Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

They can't not have a Castlevania and the options are IV or Dracula X so the choice is very obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
They've already got CV4 and Contra, shoulda thrown in Sunset Riders too.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the listing for the Castlevania-free SFC Mini, exclusive titles in bold: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2017/170627.html

quote:

Super Mario World
F-ZERO
Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyuushutsu Emaki)
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Soccer (Super Formation Soccer)
Contra 3
Super Mario Kart
Starfox
Secret of Mana
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (Monsho no Nazo)
Super Metroid
Megaman X
Final Fantasy 6
Super Street Fighter 2 (not Turbo/Hyper Fighting)
Donkey Kong Country
Yoshi's Island
Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack)
Super Mario RPG
Kirby Superstar
Starfox 2

Earthbound, Super Punch-Out, Kirby's Dream Course or Super Castlevania IV are exclusive to the SNES version.

EDIT: their version of SF2 is one ahead of the SNES version.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 27, 2017

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the listing for the Castlevania-free SFC Mini, exclusive titles in bold: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2017/170627.html

Earthbound, Super Punch-Out, Kirby's Dream Course or Super Castlevania IV are exclusive to the SNES version.

And they get the better Street Fighter II.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mystical Ninja and Fire Emblem are both great, but not worth giving up Earthbound, Punch Out, Kirby and Castlevania.

We actually get the better games for once :911:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The better version is Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers featuring the all-new motion-controlled Way of the Hadou minigame and it's exclusive to Nintendo Switch.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I guess we have confirmation. The controller port flips down and hides the actual controller ports.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Not going to lie. I'll pick up an SFC mini to sit next to my perfectly good working SFC.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Aw man Japan gets Tetris Attack? :(

Zaphod42 posted:

Mystical Ninja and Fire Emblem are both great, but not worth giving up Earthbound, Punch Out, Kirby and Castlevania.

We actually get the better games for once :911:

I would gladly trade four of the English games for Tetris Attack. Hands down.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 27, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mak0rz posted:

Aw man Japan gets Tetris Attack? :(

They get Tetris Attack because their version was never called Tetris Attack, so Nintendo can re-release it whenever they want without having to pay a cut to The Tetris Company.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!
Who cares? You're all going to root it and put all your favourite roms on it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Maybe they'll do a... Super Gameboy Classic? and we can get the Pokemon version of Tetris Attack.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Man do I love the classic SNES black and red box style :swoon:

If you look at it, the controller ports section of the SNES does look like its a separate flap and can fold down, yeah.

Could just be separate components for assembly though? :shrug:

Winner winner chicken dinner

feedmyleg posted:

Maybe they'll do a... Super Gameboy Classic?

I already have this and it is called the nintendo switch

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

incoherent posted:

I already have this and it is called the nintendo switch

I don't know if having one GB game with the bad default SGB palette counts

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I would 100% buy a GB mini

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who cares? You're all going to root it and put all your favourite roms on it.

Nintendo and every other publisher should be putting out all their games everywhere, even if I intend to sidestep everything they put out with ROMs and homebrew.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

What about a GB Micro?

It doesn't play Game Boy games

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

univbee posted:

What about a GB Micro?

It doesn't play Game Boy games

I'm still kicking my self in the rear end for not getting one of these when I had the chance. Now they are stupid expensive and I regret not getting one.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I'm still kicking my self in the rear end for not getting one of these when I had the chance. Now they are stupid expensive and I regret not getting one.

I have like 2 or 3 of them and still regret not buying, like, everything that wasn't nailed down in the various stores I had easy access to in Japan. If I had done my teaching there just a few years later I'd probably be retired now. :argh:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MarcusSA posted:

Just get a SP. Plays all the games from GB to color to advance and has a backlit screen.

(Bonus points get an advance and swap screens)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Aw man Japan gets Tetris Attack? :(

Eh, I got Panel de Pon a few months ago for $3 including shipping from Japan. If you want a cart, it's really easy to get.

Goemon is a really good pick to switch out for the SFC mini given the popularity of the series (also it's a great game). Fire Emblem, OTOH, not so much given it's one of the weaker games in the series. I don't even know that soccer game or if it was a big game in Japan. Also, Hyper is the best Street Fighter on the SFC; Super gets kind of clunky on the platform and Alpha has problems of its own.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

:lol:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

What loving world am I living in where a GBA Micro is $100+??? Those things were Neo Geo Pocket levels of throwaway. They were on every shelf and nobody wanted one. The Famicom edition I understand, but even the standard silver?

Would unironically buy even though my SNES never yellowed.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

al-azad posted:

:same:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

al-azad posted:

What loving world am I living in where a GBA Micro is $100+??? Those things were Neo Geo Pocket levels of throwaway. They were on every shelf and nobody wanted one. The Famicom edition I understand, but even the standard silver?

I remember seeing them for like 25-30 bucks and thinking to my self na I'll just wait and get one eventually....

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

I remember seeing them for like 25-30 bucks and thinking to my self na I'll just wait and get one eventually....

Yep I got mine brand new from Toys R Us for 30 bucks in like 2010 or something ridiculous like that.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

al-azad posted:

I have a SNES mini and I guess those don't yellow. :shrug:

And I managed to buy an AGS-101 for $60 so I really can't complain too much.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

absolutely anything posted:

the only game i'd knock off the list in favor of something else is castlevania 4. also it should be dkc2 instead of dkc but whatever. rest of the list is basically straight bangers

Super Castlevania IV is boring and I'd swap it for Axelay or Demon's Crest or Goemon or even Brawl Bros. And that's just sticking to what's on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I broke mine within a week of owning it. :negative:

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

In Training posted:

who owns the turbografx rights and when is the PC Engine mini coming out
Well Konami did file for a patent a few months ago, isn't that what folks assumed at the time?

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=87253583&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the GBA micro is a fantastic console. here's a pic a took when i got my switch:

the micro is the perfect tool of people to yell DOT PITCH at nerds

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Phone posted:

the GBA micro is a fantastic console. here's a pic a took when i got my switch:

the micro is the perfect tool of people to yell DOT PITCH at nerds

I genuinely thought the screen was OLED for the longest time.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
What exactly is accuracy of GC backups on a modded Wii through Nintendont? I chose original hardware + everdrives to play games while feeling more accurate than emulating, but am sorta confused about the GC/Wii situation.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What exactly is accuracy of GC backups on a modded Wii through Nintendont? I chose original hardware + everdrives to play games while feeling more accurate than emulating, but am sorta confused about the GC/Wii situation.

A Wii has actual GameCube internals along side the Wii's. Backups will work like they were discs on actual hardware. No emulation. Think of it like the Game Boy Advance's ability to play Game Boy games.

Edit: Should mention that later revisions of the Wii (including the Wii Mini) removed GameCube backwards compatibility. So do some research before buying one if you haven't yet. But it's pretty hard to find one without it since so many of them were sold. Basically anything with the GameCube ports on the Wii is OK.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 27, 2017

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

A Wii has actual GameCube internals along side the Wii's. Backups will work like they were discs on actual hardware. No emulation. Think of it like the Game Boy Advance's ability to play Game Boy games.

Awesome! I was hoping it was a PS2/1 situation but wanted to be sure.

Edit: I have an old softmodded Wii from like 2009, so no problems. Just need to update or redo everything.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
What do you guys think the chances of the SNES Classic being 1080p instead of 720p like the NES Classic?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Pegnose Pete posted:

What do you guys think the chances of the SNES Classic being 1080p instead of 720p like the NES Classic?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Pegnose Pete posted:

Are the Switch menu graphics even 1080p? I know for sure they weren't at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Ohh, speaking of the SNES mini. Was it possible to run the NES mini on a CRT via HDMI-Component adapters? If so, do you guys think the SNES will?

• Locked thread