Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I just want to know when Grimlock and Slag had time to dig those holes and ambush the TRF convoy?

It seems insane to both spoiler-tag this film's plot and answer questions about it, but they actually do explain that the T-Rex lives in a burrow that he dug for himself. So when he pops out, there was legitimate foreshadowing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's almost an impossibility to post a spoiler this movie, as so much of this is beyond belief.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

the T-Rex lives in a burrow that he dug for himself.
Or for herself? Where do baby dinobots come from?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Robot Style posted:

Or for herself? Where do baby dinobots come from?

Budding.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

"There goes my spore theory!" - :corsair:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Did I miss a line where they confirmed that Sam Wiiwicky is dead? I don't remember that at all.

If he is alive then Wembly can't be the "last surviving" Witwiccan.

edit: And, as far as Tubman goes: I think every single person who ever did a historical thing is pictured in that room.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 26, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Life, uh, finds a way.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Also the old transformer that turned into Optimus' jet pack showed up for a single scene, trips up then is never seen again.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Nuebot posted:

Also the old transformer that turned into Optimus' jet pack showed up for a single scene, trips up then is never seen again.

Not the same guy, but typically a recycled character turns up as 'another dude'.

Like how Nitro Zeus is literally Shockwave from 3, just with some bling and voiced by Bender from futurama.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Dreadbot was one of the Cons from TF3, on the highway. I think Onslaught was one of the Constructicon models, too, just with a new paint scheme.

It's made me think about SMG's 'this film is a parody' idea. Like Bay said, oh, you can't tell who the robots are? Well, now they're just all the same recycled models.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Onslaught and Canopy both share body types with Long Haul from 2. This is kinda cool since Long Haul started out as fan art.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

There's no way Canopy, the robot who turns into a literal junk pile, isn't a response to some of the criticisms the films have gotten over the years.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So the Autobots killed/injured way more people than the Decepticons right? Like way, way more? The HMS Alliance ramming the US sub had to have killed/seriously injured a few sailors with just the initial impact let alone if the sub sank from the damage. Then when the alien ship is surfacing another sub gets tossed around like a rag doll so who knows what the casualties were like there. Then there was the sequence when Sir Anthony Hopkins and Cogman are running from the cops where several cops and innocent bystanders were killed/injured. Of coarse everyone seemed to have survived the Ospreys crashing so maybe humans are just super durable in this universe.

Speaking of the HMS Alliance, did anyone remember to get it out of the alien ship? Or is it just chilling up there?

Did I miss something in AoE or is it never explained how Megatron came back from the dead?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MH Knights posted:

So the Autobots killed/injured way more people than the Decepticons right? Like way, way more? The HMS Alliance ramming the US sub had to have killed/seriously injured a few sailors with just the initial impact let alone if the sub sank from the damage. Then when the alien ship is surfacing another sub gets tossed around like a rag doll so who knows what the casualties were like there. Then there was the sequence when Sir Anthony Hopkins and Cogman are running from the cops where several cops and innocent bystanders were killed/injured. Of coarse everyone seemed to have survived the Ospreys crashing so maybe humans are just super durable in this universe.

Yes, you are correct that the illegal aliens in the film did recklessly manslaughter alot of humans.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

MH Knights posted:

Did I miss something in AoE or is it never explained how Megatron came back from the dead?

It's such a massively glaring plot hole, people dare not address it. We're moving into the 'acceptance' phase.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don't think they particularly care about the autobots killing a few humans when cybertron straight up wiped a couple of cities / regions / maybe entire countries.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't think they particularly care about the autobots killing a few humans when cybertron straight up wiped a couple of cities / regions / maybe entire countries.

Nobody cares about that later part either. The beauty of the transformer films is that the things you 'should' care about are curiously downplayed.

For example, Megatron is under mind control for the entire duration of the film, and it never comes up in the story or is even mentioned by anyone.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Dark of the Moon remains the highlight of the series, but this was still pretty good. Kinetic, beautiful, and completely unhinged. Disappointed we didn't get to see the planets really fight, but maybe in the next one. Stanley Tucci reappearance as a well-meaning wizard in over his head was a nice touch.

Pachakuti
Jun 25, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's actually extremely fascinating that there's a Transformer character that never transforms or speaks or even implicitly communicates. What did they do to HMS Alliancetron?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Nobody cares about that later part either. The beauty of the transformer films is that the things you 'should' care about are curiously downplayed.

For example, Megatron is under mind control for the entire duration of the film, and it never comes up in the story or is even mentioned by anyone.

Are they -- Megatron and, by extension, Prime -- under mind control? It seems strange that they are under compulsion when Quintessa only speaks the truth (despite being termed a deceiver by the Knights) and that Prime even acknowledges the existence of Unicron before his eyes turn purple, which is, yes, generally accepted as a visual symbol for mind control. I commented on the eyes changing earlier.

Pachakuti
Jun 25, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milky Moor posted:

Are they -- Megatron and, by extension, Prime -- under mind control? It seems strange that they are under compulsion when Quintessa only speaks the truth (despite being termed a deceiver by the Knights) and that Prime even acknowledges the existence of Unicron before his eyes turn purple, which is, yes, generally accepted as a visual symbol for mind control. I commented on the eyes changing earlier.

The sign of the mind control is the red sigil on both their faces, which fades when Prime shakes off Quintessa's influence.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MH Knights posted:

A company rebuilt Megatron for reasons in AoE. He was also one of the bad guys in it.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
You mean Galvatron?

I think we can infer that Galvatron found his way to Quintessa who remade him and thus regained his Angelic male essence with a giant phallic gently caress off sword and arm cannon.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

A company rebuilt Megatron for reasons in AoE. He was also one of the bad guys in it.

Basically, the humans were trying to make their own Transformers (because, poo poo, transforming military robots are kinda a neat idea), and every time they made a version of Prime, it kept coming out looking like Megatron. Turns out he wasn't dead, kept making the HumanityMade Prime look like Megatron, until Megs dropped the facade. Presumably between AoE and this one, Megs decided to drop the Galvatron name.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Pachakuti posted:

It's actually extremely fascinating that there's a Transformer character that never transforms or speaks or even implicitly communicates. What did they do to HMS Alliancetron?

I am bitterly disappointed by this, A submarine transformer would have entirely been my jam.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I am bitterly disappointed by this, A submarine transformer would have entirely been my jam.

How a bout a battleship transformer? That can also be a jam.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Gatts posted:

How a bout a battleship transformer? That can also be a jam.

Remember when Michael Bay lied on the internet about a transformer that was an aircraft carrier, named 'Tidal Wave'.

Why hurt me like this. I mean, really.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Bay's been trying to get an aircraft carrier robot into the movies since the first one, so there's still hope when he inevitably changes his mind and comes back for #6.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Remember when Michael Bay lied on the internet about a transformer that was an aircraft carrier, named 'Tidal Wave'.

Why hurt me like this. I mean, really.

Yeah my bad, I meant aircraft carrier, Tidal Wave.

He also said there'd be a Headmaster in this one, Cogman would tear off a TF's head and replace him. But we didn't see it. With any luck this means there's an expanded edition blu ray coming out some time soon.

Tidal Wave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52JxSxE4Ug

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

MH Knights posted:

In AoE, Optimus had an exposition scene where he explained that Megatron uploaded his mind (from his severed head) into the Galvatron body that KSI built.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Megatron wasn't being mind-controlled by Quintessa? I have no idea where this claim came from. I thought he simply allied with Quintessa because she wanted to rebuild Cybertron; something that Megatron has been trying to do for five films now?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is Bay really where that rumor came from? I'm talking about the headmaster thing because the first day the trailer dropped, people were speculating the human sized robot was a headmaster with literally zero proof at all but everyone and their mom took it as gospel. I was wondering how that rumor gained traction.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

RedSpider posted:

In AoE, Optimus had an exposition scene where he explained that Megatron uploaded his mind (from his severed head) into the Galvatron body that KSI built.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Megatron wasn't being mind-controlled by Quintessa? I have no idea where this claim came from. I thought he simply allied with Quintessa because she wanted to rebuild Cybertron; something that Megatron has been trying to do for five films now?

Quintessa doesn't exactly mind control I think but manipulate. But the red mark on the face is a clear indication of her influence. Megatron and Prime both bear it and I think Megatron makes a comment about Prime's failure before he flies off with the stick.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Milky Moor posted:

It seems strange that they are under compulsion when Quintessa only speaks the truth (despite being termed a deceiver by the Knights)

Would you say that Quintessa only ever speaks truthfully and accurately?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gatts posted:

Yeah my bad, I meant aircraft carrier, Tidal Wave.

He also said there'd be a Headmaster in this one, Cogman would tear off a TF's head and replace him. But we didn't see it. With any luck this means there's an expanded edition blu ray coming out some time soon.

Tidal Wave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52JxSxE4Ug

Tidal Wave was a pretty cool design, and a pretty cool toy as well. He was made of like five boats.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Movie was about as bad as Fallen, it gets some points for not being as long as I was fearing. Also some guy fell asleep and started snoring really loudly through a big chunk of the film. His buddy was too kind (to him) and didn't wake him up!

Also why is Cybertron so green, and why did TRF model their tech after Star Wars?

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jun 27, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

ruddiger posted:

Is Bay really where that rumor came from? I'm talking about the headmaster thing because the first day the trailer dropped, people were speculating the human sized robot was a headmaster with literally zero proof at all but everyone and their mom took it as gospel. I was wondering how that rumor gained traction.

He's called a Headmaster in dialogue in the movie and the toy is one too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

He's called a Headmaster in dialogue in the movie and the toy is one too.

And you can detach the head on Nitro's toy and replace it with Cogman's.

You can also exchange their heads with any of the headmasters from the concurrent Titans Return non-movie toy line.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Marmaduke! posted:

Also why is Cybertron so green?

It's because Cybertron is Earth's opposite. Cybertron is robotic on the outside, but green on the inside, while Earth is green on the outside and a robot on the inside.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I still don't understand why critics and youtuber's are insisting that The Last Knight is the worst Transformers film. There is nothing in this film that comes close to the bullshit of Mudflap and Skids, or Revenge of the Fallen in general. Also, Shia LaBeouf (gently caress that little shithead forever). I think it's the best installment since the first film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Not the same guy, but typically a recycled character turns up as 'another dude'.

Like how Nitro Zeus is literally Shockwave from 3, just with some bling and voiced by Bender from futurama.

Don't forget Blackout's twin brother, Gil, in Revenge of the Fallen