Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. the devs basicaly said it like this, in multiplayer, they know its big dumb weird violent fun, so gently caress historical accuracy and all that poo poo. in single player, its historical accuracy and no recharging health/sprint and war is hell/etc. that actualy cool and i am ok with that.

imho this should be true for the allied side but why are you roleplaying as a nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Ok Cupid has some new matching questions

Eternal reminder that Chelsea is on the board of Okc's parent company. They're not even pretending that these are about dating anymore, it's pure data collection

Saved the best for last:

TRUMP

*click*

to be perfectly fair OKC's parent company also owns about 300 other websites and I'd probably want to know if my date was going to be Louise Mensch or not

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Eternal reminder that Chelsea is on the board of Okc's parent company. They're not even pretending that these are about dating anymore, it's pure data collection
is that even a popular site/app anymore or has more phone-based stuff taken over? okc sucks because too much info makes me less likely to say something to people. simple is better. also didn't know that about chelsea clinton. i'll continue to not use it

coffee meets bagel is my go-to, though they had this particularly unwoke moment a couple years ago

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

StashAugustine posted:

imho this should be true for the allied side but why are you roleplaying as a nazi

I think I can pull off the uniform?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dreddout posted:

I think I can pull off the uniform?

arewethebaddies.mp4

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Credit unions and small banks are good actually.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

they're less bad

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

the black banking thing is good. even though people are deluded when they think their measly 100s of millions make a difference to the big banking institutions which dominate modern governance.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Once you bank black...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Commerz posted:

the black banking thing is good. even though people are deluded when they think their measly 100s of millions make a difference to the big banking institutions which dominate modern governance.

Agreed. Same with the black-owned businesses initiatives you sometimes see - I think they are good even though I know that on aggregate they probably don't do a lot.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
rich black people suck too tho

~a black person whose ran in dc's rich black people circles

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I have to change banks in a year anyway should I try one of these

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

its cool how monstrous horrors are so much easier to look at when black and white

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

anyone have any info on the "safety pin box"? They talked about it on Cumtown and it seems very thread friendly.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
how soon we forget the truth of our times:

there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

FuzzySkinner posted:

anyone have any info on the "safety pin box"? They talked about it on Cumtown and it seems very thread friendly.

that was like a year-ish ago, for the orlando gay nightclub shootings, yeah?

some company had the brilliant idea to sell wokes with more idle cash than common sense a monthly subscription to have a box of safety pins mailed to them each month. if 1 safety pin = woke virtue signaling about being an ally, then 100 safety pins = you are the big kahuna woke, and people of your preferred sexual orientation will throw themselves at your feet.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

whomupclicklike posted:

I have to change banks in a year anyway should I try one of these

i mean they're mostly credit unions so yeah

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySkinner posted:

i think that was after trump won. the wokes brain broke and then it was all about "protecting minorities". so they bough safety pins.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Freaking Crumbum posted:

that was like a year-ish ago, for the orlando gay nightclub shootings, yeah?

some company had the brilliant idea to sell wokes with more idle cash than common sense a monthly subscription to have a box of safety pins mailed to them each month. if 1 safety pin = woke virtue signaling about being an ally, then 100 safety pins = you are the big kahuna woke, and people of your preferred sexual orientation will throw themselves at your feet.

gently caress i wish i thought of that.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think that was after trump won. the wokes brain broke and then it was all about "protecting minorities". so they bough safety pins.

https://www.safetypinbox.com/

quote:

What is Safety Pin Box?

Safety Pin Box is a monthly subscription box for white people striving to be allies in the fight for Black Liberation. Box memberships are a way to not only financially support Black femme freedom fighters, but also complete measurable tasks in the fight against white supremacy.

This subscription box is intended for white people who want to consistently contribute to Black liberation financially while doing measurable support work for the movement and learning what it takes to dismantle white supremacy. Safety Pin Box encourages white people to take initiative in contributing to the movement for Black lives, while getting guidance and educational resources from Black women. Subscribers are encouraged to connect with other Safety Pin members both locally and online to complete tasks and support each other in learning.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lootcrate, But Woke

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

There was a gold one for a few grand too I believe

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

first the unabomber and now this

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

It just reads like a scam.

A brilliant one at that. Hats off to them for getting idiot upper class guilty white people to give them money.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

FuzzySkinner posted:

It just reads like a scam.

A brilliant one at that. Hats off to them for getting idiot upper class guilty white people to give them money.

One of the founders was also a huge homophobe iirc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Terror Sweat posted:

its cool how monstrous horrors are so much easier to look at when black and white

putting a woke brand in made me actually look at what was really happening

putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

whomupclicklike posted:

One of the founders was also a huge homophobe iirc

Wow they're taking it pretty seriously then

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'd respect the people behind a business model that says "pay us money so you can have a monthly homework assignment" if marissa johnson wasn't one of the cofounders. she definitely stormed the stage during a social security and medicare rally that bernie sanders was attending and i'm pretty sure she was a republican before she went woke

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'd respect the people behind a business model that says "pay us money so you can have a monthly homework assignment" if marissa johnson wasn't one of the cofounders. she definitely stormed the stage during a social security and medicare rally that bernie sanders was attending and i'm pretty sure she was a republican before she went woke

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...alin-supporter/

OH that woman!

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just want to say i enjoy the bk kids klub wheelchair dude on the apple wwdc banner

they move em in closer in cropped versions

gotta meet that quota

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. the devs basicaly said it like this, in multiplayer, they know its big dumb weird violent fun, so gently caress historical accuracy and all that poo poo. in single player, its historical accuracy and no recharging health/sprint and war is hell/etc. that actualy cool and i am ok with that.

lol if you didn't mod Gay Hitler into Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

Reads like Jerkcity.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

get that OUT of my face posted:

it's like that lady that was an avowed hilldawg and also owned a screen printing company that featured TROMP THAT BITCH shirts and other pro-trump apparel. when asked why she was selling those shirts despite being a hilldawg herself, she said she sold them because "people will buy them, and I have an obligation to my shareholders to provide a positive ROI and positive quarterly fiscal comps".

capitalism knows no bounds

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/vulture/status/879707978668007428

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol what?

oh that nutjob. i hated how bernie just backed away and let them steal the mic and poo poo on him.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ok now i deffo have to see this movie

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

got any sevens posted:

ok now i deffo have to see this movie

Looks like the ad targeting content generation deep neural networks are a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

putting a woke brand in made me actually look at what was really happening

putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel those emotions well, that takes amazing talent

lol