seek me out. I'm so glad that you're still alive. My dear sister, leave it to me to kill you.
I'll always remember these final moments together...

*When defeated*

Father... I'm so sorry... I...

See, she still does care for murder king as a father. That's...consistency?

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 29, 2017

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Easiest way to cheese this chapter is by putting Reina on the right boat and giving her a Move pair up + an iron bow. I think you can reach Flora on turn one and ORKO her.

Honestly, I didn't mind this chapter. There are far worse offenders in Rev like Zola's snow hell.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you called flora felicia twice

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tae posted:

Are you prepared to die? I'll freeze you all!

Wrong portrait.

Also, Birthright and Revelations make me want to smack Selena, Odin and Laslow upside the head so goddamn hard.

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
This could have been a neat Defense map. Like, each boat would have to hold out versus a different class of troops until the promoted enemies show up at the end to finish things off. As the map currently is, it's okay but a bit bland.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So what lets the enemies move on non-Dragon Vein ice? Do they all have a special movement type or a skill or something?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Glazius posted:

So what lets the enemies move on non-Dragon Vein ice? Do they all have a special movement type or a skill or something?

Near as I can tell? They can move on it because screw you.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Wrong portrait.

Also, Birthright and Revelations make me want to smack Selena, Odin and Laslow upside the head so goddamn hard.

To put this in perspective, there's a DLC chapter that explains why our Awakening trio is here. I believe Tae said they don't have said chapter, but I'll put this under spoilers, and not go into specifics, in case I'm misremembering.

They were given a way to dimensionally travel here after they volunteered to help this world resolve its issues. Yes, they're aware of Valla. Specifically, they're informed Corrin is the key to solving the dispute, so they need to watch over and help him/her, thus why they join Nohr and apparently prove their skill enough to become retainers. No timeline is given, but it's highly unlikely they've been in Fates for more than a year or so prior to the game. There's also no indication of brainwashing or memory erasure. Isn't it great that in Birthright and early Revelations they do the exact opposite of helping Corrin, going so far as to always fight to the death against them in the case of Laslow (in Birthright)? Not that their actions in Conquest are any better at resolving the issue, but at least it's not actively against it. Did I mention that resolving those issues are the only way they get a portal back?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

To put this in perspective, there's a DLC chapter that explains why our Awakening trio is here. I believe Tae said they don't have said chapter, but I'll put this under spoilers, and not go into specifics, in case I'm misremembering.

They were given a way to dimensionally travel here after they volunteered to help this world resolve its issues. Yes, they're aware of Valla. Specifically, they're informed Corrin is the key to solving the dispute, so they need to watch over and help him/her, thus why they join Nohr and apparently prove their skill enough to become retainers. No timeline is given, but it's highly unlikely they've been in Fates for more than a year or so prior to the game. There's also no indication of brainwashing or memory erasure. Isn't it great that in Birthright and early Revelations they do the exact opposite of helping Corrin, going so far as to always fight to the death against them in the case of Laslow (in Birthright)? Not that their actions in Conquest are any better at resolving the issue, but at least it's not actively against it. Did I mention that resolving those issues are the only way they get a portal back?

I get the feeling the DLC idea to explain why they were here was made and thought about after they had already put them in the game. Essentially, they decided to put them in game, made the game with them in it, then tried to justify why they were there.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Lord Koth posted:

DLC spoilers

To be fair to the Awakening trio, the guy who brought them to Fates-land didn't have a chance to tell them who they were supposed to help, since they're pretty much immediately attacked upon arrival. I mean, yeah, he vaguely alluded to Corrin, but he didn't have a chance to give them a name. Considering how it was specifically mentioned that the guy thought the person he wanted them to help was in Hoshido when they'd actually gotten kidnapped by Nohr (the leader of the enemies specifically mentions this detail; incidentally, this means that either the DLC takes place shortly after it happened so it's recent enough at the time to excuse ignorance, or the guy who brought them is ridiculously out of the loop), however, it's not like it'd be difficult to find out. Honestly, there IS no in-universe excuse for them to not know that you're the one they're supposed to help.

Also, this map gives them every reason to distrust Lilith, because the previously-mentioned enemy leader? Guess who (though the boss of the map is someone else). Which, in turn, gives her more story relevance than she's ever had before.

I remember that DLC fairly clearly, because I farmed it for prizes, specifically First Blood, a consumable which permanently gives ANY unit the ability to use Dragon Veins. Being the perfectionist I am, I got enough for everyone.

Stephen9001 posted:

I get the feeling the DLC idea to explain why they were here was made and thought about after they had already put them in the game. Essentially, they decided to put them in game, made the game with them in it, then tried to justify why they were there.

And, as usual, they half-assed it to the point that it doesn't even feel like it's THEM in the DLC, forget making sense in context. I mean, they didn't even really have a good reason to accept his request in the first place, since apparently the curse still works over in Ylisse and thus the guy couldn't give any details beyond "I'll tell you when we get there." Well, no good reason beyond the fact that those invisible enemies chased their client and wound up attacking them for being in the area, but personally I'm not sure that counts, in part because it's contrived as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Update on next page

• Locked thread