Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Trebek posted:

Edit: ^^^ Not sure that guy understands the game mechanics.

I mean, I don't really understand what Sol is doing there but as a "gently caress off Nino/Veronica" build it seems fine otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Trebek posted:

How did you even get 1 Hector?

Edit: ^^^ Not sure that guy understands the game mechanics.

They must, excessively so? a 4 star, +10 unit is much better than a 5 star +0 unit. the transition to 5 star is worth anywhere from 1 to 3 points in each stat depending on the stat/character. a +10 Eliwood has a bonus of +20, compared to the 5 star eliwood they sacrificed for the durandal, who would have had ~ a +10. Not getting into, using 11 Eliwood-s means you probably got to cherry pick the nature.

That said, they either got really weird luck, or they were whaling early on. Either way, that is a weird decision...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How are you getting all these hectors

I got the one Hector I had (and then mulched) from that Hector banner a few weeks back.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

How are you getting all these hectors

pulling for his waifu but julia never

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Gensuki posted:

They must, excessively so? a 4 star, +10 unit is much better than a 5 star +0 unit. the transition to 5 star is worth anywhere from 1 to 3 points in each stat depending on the stat/character. a +10 Eliwood has a bonus of +20, compared to the 5 star eliwood they sacrificed for the durandal, who would have had ~ a +10. Not getting into, using 11 Eliwood-s means you probably got to cherry pick the nature.

That said, they either got really weird luck, or they were whaling early on. Either way, that is a weird decision...

How would a green tome user even counter him though for the breaker part to come into play? Someone through close counter on Nino and he's just preparing for the absolute worst?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Trebek posted:

How would a green tome user even counter him though for the breaker part to come into play? Someone through close counter on Nino and he's just preparing for the absolute worst?

breakers apply on both offense and defense

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

breakers apply on both offense and defense

Oh yeah duh, I glossed over the distant counter. Still highly situational

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I don't understand how I was getting 6+ defense wins back when I was rank 16 and below, but now that I'm rank 18, I am lucky to have a single person match me in the arena. :psyduck:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Elyv posted:

I mean, I don't really understand what Sol is doing there but as a "gently caress off Nino/Veronica" build it seems fine otherwise

The amusing part is that he inherited a 5* Eliwood's signature weapon down to the 4*.

Pretty smart actually, since a 4* +10 is like a 5* +5.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Should I tolerate and atk+/spd- Nino when I have an atk/spd neutral one, or should I feed the slowpoke to Cecilia for horse blade power?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Oberndorf posted:

Should I tolerate and atk+/spd- Nino when I have an atk/spd neutral one, or should I feed the slowpoke to Cecilia for horse blade power?

Option 2. -SPD Nino is like the worst nature.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Trebek posted:

Someone through close counter on Nino and he's just preparing for the absolute worst?

I realize the main question was already answered, but I've actually seen CC on Bunilla and Julia for green mages

E: not a green mage, but I distinctly remember almost getting blown out by a CC Vantage Linde with one of the healing abilities, as well

Elyv fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 27, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I tried out some Fate Grand Order while FE:H is down is maintenance and I do not find it very fun, am I missing something or does it get better? Maybe I'm just not getting the enchancement system

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I tried out some Fate Grand Order while FE:H is down is maintenance and I do not find it very fun, am I missing something or does it get better? Maybe I'm just not getting the enchancement system

I'm having basically the same reaction but the FGO thread could probably do a better job of selling you on it

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Any advice for a +Spd/-Def Jakob in terms of build? I pulled him at 5* unexpectedly and I'm wondering what to do with him.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Jakob bad, give one of your cool friends renewal 3

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://imgur.com/a/PkWRW

Swimsuit banner images. Adult Tiki, F Robin, Frederik, and Gaius.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Preemptive F for Cheetah

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Neat, I just barely skated into tier 18 :cool:

Also datamine is up. Summer banner is next, adult tiki, F robin, frederick, and gaius

edit: beat fffffffff

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
well I have 179 orbs saved

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Frederick and Gaius are both colorless? :argh:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They got the Granblue artist? Wow.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
and I haven't done the one where michalis kills michalis yet because :effort: so that's an easy 180

On the other hand, I also have a bank account so

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Looks like F. Robin uses a lance, Tiki uses and axe, Gaius is an archer (Popsicle arrows lol) and Frederick... is a ninja I think? Looks like he hucks seashells

I want all of them

edit: I'm kind of glad there's no red on this banner, we're pretty overloaded on reds

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 27, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

Looks like F. Robin uses a lance, Tiki uses and axe, Gaius is an archer (Popsicle arrows lol) and Frederick... is a ninja I think? Looks like he hucks seashells

I want all of them

if tiki actually uses a weapon I wonder if she still counts as a dragon for the purposes of fortify dragons/naga/falchion

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't actually have normal ATiki but once I do I'm gonna make a team of three tikis+bonus unit and set them as my arena defense team

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius, you're supposed to pull the string back when you use a bow.

Although at least he has a bowstring, unlike Rebecca. What is it with this game's artists and bows.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Elyv posted:

if tiki actually uses a weapon I wonder if she still counts as a dragon for the purposes of fortify dragons/naga/falchion

I doubt it, that would be really interesting though. It'd add some flavor to team dragon.

Can't wait to see statlines and skills, I doubt this banner will be up tomorrow since they haven't done a video yet. I'd guess it'll be next week.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

THE loving MOON posted:

I doubt it, that would be really interesting though. It'd add some flavor to team dragon.

Can't wait to see statlines and skills, I doubt this banner will be up tomorrow since they haven't done a video yet. I'd guess it'll be next week.

The Katarina banner ends Thursday night so this is almost certainly going up on friday

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

The Katarina banner ends Thursday night so this is almost certainly going up on friday

Ah. Is there ever a gap between new banners?

I've got 109 orbs saved up, probably more tomorrow after I grab whatever orbs are available.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i have 19 orbs and i must scream

i spent like two hundred bucks failing to get bride cordelia and i told myself i wasn't going to spend more money for a long time but atiki and frobin are both cool smart attractive characters for handsome people

i suppose i'll wait for stats to be released so i can decide if i want to go for either of them and try to not spend unreasonable amounts of money on it

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 27, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

THE loving MOON posted:

Ah. Is there ever a gap between new banners?

I've got 109 orbs saved up, probably more tomorrow after I grab whatever orbs are available.

I don't think there has ever been a time without a new character banner, no

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Luckily the recent banners haven't been tempting me so I have 80 orbs saved up again after that 140 orb debacle that failed to get me BCordelia. Hopefully I'll have another 140 to fail to get SFRobin or SATiki

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm probably gonna go in hard for Freddy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
3 days after the summer banner, they'll release the sacred stone banner

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Oh god, I want Summer Tiki.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
The cash grab is real, the power creep is not. They will just keep throwing new outfits on the same old units.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Frederick is wearing a belt to the beach and it ain't even going through any loops

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

bobjr posted:

https://imgur.com/a/PkWRW

Swimsuit banner images. Adult Tiki, F Robin, Frederik, and Gaius.

Meh. Cheesecake doesn't interest me, so I'll skip that one. I'd rather roll on the Elise or New Mystery Banner to try and get more skill fodder. Or a decent red mage.

EDIT:

Also, I went down a rank in Arena, as expected, but I still got enough feathers to finish Cecilia!

Can't wait to try her out!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Trebek posted:

The cash grab is real, the power creep is not. They will just keep throwing new outfits on the same old units.

None of these units have had an alt yet. In fact nobody even figured Gaius/Frederick would even get alternates (Gaius was popular in Awakening but compared to Chrom/Lucina/Robin/Cordelia/Tharja he was nothing). Even if you consider Robin/Tiki to have 'alternates', they're pretty different from their male/young versions.

I'm fully prepared for Frederick to be trash, but I'll probably use him anyway if I'm lucky enough to pull him (just watch me pull three Gaiuses and a million healers).