Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Begemot posted:

Trump was revealed as a zionist puppet shortly after being elected. Someone hasn't been keeping on their Dees lore.

NO NO NO! Trump was a True Hero of the People before he was Kidnapped by the Zionist Lizardmen and Brainwashed with the Infernal Metronome and Implanted with false Memories! But he was Chosen by God/Angelic Force so he is Struggling with the Implantation. That's why his behavior is a little erratic. Sometimes his True Self comes out and he Saves us from the ZIONISTS and sometimes their Control defeats him! But he is Communicating with his TWEETS to True Followers in Code to avoid their CENSORS, he does this at Night when they Sleep and he regains some Control.

Technowolf posted:

Deep State Zionist lizardmen, duh!

This guy Gets it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

I'm always sad that nobody wants to draw Pence with stigmata

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

D.N. Nation posted:

13th entry in the GIS for "fidget spinner":

Flip image, label it CONGRESS, be a cartoonist.

(tbf "Peak Gorrell" is one of the multiple strips he's left completely blank.)

He went all the way down to the second page? For Gorrell, that's impressive.

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

And my point, weighing on whoever posted "so much for the tolerant left" was that whoever involved with the making of this play decided during rehearsals that they didn't want cheers. That was a decision made by staff and/or production. Why exactly getting cheers from a cartoon depiction of murder is unacceptable? Why go for a more realistic depiction? Why is this so-called "sobering up" is so god drat loving important?

Because liberals are god drat loving wimps.

e: substituted wimps for pussies.

e2: because I'm so triggered; in the immortal words of that Dem from Nebraska or Nevada or wherever who got fired; I'm glad Scalise got shot.

Welcome to the thread, Todd. If you must know, the reason why they went for a more realistic depiction presumably is because the entire point of Julius Caesar is that assassinating political leaders to prevent tyranny doesn't work. From a purely artistic standpoint, if the audience thinks "cool, Trump got what was coming to him!" then they're not understanding Shakespeare's objective. Why is it important to you that a theater group gets people to cheer for murdering the bad people?

Skippy Granola posted:

That's a Catholic thing, and he's not a Catholic (anymore).

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 26, 2017

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

CampingCarl posted:

Not much of a cartoon but any day now...

No, Dees, you need to do more than "Jes' saying," someone unaware of your... predilections would probably think this was about the uncontrolled military procurement system.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Axetrain posted:

I see alot of cartoonists pointing out that the AHCA is absolutely awful for the poor, which is very true, but it's also really poo poo for just about everyone else too except those pulling in 7 figures a year.

:ssh: This is the first time we've seen a lot of b these guys acknowledging that poor people exist instead of focusing solely on a mythical "middle class."

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

People sure are mad about fidget spinners.
I've still never seen one other than on the internet (usually 3-4 things on Reddit every day are about them). Are they fascinating or infuriating in some way I don't understand?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've still never seen one other than on the internet (usually 3-4 things on Reddit every day are about them). Are they fascinating or infuriating in some way I don't understand?

Cheap ones can be loud. But most of the hate stems from the fact that they're popular with kids.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

There's also been some controversy over whether or not to allow them in schools -- one one hand, some parents say they help autistic/ADHD kids focus, and on the other hand, teachers are naturally reluctant to have kids playing with toys during class time. My own school district has banned them with no pushback, but I've heard of places where a spinner ban has provoked parent revolts.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

loquacius posted:

Never-Trump conservative. In general he makes some noise about how both sides bad, but when it comes to specific complaints he only really ever seems to make them against the Dems. I'm not sure if he's a self-described libertarian or if he was just driven into the arms of Gary Johnson by Trump.

I'm almost convinced that Allie (Hayek-worshipping doof that he is) basically has nearly complete control at this point, and Stantis only has his name on it as (co-)creator. When was the last time Stantis did the art?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Prickly City is also a comic drawn by a guy who realizes his lovely opinions sound awful coming from a middle aged white man, so he gives them to a little Hispanic girl as his mouthpiece.

gently caress Stantis, Allie, and their garbage rear end comic.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Selachian posted:

There's also been some controversy over whether or not to allow them in schools -- one one hand, some parents say they help autistic/ADHD kids focus, and on the other hand, teachers are naturally reluctant to have kids playing with toys during class time. My own school district has banned them with no pushback, but I've heard of places where a spinner ban has provoked parent revolts.
I'll definitely agree that having something to mess with in your hand while working is valuable. I have a koosh ball in my cube for that reason.

edit: if they make noise that's definitely a problem in the classroom though. Otherwise I wouldn't care.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 27, 2017

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Samurai Sanders posted:

In my neck of the woods, every single convenience store sells them at the checkout, near the mini-energy drinks and such. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 different brands.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Sandpuppy posted:

In my neck of the woods, every single convenience store sells them at the checkout, near the mini-energy drinks and such. Sometimes there are 2 or 3 different brands.

We just put them in all of our stores and with the exception of two they're selling incredibly well.

Like half of our dang order in less than a week.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'll definitely agree that having something to mess with in your hand while working is valuable. I have a koosh ball in my cube for that reason.

edit: if they make noise that's definitely a problem in the classroom though. Otherwise I wouldn't care.

It's not the noise, it's that for kids who don't actually use them to mess with while working (i.e. 90% of them), they treat it as a toy and do tricks or dismantle it and it distracts from the work. And that's not getting into the "who's got the newest color etc" issues.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Shugojin posted:

We just put them in all of our stores and with the exception of two they're selling incredibly well.

Like half of our dang order in less than a week.

same at the store I work at. Though I prefer the fidget cube myself for my ADHD fidget needs.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I'm almost convinced that Allie (Hayek-worshipping doof that he is) basically has nearly complete control at this point, and Stantis only has his name on it as (co-)creator. When was the last time Stantis did the art?
Allie would never be this wishy-washy for half a goddamn year. He's one of the younger cartoonists, and he revels in trolling the left.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

I just want him drawn as a Dracula.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Twibbit posted:

same at the store I work at. Though I prefer the fidget cube myself for my ADHD fidget needs.

Nah I mean corporation wide, I do analytics stuff. No one was expecting them to do as well as they are.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Pants Donkey posted:

Allie would never be this wishy-washy for half a goddamn year. He's one of the younger cartoonists, and he revels in trolling the left.

Depends how much he craves mainstream Calvin and Hobbes-esque credibility and how willing he is to suppress his hatred for Madigan and huge mancrush on Rauner trolling tendencies.

Now that I think about it, though, you're right and it probably best explains the schizophrenic nature of the comic: Stantis writes all the handwringing and boo-hooing about civility, alternating with Allie who's all about the gently caress KILLARYHunny Bunny

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is the best Edgar Allen Poe reference.

Edit: Okay, that is also pretty great, Spiffster.

inkblot fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 27, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

inkblot posted:

This is a best Edgar Allen Poe reference.

Wouldn't it be better if the GOP were being entombed alive as trump is building a wall around them in a catacombs?

"Obamacare!" Trump said.

"He! he! he! --he! he! he! --yes, Obamacare." Said the Turtle, "But is it not getting late? Will not they be awaiting us at The Capitol, the Mall and the rest? Let us be gone."

"Yes," Trump said, "let us be gone."

"For the love of God, Don"

"Yes," Trump said, "for the love of God!"

But to these words He hearkened in vain for a reply. He grew impatient. He called aloud --

"McConnell!"

No answer. He called again --

"McConnell!"

No answer still. He thrust a torch through the remaining aperture and let it fall within. There came forth in return only a jingling of the bells. His heart grew sick; it was the dampness of the catacombs that made it so. He hastened to make an end of his labour. He forced the last stone into its position and plastered it up. Against the new masonry He re-erected the old rampart of bones of the gipper. For the half of a century no mortal has disturbed them. In pace requiescat!

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 27, 2017

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Quoth Fox News," Korean War"

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Jurgan posted:

We've got a prime example in this thread with Ted Rall. He talks about violent revolution all the time, and we joke about how he's too gutless to act on it, but it may be that part of him knows it wouldn't end well. Being forced to think about how the Rallvolution could end up backfiring might be good for him.

Given your avatar, I assume you'd be anti-Nazi punching?

Honestly I'm not sure where I fall on that question. Resorting to vigilante violence shows a great degree of cynicism about your society's ability to deal with an issue, but I can understand how people in the US feel pushed to that point.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Shugojin posted:

Nah I mean corporation wide, I do analytics stuff. No one was expecting them to do as well as they are.

When my store first got them in I thought it was some weird beyblade type thing but then I discovered it managed to be even less interesting. Also they cost 20 bucks (High end bearings or something.)

Then we sold out.

Then we sold out again.

Kids these days :corsair:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Garrand posted:

When my store first got them in I thought it was some weird beyblade type thing but then I discovered it managed to be even less interesting. Also they cost 20 bucks (High end bearings or something.)

Then we sold out.

Then we sold out again.

Kids these days :corsair:

Remember pogs, or beanie babies?

Kids of any day. :corsair:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

He appears to be ringing up the til with his middle finger.

Nice touch.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

wait, that's a joke, and it's funny. Who did he steal it from?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

...and so the right-wing cartooinstsphere moves one step closer to the Allie Singularity.

quote:

"Corruption investigations? OH NO NOT MY BUTT!" - Two time Pulitzer winner Mike Ramirez.

quote:

Obama is a cuck. A Bad Cartoon.

Gen. Ripper fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 27, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"The Russia probe is thoroughly checking all of Trump's shadiest parts." AGC

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

A gradual increase in temperatures does cause changes that would be considered apocalyptic by most standards.

Like what the gently caress is this? You think people will care more about climate change if you pretend its not as big of an issue? That makes no sense. That will just make it easier for you to keep ignoring.

I mean it'd be nice if we could keep the world nice and clean just for the sake of it but the GLORIOUS FREE MARKET doesn't agree with that.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Twibbit posted:

The spinners work pretty well for my fidgeting needs, though I did use a Hubstack yoyo before.

At least until I start doing tricks.

There's got to be better answers, though the spinning works wonders to stop procrastinating.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

chairface posted:

wait, that's a joke, and it's funny. Who did he steal it from?

I think your humor might be broken.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

I think your humor might be broken.

Compared to Tinsley's usual fare, "lol Americans are fat" and a snipe about cultural appropriation is pretty tame.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gen. Ripper posted:

Compared to Tinsley's usual fare, "lol Americans are fat" and a snipe about cultural appropriation is pretty tame.

Sure, it's not insulting, but it's like Jay Leno monologue stuff.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Like what the gently caress is this? You think people will care more about climate change if you pretend its not as big of an issue? That makes no sense. That will just make it easier for you to keep ignoring.
That's the point. It's another Prickly City comic about how the real issue is how irrationally bothered everyone is, and instead how you should simply just relax and accept the new normal.

• Locked thread