Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

A guy on reddit told me about this tailor that flies in from Thailand and you meet him in a hotel room, fits you for suits/shirts/whatever and in a month you get the suits in the mail. I totally thought I was getting molested and scammed but Holy poo poo never not get your clothes tailored. It's like living in lotion

Was it expensive and did he do denim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Say what? Explain this In more detail. You're personally flying a dude in from Thailand?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Nah he flies between major cities and you schedule appointments with him

Neil Armbong posted:

Was it expensive and did he do denim?

Not as much as it should be and it's around 120 per tailored egyptian cotton buttonup w/monogrammed cuff. My runner up because denim wasn't available

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 27, 2017

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Does he give you a bj? Do you give him a bj?

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Also leperflesh who is your team? I am betting Redskins

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the labor is nothing in thailand and getting a suit made in bangkok is a pretty easy thing.

some of them are a cheap scam and the suits are just glued together. If you get a tuk tuk early in the morning, they'll offer you tours where they take you to a bunch of tailors, massage places, restaurants etc that all give them a gas voucher for doing it.

The nicer ones are fine though. And if you ask nicely they'll mail you steroids with your suits, so i hear. but you're loving with federals law there so best of luck.

in India, my buddy went to the best suit place in town. he told them he'd drop 1k bucks if they could make him three suits by the time his flight left in the morning. They made him three suits, five shirts for 1k. We went back there at like six for a fitting, then they delivered it to my place in 7 in the morning. it was nuts.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I hate suits and having to dress up so gently caress all that noise

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blitz7x posted:

A guy on reddit told me about this tailor that flies in from Thailand and you meet him in a hotel room, fits you for suits/shirts/whatever and in a month you get the suits in the mail. I totally thought I was getting molested and scammed but Holy poo poo never not get your clothes tailored. It's like living in lotion

I read that in some Neal Stephenson novel from the nineties with the added portion of them fedex'ing your suit to you next day delivery or something.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Phobeste posted:

Also leperflesh who is your team? I am betting Redskins

Niners, since I was a small child. I now live in soon-to-be-former Raiders territory and I generally watch their games too, but I can't honestly claim to have switched.

I generally like to watch all the football though (I do fantasy) and usually root for the underdogs except when they're the niners. Also gently caress dallas and seattle and the pats forever.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Blitz7x posted:

Never heard of the Thai guy, but the English equivalent charges like 3000 USD for the same thing:

http://www.countrylife.co.uk/out-and-about/theatre-film-music/interview-thomas-mahon-37778
https://www.englishcut.com/

Sadly his blog is down atm, but it was amazing.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Why don't you go to a normal tailor? I'm so confused

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I've got Thai tailor money but not American tailor money if that makes sense

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Because capitalism is bad except when you exploit 3rd world people for bargain suits, my man

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Leperflesh posted:

Niners, since I was a small child. I now live in soon-to-be-former Raiders territory and I generally watch their games too, but I can't honestly claim to have switched.

I generally like to watch all the football though (I do fantasy) and usually root for the underdogs except when they're the niners. Also gently caress dallas and seattle and the pats forever.

if you ever switch teams you are scum!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

I came close

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

I came close

*if your team moves you have my blessing

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It's on boys. A firm I like has a position opening up. One of my friends works there and it would be on the same team. The dude who left is a friend of a friend and I'm networking through him as well. Position is like 50:50 what-I-do:Database Management. I've been poking around COBOL the last couple of weeks in general but now it's go time.

Friends, tell me everything I need to know so I can develop a plan of attack to become somewhat competent in database management.

It's time to cram like I've never crammed before.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

we're about to bomb syria again probably

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ehud posted:

I hope jed york has a terrible accident but I still root for my niners. I'm pretty salty about the whole Kaep thing tho. I don't think Hoyer is an upgrade.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/879515903767056384

bet empty fields everywhere are shaking in their boots

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Friends, tell me everything I need to know so I can develop a plan of attack to become somewhat competent in database management.

use words like high availability

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It's on boys. A firm I like has a position opening up. One of my friends works there and it would be on the same team. The dude who left is a friend of a friend and I'm networking through him as well. Position is like 50:50 what-I-do:Database Management. I've been poking around COBOL the last couple of weeks in general but now it's go time.

Gain weight as fast as possible, stop shaving, buy some suspenders and for gods sake, brush up on your Monty Python.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Trump gonna nuke Syria and have less blood on his hands for that than the Obamacare Repeal lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's a pretty good way to get the media fawning over him again.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
shawne merriman is at RAW lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eli Wiggum posted:

he owns

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sorry not sorry if this is a repost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rdTAQkGHQI

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

Our gym carries them but now so do gas stations. I bought two of them today. I might start getting larger quantities online.

here is a pic for u

Lol at your tiny sausage hands

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How strong are you on just the basic poo poo with databases? Like, you can figure out how to query and build stuff as you go if need be, but just knowing the theory behind why everything works and is usually set up in a particular fashion is the most important part in my opinion. If you're beyond that point ignore this obviously. Also learn to love backups even if you'll hopefully never need them.

--a lapsed DBM guy

Alternately:

Kalli posted:

Gain weight as fast as possible, stop shaving, buy some suspenders and for gods sake, brush up on your Monty Python.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Because capitalism is bad except when you exploit 3rd world people for bargain suits, my man

I do not respect the rest of the world so I don't mind this so much

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

Lol at your tiny sausage hands

you know what they say about tiny sausage hands? :getin:

tiny sausage dick :smith:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Ehud posted:

The body parts fit the car

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I've got tiny sausage hands too, and a dick like a Jacksonville Jaguars 3rd down: long.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Bad NFC team that wears red I was close

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Josh Lyman posted:

The body parts fit the car

I love my automobile !!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Its Rinaldo posted:

I read that in some Neal Stephenson novel from the nineties with the added portion of them fedex'ing your suit to you next day delivery or something.

It was Cryptonomicon which I just finished reading yesterday.

As for AC chat, in Florida if you keep your air at like 78 or above, you will very quickly get nasty mold growing everywhere. In Panama, no one has central AC. Each room has its own portable unit that is off during the day and only on when you are in the room. They are super powerful too and can cool a room real fast.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

swickles posted:

As for AC chat, in Florida if you keep your air at like 78 or above, you will very quickly get nasty mold growing everywhere. In Panama, no one has central AC. Each room has its own portable unit that is off during the day and only on when you are in the room.

...so how do the Panamanians avoid the mold problems?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eli Wiggum posted:

as if Lavar Ball lol

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

ulmont posted:

...so how do the Panamanians avoid the mold problems?

By being located in an area where mold isn't a problem. Species of fungus, for whatever reasons, are highly isolated geographically, even if environments are similar. Also, most of the houses and buildings in Panama were built to either not have AC, or to withstand prolonged periods of no AC due to a poor power grid (in some parts of the country at least). Everything in Florida has been built with the idea that AC is running 24/7. Some of the older houses that were built pre-AC and still exist are fine without the AC. But things like drywall are basically a nesting ground for mold. A lot of houses built pre-AC don't have the materials that are susceptible to mold, with the exception of wood, which is usually treated or isolated in a way so the mold contamination is minimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

swickles posted:

By being located in an area where mold isn't a problem. Species of fungus, for whatever reasons, are highly isolated geographically, even if environments are similar.

Huh. Didn't realize this.

swickles posted:

A lot of houses built pre-AC don't have the materials that are susceptible to mold, with the exception of wood, which is usually treated or isolated in a way so the mold contamination is minimal.

This makes sense - I live in New Orleans and it seems like the entire universe is out to eat your house, but that may be mostly drywall.

• Locked thread