Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ImpAtom posted:

How in this thread is the answer not Chocos?

You rang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Adnor posted:

I don't know which Superboy issue.

That just seems incredibly out of character for Clark. Why would he be into early Metallica at all? It makes no sense. Even worse is Superboy's embarrassing dialogue! It does make me want to re-read the Return of Superman, lame as a lot of it is.

There's a funny panel where Superboy is staring at Supergirl's chest and he says "I was chest choking...I mean, just joking!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's from the Joe Kelly run. It's good stuff. I think that's the issue where Conner finally ditches the leather jacket as well.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

this is a bad place to go on a date Bruce.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

That's from the Joe Kelly run. It's good stuff. I think that's the issue where Conner finally ditches the leather jacket as well.

He initially gets another jacket that lasts until the end of the series. I dont recall seeing it in Young Justice though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A Strange Aeon posted:

That just seems incredibly out of character for Clark. Why would he be into early Metallica at all? It makes no sense.

What kind of boring rear end in a top hat isn't into early Metallica? Beside Batman I mean.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It makes total sense to me that Superman would just randomly like some poo poo. He'd probably keep it quiet so it doesn't come off as like "Superman likes Metallica, therefore every idiot opinion given by a member of Metallica is Super-Endorsed." Obviously Batman would know.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hockey on the moon sounds awesome. And I want to see Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent on a couch wearing AC/DC and Metallica shirts.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A Strange Aeon posted:

There's a funny panel where Superboy is staring at Supergirl's chest and he says "I was chest choking...I mean, just joking!"

It must be insane being a kid sidekick in a world where people like Power Girl are just walking around and having conversations and nobody thinks anything is unusual.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

prefect posted:

It must be insane being a kid sidekick in a world where people like Power Girl are just walking around and having conversations and nobody thinks anything is unusual.

Depends which artist is drawing her.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Adnor posted:

I don't know which Superboy issue.

#83 in the 1994 series.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

prefect posted:

In that Alan Moore story about Superman's birthday, he has Batman kind of address this with Robin when he asks how Wonder Woman wears her outfit when it's so cold outside the Fortress of Solitude, and Batman says something weird like "think clean thoughts, chum" with a weird grin.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A Strange Aeon posted:

In that Alan Moore story about Superman's birthday, he has Batman kind of address this with Robin when he asks how Wonder Woman wears her outfit when it's so cold outside the Fortress of Solitude, and Batman says something weird like "think clean thoughts, chum" with a weird grin.

I thought you were kidding about the "chum" part. :newlol:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

prefect posted:

Figures that they'd have Wonder Woman get confused at the sight of dick. :bahgawd:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

SilverSupernova posted:

Axis was a wonderful event just for the Hobgoblin and Carnage minis that spawned from it.

(From AXIS: Hobgoblin #2)

I went and reread this after the discussion had me in the mood to revisit it. I completely forgot they had a second pseudo advertisement in that issue.

I miss the AXIS villains.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Figures that they'd have Wonder Woman get confused at the sight of dick. :bahgawd:

Nice try, that's Jason Todd.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

prefect posted:

I like to imagine it's a bit like being raised in a nudist colony or around adult entertainers-- it just normalizes in your mind with enough exposure. Plus there are loads of nightlife environments, hobbies, and clubs where you can see as much or more irl and most guys seem to do alright.

SilverSupernova posted:

I went and reread this after the discussion had me in the mood to revisit it. I completely forgot they had a second pseudo advertisement in that issue.

I miss the AXIS villains.
:spooky: Pumpkin-flavored candy :spooky:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Science!

World's Finest 215

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

prefect posted:

I'm getting major nightowl vibes from Jason in that second to last panel, the slumped shoulders and confused look,even the colouring.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Zeeman posted:

Science!

World's Finest 215

WHAT

VanSandman fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 27, 2017

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Nice try, that's Jason Todd.

You might want to read the panels more closely.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I'm getting major nightowl vibes from Jason in that second to last panel, the slumped shoulders and confused look,even the colouring.

Well, that story was drawn by Gibbons...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
To be fair this isn't particularly outlandish in the context of the ending of the 1978 Superman movie.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Zeeman posted:

Science!

World's Finest 215

His scientific wizardry??

Scientific????

SCIENTIFIC?????

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is "scientific wizardry" inherently contradictory?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

prefect posted:

"Wizardry" can also mean being so good at something it seems like magic, not literally magic. Like someone being "a wizard with numbers" or whatever.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kantesu posted:

Well, that story was drawn by Gibbons...

Cool I always liked the way he drew.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

prefect posted:

Some might say that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mr. Wizard was a scientist.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Push El Burrito posted:

Mr. Wizard was a scientist.

Not to be confused with Doctor Science, the Sorcerer.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Not to be confused with Doctor Science, the Sorcerer.

Excuse me, but Dr. Science (He Knows More Then You Do!) has a Masters (in Science!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ask_Dr._Science

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Man, Spongebob comics constantly amaze me.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Why is Spider-Man webbing up John Constantine?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Why is Harry Potter playing an Iron Man game? Spidey is a weirdness magnet, man.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Zeeman posted:

Science!

World's Finest 215

That got so stupid so fast.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Grendels Dad posted:

Why is Spider-Man webbing up John Constantine?

It's Constantine. He probably deserves it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

joehonkie posted:

Man, Spongebob comics constantly amaze me.

Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Cabbit posted:

It's Constantine. He probably deserves it.

Probably?