Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

http://gothamist.com/2015/06/26/everyone_shush.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

i don't like it when people text in the theater but lol @ having a cinema gestapo to call on them if they do

yea people whipping their phones out is 100% more annoying than talking (to me at least) but you solve that by going 'hey dude come on' and not calling the Movie Troops to punish the naughty phone doer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also I hope every episode features a hilarious butchering of a word that makes Amber freak out.

Ar-mist-us.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Afraid of getting shot by a rude texter

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Lol if you don't call the movie gestapo every time someone sneezes

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

also I hope every episode features a hilarious butchering of a word that makes Amber freak out.

Ar-mist-us.

Will is secretly a character from Oh, Hello!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I live in a state with freedom so I open carry my AK-47 into every movie theater I go to so I can fire into the air to signal the movie cops whenever I see someone with sagging pants or a slight cough.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The general stance on the Drafthouse is more to keep the general aura of this up rather than have folk kick you out for phone usage. They do have events with audience participation and goofs all of the time (and to tie in with something Will Menaker said, they did have a male-only Logan showing as well).

I should also say that we do have gimmick theatres, and we did have one built a building that was a restaurant/cafeteria that was beneath a movie theater. Said Theater was brought by This church, so the solution was to have the restaurant have occasional classic movie nights or concerts while you had your steak, and on the top you could head to this giftshop where you could purchase movies shown on said screen.

One of those was Salo and the 120 days of Sodom, so I don't know how that went.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Afraid of getting shot by a rude texter

someone who texts in the theater has already transgressed against the rules of the cinema, who is to say they will not transgress against the rule of man and god's law proscribing manslaughter?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kunster posted:

One of those was Salo and the 120 days of Sodom, so I don't know how that went.

was that one of the interactive ones because if so I take back all my criticism

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Kunster posted:

(and to tie in with something Will Menaker said, they did have a male-only Logan showing as well).

lol oh my god

Serf
May 5, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

yea people whipping their phones out is 100% more annoying than talking (to me at least) but you solve that by going 'hey dude come on' and not calling the Movie Troops to punish the naughty phone doer.

i solve it by doing nothing because lmao

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Using small written comments to attempt to deprive people of say :10bux: worth of entertainment is something that makes me feel comfortable and at home. Like I never stopped posting.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jim Messina finally started Tweeting again for the first time since May got embarrassed and he's getting destroyed already

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/Lowenaffchen/status/879357029021863936

lmfao

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
i guess it should've been obvious but messina was really just a failing-upward benchwarmer wrt the success of the 2012 obama campaign, wasn't he

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Savage

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Not a huge fan of people talking over movies but being a passive-aggressive snitch rather than just tapping someone on the goddamn shoulder is pathetic. If you're that bothered by people talking over movies and that scurred of confrontation that you're not willing to call them on it yourself, just wait till the movie comes out on DVD and watch it at home swaddled in your security blanket.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lol if you don't roll deep with your crew to see A Quiet Passion so you can enforce your movie theater preferences, just lol.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
if you're not loud + drunk in your movie theater then you're doing everything in your life wrong

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Cinema Paradiso is a good rear end movie.

There's lots of scenes of Sicilians yelling at the movie theater.

Welp that's my story friends.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/lauraolin/status/879113853224857601

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

that's a really awful wonder woman costume. crocs, a tutu, a crown, and one rainbow wristband? doesn't read at all. f minus, do better.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

his socks also say eid mubarak on them. trudeau is really good at this poo poo. the buzzfeed prime minister

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

that's a really awful wonder woman costume. crocs, a tutu, a crown, and one rainbow wristband? doesn't read at all. f minus, do better.

Let me tell you about when I went to the Wonder Woman opening and there was this CROTCHDROPPING with just the WORST costume...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

Let me tell you about when I went to the Wonder Woman opening and there was this CROTCHDROPPING with just the WORST costume...

i had gone to the effort of actually darkening my skin to the olive complexion of gal gadot and trimming my beard so it was less distracting, but they still gave the "best costume" prize to some BREEDER MOOs widdle pwincess. i was disgusted.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Yeah if you ever feel a second of pity for Jimmy Messina, this article is great
https://theoutline.com/post/1810/jim-messina-a-case-study-in-political-failure

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Yeah if you ever feel a second of pity for Jimmy Messina, this article is great
https://theoutline.com/post/1810/jim-messina-a-case-study-in-political-failure

Oh thanks, I missed this -- reading now :getin:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i had gone to the effort of actually darkening my skin to the olive complexion of gal gadot and trimming my beard so it was less distracting, but they still gave the "best costume" prize to some BREEDER MOOs widdle pwincess. i was disgusted.

Should've circumcised and gone full zionist jew

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
places like alamo and cinebarre were alright back when they mostly showed art house, documentaries, and old exploitation stuff

nowadays they're just a cineplex theater with slightly better seats and an applebees menu you can order from

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I will say that the Drafthouse Films production house gave us The Act of Killing and the rediscovery of Miami Connection and distributed a bunch of other great movies so they're cool by me.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Any inkling of what the premium ep will be this week?

I couldn't make it through the wonder woman one lol. I don't give enough of a poo poo about super hero movies to even hate them.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

places like alamo and cinebarre were alright back when they mostly showed art house, documentaries, and old exploitation stuff

nowadays they're just a cineplex theater with slightly better seats and an applebees menu you can order from

If you want to get really hipster about it, Tim League sold out the Alamo Drafthouse to a national chain but the Ritz in Austin and the Mission in SF are still run by his crew.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EmotionlessThug posted:

his socks also say eid mubarak on them. trudeau is really good at this poo poo. the buzzfeed prime minister

if you told me he was grown in a vat with his dad's DNA I'd believe it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

Any inkling of what the premium ep will be this week?

I couldn't make it through the wonder woman one lol. I don't give enough of a poo poo about super hero movies to even hate them.

You missed on of the best Virgil episodes since Garfield had her big episode.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'll give it another try tomorrow morning at work, might have just been in the wrong mood for it today.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Les Enfants Neo-Liberal

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

this thread makes me want to get drunk to watch a lovely superhero movie in the theater and spend the whole time just texting and checking my facebook or some poo poo

GrimOneM
Jan 6, 2015

Should intermittent vengeance arm again his red right hand to plague us?
Have they talked about the marvel movies yet?I feel like there's a lot potential for ideological dissection there. Especially when you consider the movie that kicked off the whole franchise (iron man 1) had some elements of interventionist propaganda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GalacticAcid posted:

i haven't watched any of the comic book movies they've talked about but it was still an entertaining episode